Ok here is the deal. I am on my second storm. My first one was fine except the screen click issues. Well my second one, no screen click issues but the damn thing reboots at least 10 or more times a day.It really likes to do it when i am on the phone or recieve a txt or email msg. Only apps i have is youtube and the crackberry launcher.
    So before i call tech support and get them to send me a replacement. I was in vzw and they said its a software issue and it will be addressed in the new update.
    Ok here is the deal, i have read on here that its a hardware issue not a software issue. Well i figured i would reset my phone and go that route and see if it works.
    Now would it be pointless to back up my phone and swap it over? Wouldn't that just defeat the purpose? Only backup and restore my contacts?
    What would the proper way to do this? Cause i know if i call tech support they will want to reset the phone, so i might as well go ahead and try it.
    Opinions suggestions?
    01-09-09 11:42 AM
    Each storm seems to react differently to the OS as it turns out. I say try a switch and see what happens. the Reboots are a software issue and not a hardware issue as far as I have read. If you think you have a perfect storm in terms of hardware, I would hold on to it. An official updates seems impending...

Good luck with whatever you choose to do!
    01-09-09 11:47 AM
    If you have alot of contacts, it might be worth your time to back them up. From all I have seen, my phone included, resets are software and not hardware. I did not have a problem with resets until I installed .85.
    01-09-09 11:53 AM
    If you have alot of contacts, it might be worth your time to back them up. From all I have seen, my phone included, resets are software and not hardware. I did not have a problem with resets until I installed .85.

Well i am still on .75 . When i used to beta test pc games, the leaked version wasnt the officail version and i rather not "be" a beta test for my phone LOL.

I do have alot of contacts, but i got all my settings perfect and got alot of saved txt msgs emails etc. I think the storm "hardware is ok" But i just dont want to end up with a faulty phone if my warranty runs out if the resets are a hardware issue. Cause my first storm never did reset?
    01-09-09 11:58 AM
    I think you should hold out for the next update. It should be sometime soon and see how the phone responds after a couple of days. I think its better then sending a good phone back and risk getting a problem.
    01-09-09 12:15 PM
    I think you should hold out for the next update. It should be sometime soon and see how the phone responds after a couple of days. I think its better then sending a good phone back and risk getting a problem.
    Gotcha i am just getting close to my 30days on my second phone. Just getting worried
    01-09-09 12:45 PM
    Is their a thread that shows the best way to wipe the BB and start from scratch?
    I got my contacts, and stuff i want saved, i just want to start a fresh install and go from there?
    01-10-09 01:09 PM
    Does it flash the Device error 348? What is the error when it reboots?
    01-10-09 01:13 PM
    No error just random reboots when it feels like it. Sometimes it does it during a call, sometimes when i receive a txt and emails and sometimes just whenever it wants too.
    Last edited by psi; 01-10-09 at 01:19 PM.
    01-10-09 01:15 PM
    Always backup your device if you want to save your contacts, user setting, and messages, etc. When you get the new device, plug in>Open DM>Backup/Restore>Restore.
    01-10-09 01:22 PM
    Always backup your device if you want to save your contacts, user setting, and messages, etc. When you get the new device, plug in>Open DM>Backup/Restore>Restore.
    Thx so if i do that?It doesn't restore the phone with the old OS? just user settings,contacts etc?
    Cause thats what i done with this replacement. After i got it it was already running .75 so i just used DM to backup and restore.
    I didnt know if something went crazy to cause all these reboots.
    I didn't know if i should wipe the phone and try again. I am unsure which route to go. Or just call vzw and get another. Cause my old one never rebooted
    01-10-09 01:26 PM
    The answer to this question (no matter what you said above) is YES frickin back up! You're stupid not to... Get the data and back it up as it can be restored separately or in any way shape or form you see fit...

....Its better to have than to want!
    01-10-09 01:29 PM
    Of course it is a good idea to do backups. It is better to have a recent backup and not use it than to not have it and need it.
    01-10-09 04:15 PM
    Of course it is a good idea to do backups. It is better to have a recent backup and not use it than to not have it and need it.
    I agree, better to be safe than sorry. I backup my phone about every two weeks and then I do a hard reset on it at least once per month. I've always done this on BB's whether they needed it or not.
    01-10-09 04:32 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD