After reading the forums forever i finally followed the steps to upgrade my OS to .148 and I did it and love it. I havent had really any problems to complain about!

However Verizon sent me a replacement phone because of tech issues I was having with my phone. When I send this phone back does it matter if the OS is not the offical?
    05-22-09 07:01 AM
    i suggest flashing back to .75. just in case.
    05-22-09 07:05 AM
    it doesn't matter. I have sent back several Pearls and Storms with leaked OS's. They don't care. As a precaution, you could just wipe it with JL_Commander and leave it with no OS. I have done that too.
    05-22-09 07:28 AM
    I agree with Causey don't risk it because technically by loading on a unapproved OS onto your device you void your manufactures warranty and when you send it back they try to see if it is worth trying to recondition and they could charge the full retail amount to your account if they find an unoffical OS on you Storm.
    05-22-09 07:32 AM
    I've sent back 5 replacements 2 had leaked os cuz I was lazy and nothing happened. But play it safe, downgrade. Use launcher and it takes 15 mins its worth it vs having ir insurance canceled n more refurbs for u.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-09 07:45 AM
    Technically under the Magnauson Moss act the manufacturer can only void your warranty if the leaked os caused the problem.

05-22-09 08:36 AM
    but really u dont think vzw wouldnt try to blame the problems of the phone on anybody but themslvs, i mean if my screen doesnt click in right its because i have a leaked os(DUH!) if i have dust under my screen its becasue of a leaked os and some 3rd party apps ( u guys didnt know this???)

hahaha
    05-22-09 08:41 AM
    it doesn't matter. I have sent back several Pearls and Storms with leaked OS's. They don't care. As a precaution, you could just wipe it with JL_Commander and leave it with no OS. I have done that too.

+1 for J_L and no os, that's how I've done mine, then there are no worries of leaked OSs, OR having any personal info left on the phone.
    05-22-09 09:31 AM
    I agree with Causey don't risk it because technically by loading on a unapproved OS onto your device you void your manufactures warranty and when you send it back they try to see if it is worth trying to recondition and they could charge the full retail amount to your account if they find an unoffical OS on you Storm.
    This would suggest that loading ANY Third Party Apps, voids your warantee.... THIS IS NOT TRUE! A leaked OS is just like a Third Party App. Just because Verizon and Rim will not provide you with support, does not mean you have voided the warantee. That would be like installing Linux on your pc at home and HP telling you thats the reason your screen has dead pixels... its absurd to think that SOFTWARE voids a HARDWARE warantee.
    05-22-09 09:39 AM
    After reading the forums forever i finally followed the steps to upgrade my OS to .148 and I did it and love it. I havent had really any problems to complain about!

However Verizon sent me a replacement phone because of tech issues I was having with my phone. When I send this phone back does it matter if the OS is not the offical?
    I was talking with VZW tech support yesterday and they said that an OS update will be forthcoming (I know...we heard this before) but she advised me to check out crackberry.com to get the latest leaked OS.....I thought that was pretty funny!
    05-22-09 09:53 AM
    I would play it safe dude, big red could get mean sometimes.
    05-22-09 09:56 AM
    I sent to back in the same day with .148 installed
    The first phone would not register my button presses and the second would not recognize my sd card

05-22-09 11:35 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD