I just noticed my backlight stays on all the time. I originally had it set for 45 seconds, I went into Tools - Screen/Keyboard and set Backlight Timeout for 10 Seconds - and it still stays lit all the time. When I put it in the Screen Lock position, it still stays lit. xWhen I plug it into the charger, it goes to the alarm clock mode. This is going to be a real battery drainer!
    11-23-08 05:28 PM
    Try a battery pull and see if that resets it. Always try a battery pull if something strange is going on with your phone. It cures a lot of unexplained problems.
    11-23-08 05:49 PM
    Try a battery pull and see if that resets it. Always try a battery pull if something strange is going on with your phone. It cures a lot of unexplained problems.
    Yea, I work in a call center for VZW and thats the first thing I do to troubleshoot is the soft reset.....it didn't work. I backed up my phone and was getting ready to do a hard reset when I started thinking maybe it was a 3rd party application I installed earlier - yup, that was it! The BB Weather program was the problem.....whew.
    11-23-08 05:58 PM
    Glad you got it figured out!
    11-23-08 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD