Hey guys,
    So I tried to backup my storm this morning and get this:

Any Ideas....please dont tell me to wipe and re-install...I have no back...dont ask why
    03-28-09 11:11 AM
    In DM Backup/Restore go to Advanced options and scroll down to Browser Cache and clear. Then try again, it should work.

Be sure to also backup you third party apps.

Also, search before posting, this question has been asked so many times, I dream about it!
    03-28-09 11:17 AM
    hmmm did a search with keywords " backup Issue" ... maybe my search efforts need to be refined...thank though I will give that a try. Currently removing DM and re-installing that
    03-28-09 11:24 AM
    In addition to searching, you'll usually find what you need in the howto sub-forums. Might save you some time with posting an often-asked question or spending time searching.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f135/ho...-bases-122039/
    03-28-09 11:29 AM
    In DM Backup/Restore go to Advanced options and scroll down to Browser Cache and clear. Then try again, it should work.

Also, search before posting, this question has been asked so many times, I dream about it!
    Thank boss, worked like a charm
    03-28-09 11:44 AM

you beat me to it

seems like we have answered this question many times this week.. huh?
    03-28-09 11:50 AM
    Thank boss, worked like a charm
    You are welcome. I now do the clear browser cache before each backup, it may not always be necessary, but I have not had a backup fail yet.

I find when searching, I often need to try several different combinations of search words before I find the solution.
    03-28-09 11:51 AM
    Hey guys,
    So I tried to backup my storm this morning and get this:

Any Ideas....please dont tell me to wipe and re-install...I have no back...dont ask why
    I am experiencing the same problem. See link to my post. I have tried clearing cache, wiping phone, battery pulls. I can now only do an Advanced backup by choosing specific dbs to backup.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...36#post2106136
    03-28-09 02:13 PM
    I am experiencing the same problem. See link to my post. I have tried clearing cache, wiping phone, battery pulls. I can now only do an Advanced backup by choosing specific dbs to backup.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthr...36#post2106136
    did you try going into BlackBerry Desktop Manager --> Backup and Restore --> Advanced, highlighting "Browser Data Cache" under "Device databases" then clicking "Clear"?
    03-28-09 02:36 PM
    did you try going into BlackBerry Desktop Manager --> Backup and Restore --> Advanced, highlighting "Browser Data Cache" under "Device databases" then clicking "Clear"?
    Thanks. I just did that while on the phone with BB Tier 2 Tech Support. I did that and a battery pull and it resolved the problem. Thanks for your help also
    03-28-09 04:19 PM
    you beat me to it

seems like we have answered this question many times this week.. huh?
    Yes, this seems to be happening with more frequency, or more new people and they have not learned the art of searching yet. I think a lot of people try one search and when they don't find what they are looking for, they give up and post the question.
    03-28-09 05:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD