i thought i had seen on BGR or Engadget that the prototype IPHONE for verizon will have a much smaller screen than the current version? anyone else read that or see it anywhere??
    I saw it, but now I can't find the link. It said 3Q this year too I believe, or 3Q next year. LOL And the iPhone for VZW was nasty looking with the small screen. Like a chick gun.
    01-21-10 03:22 PM
    Who give a isht what Google calendar will do for the BB platform? I don't, and neither do users that use Exchange at work but don't want to or don't have the use of BES within that same organization due to added costs that IT/Management doesn't want to deal with. For those people, ANY phone that does ActiveSync will work better then a BB on BIS (OWA conduits) to get their email. For THOSE people, ActiveSync (at no additional cost of licensing or installing software) will get them full mailbox wireless sync, whereas BIS can't do it to save its life. Not only that, but they'll also receive ALL of their email in ENTIRETY, as apposed to the truncated and poorly HTML rendered email that ANY (BES OR BIS) Blackberry email solution brings to the BB platform.

Either way you look at it, RIM's behind on email support. Yes, I said it... they are behind.

They're behind on quicker pushes for BIS users.
    They are behind in HTML rendering.
    They are behind on mailbox navigation within the BB UI on ALL units.

They need to stop tooting their horn and start fixing these issues if they want to continue to sell koolaid with no ice.
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

At least half a dozen emails I get per week are TRUNCATED! This is ridiculous. And BlackBerries are supposed to be the BEST PLATFORM FOR EMAILING? I don't think so. I've never used the iPhone, but I know that my colleagues receiving those same emails on their iPhones HAVE NO PROBLEMS DISPLAYING THEM. Half the time I have to click on 'truncated, get more' ****, but at least that will keep displaying the message until a certain point at which there's no more extensions and the system is dead. Some messages can't be displayed at all. That's 'best for email'????
    01-21-10 05:49 PM
    THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!

At least half a dozen emails I get per week are TRUNCATED! This is ridiculous. And BlackBerries are supposed to be the BEST PLATFORM FOR EMAILING? I don't think so. I've never used the iPhone, but I know that my colleagues receiving those same emails on their iPhones HAVE NO PROBLEMS DISPLAYING THEM. Half the time I have to click on 'truncated, get more' ****, but at least that will keep displaying the message until a certain point at which there's no more extensions and the system is dead. Some messages can't be displayed at all. That's 'best for email'????
    one of the most frustrating things for me as well
    01-21-10 06:57 PM
    BINGO.

that's what kills me. tiiiiiiiiiiiiny upgrades to keep pushing hardware. Their software is subpar, but I like the functionality of my berry. Without more massive hardware boosts though, there's little reason for me to stay in berry town.

Which really makes me sad because i FRICKIN LOVE THE CLICK SCREEN!!!
    You totally get it and so many other people do, too. RIM must know it. Unfortunately they haven't changed the way they do business. Some people in these forums are still blinded by their ego and/or loyalty. They jusdon get it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-23-10 09:19 PM
    I look at it this way. RIM used to be the only game in town. Now there is much more competition. The thing is that the main competition from Apple and Android are coming from a different angle in that they are more consumer based. RIM is still in the lead from a market share perspective and owns the Enterprise/security crowd. But Apple and Google have a lot of talented people and nearly unlimited resources and they are coming on strong. I give credit to RIM in that while they still have a solid lead and pretty strong base they are working very hard to change up there offering and compete against the new players in a new game, but retain their own strengths. Often times the guy in lead just doesn't look over his shoulder.

Now does that mean that by the end of 2010 or 2011 RIM will have a device to compete with iPhone or Android? IDK...

05-27-10 07:29 AM
    Is it just me or has RIM become a total vapor company? By that I mean all their fanfare is for nonexistent devices and an OS that's. It released because the devices it will run on is.... As said before... non-existent.

"oh but just you wait.... Look what we want to sell! In the meantime we are repainting one of our old products white and selling it."

Yipee.

05-27-10 10:37 AM
    **** I am still waiting to see any promotion of the 9650. Sprint is sitting briefly on exclusivity of the "flagship" BB and they don't even have poster up in their Manhattan store I walk past. But they already have some signs up about the Evo. Kind of tells where RIM is starting to sit.

05-27-10 11:05 AM
    On and on and on. go buy a different phone already. How did RIM start out again? Business phones right? High security for corporate use? Email....perfect for businesses and execs on the go? When was the last time you saw a CEO using his flashlight app? Or playing a virtual piano?
    As a normal everyday conSumer with plenty of free time to dink around and play games on a BLACKBERRY; or say use the above mentioned "flashlight" to find their drunken way through a college dorm, it would be understOod why you need 15 million Terabytes just for apps. But for business purposes is it really that necessary?
    I ask again....What were the original intentions and focus of RIM? Quit complaining about what YOU want it to do?
    The bottom line is you followed the latest "trend" and now you realize that that trend just wasn't for you. You were left disappointed and now you're trying to blame RIM.
    Consider this.....if you were going to buy a car for your family of 8 would you buy a two door coup because everyone else is? Then ***** at the manufacturer because you can't get everyone in it without it being weighed down and slow?

Think about it like that.

Very well said...I personally, have had very minimal issues with my Storm. Other than a glitch here and there with apps, or themes, my storm has worked great. I dont use my phone for pointless apps, or games or even music. Thats what an Ipod is for...Am I disappointed that there are less and less leaks and/or updates...Sure!!! but at the end of the day, my storm has been extremely reliable, efficient and does exactly what I need it to do...Im no tech wiz, and quite new to the BB scene..but I believe RIM will surprise a lot of people in the next 6-15 months..
    05-27-10 05:09 PM
    but if they dont....................lol....

switch time!!!
    05-27-10 05:21 PM
234 ... 8910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD