Ever since I've upgraded to .148, my backlight has been going crazy. Randomly, the backlight will turn off, and I can only faintly see the screen. Its so bad that it has been 24 + hours without being able to use the phone. Does anyone have a solution? Ive tried battery pulls, soft resets....locking and unlocking ... nothing seems to be working...

Thanks in advance
    06-19-09 07:10 AM
    Sounds like a malfunction take it back to where you bought it.
    06-19-09 12:54 PM
    yea but ive had the phone since it debuted in Decemeber...and this is the first time its happened only after i upgraded OSs
    06-19-09 01:37 PM
    Try downgrading and then going back to .148. Maybe that will help or something..
    06-19-09 04:19 PM
    Im noticed the same problem. I have had my Storm since launch also and this issue did not crop up until going to 148.
    06-20-09 07:33 AM
    Those of you with the backlight issues, can you post your branding version?

Also, if you're running BBLight as an app on your phone, DELETE it. It's what's been known to cause these issues under .148.
    Last edited by JRSCCivic98; 06-20-09 at 09:59 AM.
    06-20-09 09:57 AM
    Those of you with the backlight issues, can you post your branding version?

Also, if you're running BBLight as an app on your phone, DELETE it. It's what's been known to cause these issues under .148.
    ****** question: what does Branding Version refer to, specifically?

Edit: Never mind...I woke up and used the search button....
    Last edited by shivaji; 06-20-09 at 12:01 PM.
    06-20-09 11:39 AM
    still having the same issues with the back light, the only way i can get it to turn back on is if i hit my phone as if i was packing a pack of cigarettes...im not using BBlight, but i am using stormtorch.... and its bizarre tho. i went to verizon and magically the back light had no problems, but i did switch out my battery, after long use it wasnt holding the charge very long, and at first the new battery did the trick, but after a few days same back light problem. it seriously pisses me off ...
    07-07-09 01:07 PM
    i have this same exact problem... i even called verizon and asked if its possible i blew an led or somethin... they of course thought i was nutts.... (i am running 151 ) but it was doing this to me on 148 as well.... i have the original phone i got back in december just as u say as well.

wonder what is going on here... if its possible there is a major bug in these last few leaks(and 148 os) that brought open a can of worms.... i see a poster commented on bblight being a problem...if u dont have it joepoole and it still wont work for u... i dont really want to delete it since i have no other way to light up my phone when i get texts and calls...etc

anyone with any insight or a solve for this would be great... or a program that does everything the light program does... also explain why bblight hasnt been updated to fit the software... is there a pay version that has?..

thanks all

-murph
    07-07-09 04:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD