I know this has been done several times, but who is going back to the Curve or other BB? Went through two Storms hours of Customer service still the thing reboots on its own whenever it wants, runs out of battery before daylight and blinds everyone when the flash goes off. I rushed into thats what I get so for now it is going back into the desk drawer til I hear more bugs have been fixed.
    01-05-09 03:34 PM
    I know this has been done several times, but who is going back to the Curve or other BB? Went through two Storms hours of Customer service still the thing reboots on its own whenever it wants, runs out of battery before daylight and blinds everyone when the flash goes off. I rushed into thats what I get so for now it is going back into the desk drawer til I hear more bugs have been fixed.
    I dont know about your reboot problem...but battery life and flash are weak complaints. The battery life on the storm is plenty comparable when you use it right and if you have your settings set up to preserve battery life. Lasts longer than my GF's Iphone from my experience and I use the **** out of my browser throughout the day. The only time the battery goes down quick is when I'm listening to flycast and surfing the CB forums for 2-3 hours straight.

The flash comment should honestly be a good thing...you want a bright flash no? Havent you ever seen the flash on a real camera lol.

All that said..random reboots would be annoying but your other complaints are trivial and maybe you should stick to the curve? Sounds like you want to hate it lol.
    01-05-09 06:35 PM
    Random reboots, loose screen (paper under battery), dirt under screen, etc., no thanks. I will stick with my 8330

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 09:47 PM
    Random reboots, loose screen (paper under battery), dirt under screen, etc., no thanks. I will stick with my 8330

Said the guy who doesn't have one. Sorry, I just couldn't resist. ;-)
    BTW, I don't have any of those issues.
    01-05-09 09:56 PM
    I know this has been done several times, but who is going back to the Curve or other BB?
    Not me .
    01-05-09 09:59 PM
    I know this has been done several times, but who is going back to the Curve or other BB?
    +1. I'm returning my Storm this week. I just purchased a used Curve on eBay and I'll be waiting for a CDMA 8900 to come out before I use my New Every 2. I love the phone, but I didn't get a Blackberry to be less efficient at everyday tasks.
    01-05-09 11:47 PM
    Mine is flawless. I could never go back to another plain jane bb. Keeps getting lots of oohs and ahhs from people. Even the iphone doesn't elicit that kind of reaction anymore!

01-06-09 12:02 AM
    I love the word flawless. So subjective, isn't it? I think my old 95' Thunderbird is flawless as well... with its enormous amount of rust, terrible suspension, and 160,000 miles of wear n' tear.

But you're right, it does get the Oos and Ahhs from unsuspecting non-Storm owners who haven't used one non-stop for over a month.
    Last edited by S3th13; 01-06-09 at 12:47 AM.
    01-06-09 12:19 AM
    I love the word flawless. So subjected, isn't it? I think my old 95' Thunderbird is flawless as well... with its enormous amount of rust, terrible suspension, and 160,000 miles of wear n' tear.

But you're right, it does get the Oos and Ahhs from unsuspecting non-Storm owners who haven't used one non-stop for over a month.
    I've used mine non-stop for roughly a month.

Works just fine for me.

And it's new and exciting. For all of you claiming to be running back to the Curve, I find it hilarious it takes so long for you guys to depart this forum.

Almost seems like you're missing something........
    01-06-09 12:25 AM
    +1. I'm returning my Storm this week. I just purchased a used Curve on eBay and I'll be waiting for a CDMA 8900 to come out before I use my New Every 2. I love the phone, but I didn't get a Blackberry to be less efficient at everyday tasks.
    Rumor has it, VZW is getting a Bold (or Bold like) BB also, which will be 3G. I'm pretty sure the 8900s are not 3G, maybe waiting for the VZW Bold would be best. Better CPU in the Bold line too.
    01-06-09 12:28 AM
    It has worked great for me at first I was a little slow with it, but I have had no major issues. I have become very efficient with almost as effecient as I am with my Curve.
    01-06-09 12:29 AM
    I've used mine non-stop for roughly a month.

Works just fine for me.

And it's new and exciting. For all of you claiming to be running back to the Curve, I find it hilarious it takes so long for you guys to depart this forum.

Almost seems like you're missing something........
    To tell you the truth, this forum is really all I know... I've been addicted to the Storm forum since my membership date and I enjoy discussing the phone with everyone on here. I'm not sure why I would "depart" from that. If you really want to know, I still have my Storm because my Curve won't be here for probably over a week, so I have plenty of time to "officially" participate in these forums.

Rumor has it, VZW is getting a Bold (or Bold like) BB also, which will be 3G. I'm pretty sure the 8900s are not 3G, maybe waiting for the VZW Bold would be best. Better CPU in the Bold line too.
    If I'm not mistaken, I think the CDMA 8900(Jupiter) would have to be atleast 3G due to the nature of CDMA, wouldn't it? Theres no EDGE network for it to run off of like there is for GSM. But I'm really not sure, its only what I've heard.
    01-06-09 12:32 AM
    I love the word flawless. So subjected, isn't it? I think my old 95' Thunderbird is flawless as well... with its enormous amount of rust, terrible suspension, and 160,000 miles of wear n' tear.

Awesome post!
    01-06-09 12:42 AM
    I just went back to the trusty Curve yesterday...I gave the Storm 2 months, almost to the day. I have went through 2 of them and like you HOURS of tech support. My BIGGEST problem was the random hard re-boots 20+ times a day!!
    01-21-09 01:48 PM
    That would be the Niagra. Yes it will be a great device.

*edit: @ S3th you are a funny man*

01-21-09 04:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD