I have updated my Blackberry with every version of the leaked OS without a problem. However, once I installed the .106 hybrid, it removed all of my contacts/service books. I am not worried about the books since they can be resent, but is there a way to retrieve my lost contacts after they have been wiped? It appears that the OS updates will go through a backup process before reinstalling.... Please note that I have not manually backed my files up to this point.
    02-18-09 10:43 AM
    no I think your out of luck. have you ever made a back up file before? just restore from that file. However if you went through apploader it should do a back unless you asked it not to. should be in your temp internet files or my doc's
    02-18-09 10:57 AM
    Unless you used a program like JL Commander to manually wipe your phone before you installed the OS, Desktop Manager should have done a backup before you updated your OS. I believe you just have to go into Desktop Manager and use the Restore function and find that backup
    02-18-09 10:59 AM
    Sorry- I jumped the gun here. Whenever you update your OS, apparently it automatically backs the files up for you (that is, if you have it set up to automatically back up. My desktop manager was set to auto-back up by default). I have maybe 6-7 backup files in My Documents on my computer. Thanks for the advice!
    02-18-09 11:01 AM
    Sorry- I jumped the gun here. Whenever you update your OS, apparently it automatically backs the files up for you (that is, if you have it set up to automatically back up. My desktop manager was set to auto-back up by default). I have maybe 6-7 backup files in My Documents on my computer. Thanks for the advice!
    Remember if you do a wipe of your phone before a new OS install it cannot make a backup because you will have removed all data with the wipe. In that case you need to make the backup first.

It is a good idea to make a back up of both your data and apps on somekind of a regular basis. That way if there is a problem with the install you can recover.
    02-18-09 03:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD