welp another problem with my storm 2..its getting kind of old to be honest. a few days ago i ran my battery pretty low, like 18% i believe, got home and plugged it in right away. I fell asleep and as it was steadily climbing, and when i woke up it was at 71%. That is the highest its been since, now it wont charge over 61%. My meterberry battery logs say its batt full and 61%. I tried charging it via USB, regular wall charger, and my car charger (the one verizon sold me, not a generic one).

any ideas?? other then go out and buy a new battery?
    04-28-10 05:52 PM
    I've always had problems with my battery regardless of open apps. Its just something I've dealt with cause I do not know the answer...
    04-28-10 06:34 PM
    Have you pulled the battery yet? That will fix MANY problems.
    04-28-10 08:37 PM
    Verizon will tell you to drain the battery COMPLETELY (until the phone turns itself off) and then recharge. Also, I learned the hard way that you have to exit Meterberry or when you open it it will open on the last status viewed. just some suggestions. I just ordered my third battery for what its worth. I feel your pain.
    04-28-10 09:41 PM
    yea i did a battery pull, then did a complete device wipe thinking maybe it had something to do with an app or the twitter for bb i installed a few days ago. Same deal. Im gonna run it all the way down today, ive already charged it up to 61% 3 times today and its getting low again :/. thanks for the help though
    04-28-10 09:55 PM
    That is strange man. Definitely give that a shot!
    04-28-10 10:17 PM
    kind of an update, thanks for the help guys, but its definitely something internal in the phone. It wont charge at all now, i ran it for a few days plugged in the whole time, since it wouldnt charge over like 5 or 6%, but now it wont take anything. Its strange, ive done wipes and stuff, it will connect to my computer fine via usb, but just wont charge. I dont know. The verizon guys were actually nice and gave me a new battery to try but no such luck. Ive got a replacement on the way, but for the next few days im stuck on a dumbphone..I wish i wasnt having so many problems with this phone, i love it!, but cant deal with getting a replacement every month or so.. i wish the droid incredible wasnt looking so appealing to me right now
    Last edited by mxrider657; 05-02-10 at 12:32 AM.
    05-02-10 12:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD