04-25-10 07:56 PM
123 123 ...
tools
    In an effort to simply things for me and my users/customers, I have created an application manager similar in style to app world and the app manager on the Storm/Storm2. The application works by checking the version of installed applications versus a database that I have stored on my site. The updates are checked automatically when your phone is rebooted (hard reset) and can also be checked manually from within the app. The app lists all installed applications, the time/date they were installed, the version on the phone, as well as the most current version listed on the site. To update an app, just click on the app and a popup will display asking if you want to update or cancel.

You will need to update your CM library manually before installing the app, but after that everything can be done from within the app. Also, every app will also need to be reinstalled after updating the CM library due to some changes made. The old link for CM is still active and will be there for a few weeks, after I completely get all of my apps updated, I will no longer publish the link to the CM file as almost everything has been automated. Anyone who has purchased an app lately should have received an auto-response with a download link for the CM library, and as of now it also contains a link to the update manager (titled BUM). I apologize ahead of time for any inconveniece this may cause in the near future, but I have over 20 apps that I have developed in the past 8 months, and this is the easiest way for me to keep track of things with the limited amount of time i have with a newborn.

Here are the links for the files:

CM Pre-4.7: CM
    BUM Pre-4.7: CM

CM 4.7+: CM
    BUM 4.7+: CM

PS Please let me know if any of the links do not work or if the apps look distorted. I tried to get all of the paid apps first, but may have missed a few. If the version number is listed as 0.0.00 then I have not uploaded the app to the site yet. You will also need to restart your phone for it to correctly process the updates.

PPS You can use the coupon code BUMMED to install any/all apps that I have for free to test it out and make sure everything is working. There are 100 uses and you should be able to add as many apps of mine as you like, so please only use it once per person.
    Last edited by CMY; 01-07-10 at 10:24 PM.
    01-07-10 07:58 PM
    wow! very cool
    01-07-10 08:37 PM
    getting all zeros right now
    01-07-10 08:39 PM
    So how do you get your apps to show up in here? do you first have to them installed from mobihand?
    01-07-10 08:41 PM
    I am getting all 0.00 too
    01-07-10 08:42 PM
    Yes, it only shows apps that you have installed. Once you request a check for updates, it should change the version numbers of the apps that you have installed. Give me a min and I'll create a coupon for my apps for a few people to try it out.
    01-07-10 08:50 PM
    You can use the coupon code BUMMED to install any/all apps that I have for free to test it out and make sure everything is working. There are 100 uses and you should be able to add as many apps of mine as you like, so please only use it once per person.
    01-07-10 08:54 PM
    I just got an update email that read:

BUM,0.0.46,file=BUM&dir=BUM/47
    CM,0.0.272,file=CM&dir=CM/47

But that isn't helpful..what does that mean?
    01-07-10 09:00 PM
    Is this also for berry2berry

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-10 09:03 PM
    This will be great. Being able to check for updated apps with a central app/utility is much needed.
    01-07-10 09:04 PM
    i now have gotten 2 of the same update messages
    01-07-10 09:04 PM
    I am not getting any curent versions..but I just got ANOTher update email
    01-07-10 09:06 PM
    You need to restart the phone for the background processing to begin. That email ir read and processed by the app then deleted, but you have to restart first so the background process can begin. Sorry, I didn't mention that.
    01-07-10 09:08 PM
    ahh..ok..doing a battery pull now.....so is it a problem that I already deleted the emails that my device got?
    01-07-10 09:11 PM
    still having issues post battery pull....still all 0.0.00
    01-07-10 09:20 PM
    I haven't gotten any emails and still show 0.00

01-07-10 09:22 PM
    I haven't gotten any emails and still show 0.00

Did you launch the app the register?
    01-07-10 09:23 PM
    Forgetmenot is not working with this CM version. App launches and freezes
    01-07-10 09:26 PM
    Did you launch the app the register?
    Yea I did

01-07-10 09:31 PM
    @MrL09
    It will list Berry2Berry but there are no updates available for it right now, I am still in the middle of a major update for it, and am working on a few other issues with it.

@OneOfAKindDPC
    I don't know why you are getting the null pointer exception, but I suspect it has to do with your email, as it is listed as just hotmail and not the full thing.

@Msgreenf
    There is an updated version of ForgetMeNot now, see if that one works.
    01-07-10 09:36 PM
    i have restart since last post even and click the 'check updates" and still have red zeros

01-07-10 09:50 PM
    @howarmat
    Your email is th eone showing up as just hotmail, that is why you are not getting the response with the app versions. I have never tested how a hotmail account is shown on the phone, but when you are on the register screen does it show hotmail for the email or the whole email address?
    01-07-10 10:23 PM
    i get the response email but it never gets processed...
    01-07-10 11:02 PM
    @howarmat
    Your email is th eone showing up as just hotmail, that is why you are not getting the response with the app versions. I have never tested how a hotmail account is shown on the phone, but when you are on the register screen does it show hotmail for the email or the whole email address?
    What its doing is taking all the email account names and displaying them.

Since i named my accounts what service they where:

Gmail
    MISO
    Hotmail
    Blackberry

Its reading those and not the actual email address. Anyway to fix it so it actually reads the email address and not the name of the account
    01-07-10 11:12 PM
    I didnt know you could rename the accounts, the new version of BUM should fix that issue if you can install it and let me know.
    01-07-10 11:34 PM
123 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD