When I turn on the automatic back light option and go into portrait mode the back light just randomly lightens and darkens. and doesn't seem to be going off the ambient light or anything. When I go to landscape it seems to be fine and doesn't switch as much. Could this be a software bug, or is it hardware that needs to be switched?

has anyone else had this problem?
    12-02-08 09:29 PM
    Yes, I did. I don't know anything about what causes it.
    12-02-08 09:36 PM
    What I'm noticing is the dim feature works in portrait mode but in landscape it just stays super bright all the time. Too bright in the dark!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-02-08 09:42 PM
    Same problem here. I also notice that even when I touch it the screen doesn't always light back up and this is the time it takes a while to switch from protrait to landscape as well.
    12-02-08 09:54 PM
    I have the same symptoms, different settings. I have my backlight set to 10(lowest) and I have my AutoDim turned off. This happened to me for the first time today and it has been an issue with my girlfriends Storm (even though it kind of fixed itself). Mine just gets super bright and then super dim, then when it finds the middle ground I notice a slight flicker. Im hoping this is a software issue...
    12-02-08 10:02 PM
    It has happened to me too AND I notice it happens right after I exit "bedside mode".

Hmm could it be that it's still at Bedside mode?

ALTHOUGH I notice that a soft-reset or battery pull fixes the issue.
    12-18-08 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD