I just got a replacement storm and i'm having a problem with the backlight timeout time. I have it set at 10 secs but it stays on much longer than that. i've tried to switch the time and change it back and have played with the brightness but nothing works. i wouldnt really care but its leading to my battery to die half way through the day. any suggestions??? thanks in advance
    03-13-10 01:35 PM
    I finally realized it was because of a backlight setting that was on pattern lock. silly me.
    04-02-10 03:08 PM
    I finally realized it was because of a backlight setting that was on pattern lock. silly me.
    where did you go to for the pattern lock? my backlight isnt turning off at all. Ive checked my setting also

thx
    07-20-10 09:39 PM
    where did you go to for the pattern lock? my backlight isnt turning off at all. Ive checked my setting also

thx
    PatternLock is a third party that lets you unlock your phone by swiping a pattern. IF you have this on your phone you can adjust your backlight by hitting options-applications-patternlock-backlight.
    07-21-10 08:09 AM
    PatternLock is a third party that lets you unlock your phone by swiping a pattern. IF you have this on your phone you can adjust your backlight by hitting options-applications-patternlock-backlight.
    thx for the info. just checked it and i dont have it. any other ideas? thx
    07-22-10 12:03 AM
    I am very curious to see if a solution to this, because I am having the same problem. But I realized my screen goes blank if I try to unlock my phone if there is a group message BBM waiting to be read. The screen remains blank for about 3-4min, then eventually the backup and the phone works as it should.
    07-22-10 02:01 AM
    More than likely you are like the OP and have a third party app you need to set....what apps do you have?
    07-22-10 08:03 AM
    well, went to the verizon store and they told me to call it in for a insurance claim. they couldnt get it working either. insurance had a tech support. they just told me, lets try this, take the battery out and hold down the power button for 15secs. now my phone is good as new
    07-25-10 10:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD