If anyone knows what is wrong please help me... When in BlackBerry Manager on Win XP I get a error during backup on the "Custom Words Collection" back up. It says... "Error Backing Up Database."

Has anyone else had this issue and got it resolved?

Thanks, Nick
    12-12-08 11:19 PM
    Clear your caches.
    12-12-08 11:20 PM
    Delete your browser cache. I had the same problem and it went away after I cleared my browser cache.
    12-12-08 11:20 PM
    12-15-08 09:52 PM
    thanks for this, i was having this problem earlier but this fixed it right up.
    12-15-08 10:15 PM
    during backup on the "Custom Words Collection" back up. It says... "Error Backing Up Database."

I have cleared cache/cookies on both my BB storm 9530 and my pc (VISTA)
    I have un-installed and re-installed BB Desktop Manager
    Still nothing works. Every single time I do a backup I get the "Error Backing up Database." when it attempts to backup the "Custom Words Collection".

I have attempted deleting ALL Custom Words and cleared cache/cookies on both pc and device. then backup still fails at exactly the same point during the "Custom Words Collection" and that is when there are no words in that field, nor in the Custom Dictionary.

can anyone help me on this?
    03-15-09 08:08 AM
    You have to clear your browser cache in the desktop manager. Go to backup and then to advanced to clear the browser cache. You'll see the file in the window.

That had me stuck last time I tried to back up..
    03-15-09 04:18 PM
    I have had it happen a number of times, so I just clear the browser cache prior to any backup.

Also if you should have difficulty using sync, then you can try clearing the address book and calendar entries. This has also worked for me on more than one occasion.
    03-15-09 04:31 PM
    I just had the same problem. Going into BlackBerry Desktop Manager --> Backup and Restore --> Advanced, highlighting "Browser Data Cache" under "Device databases" then clicking "Clear" fixed the problem for me.

Does anyone have an idea (or guess) as to what is causing this error (3rd party application, setting, etc.)? During the day I downloaded several apps OTA, including Opera Mini, and did some browsing.
    03-15-09 07:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD