Well, after owning 2 bad S2s, I decided to make the switch to Droid. The Motorola Droid. It was a cool device and all, but I have to say, it certainly isn't what everyone makes it out to be. The only thing I really miss about the Droid was the free navigation. But even that had it's flaws. Many times leading me the wrong way!

So I sold the Droid, and I'm now trying my luck a 3rd time with the BlackBerry Storm 2. I have since loaded the new hybrid .451 on here (Thank you Crackberry) and so far, no issues. So here I am, back again.

Nothing beats a BlackBerry!
    02-16-10 06:38 PM
    Perhaps actually researching before going through a whole bunch of phones is in order? Just saying.
    02-16-10 06:39 PM
    Welcome back!
    02-16-10 06:41 PM
    Perhaps actually researching before going through a whole bunch of phones is in order? Just saying.

Right, I did. That was my method. It's hard to "try" a phone out in the store when its kind of attached to the wall with a security cable. I didn't lose anything by getting a Droid and turning around a selling it either. So there was no loss.
    02-16-10 06:43 PM
    Welcome back. Thanks for remindig us what we are not missing outside BB.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-16-10 07:03 PM
    See, I really want the CDMA Nexus One. As great as Android is (I remember back when Verizon said they weren't going with Android!), I feel like I can't leave the BB World. It's weird. Android is prettier and has more functionality, but I love the OS leaks, the community here, swapping out CODs, etc. etc.
    I have a feeling I'll give the N1 a try, but I'll probably be back too.
    02-16-10 07:10 PM
    See, I really want the CDMA Nexus One. As great as Android is (I remember back when Verizon said they weren't going with Android!), I feel like I can't leave the BB World. It's weird. Android is prettier and has more functionality, but I love the OS leaks, the community here, swapping out CODs, etc. etc.
    I have a feeling I'll give the N1 a try, but I'll probably be back too.

You're really not missing out on a whole lot as far as the N1 goes. It's basically the same thing as the HTC Droid Eris. Aside from the fact that it has 2.1 on it. Look at all the negativity it's gotten thus far. Just go visit the Nexus One forums. The only good things the Droid really has going for it is the larger screen, and the free navigation. Other than that, the physical keyboard just plain SUCKS! Nothing close to a Blackberry as far as physical keyboards go.

We all know that the Blackberry can use a facelift, including, but not limited to the OS. The UI could be a lot prettier. But let's be honest here. Blackberries aren't really known to have that "eye candy" effect.

I do think the Android phones are cool though, don't get me wrong. It's just a little too much phone for me. It's too "busy". I think the Droid will draw the "techies", and "young adult" crowd.
    02-16-10 07:40 PM
    I have done the same thing a few times. I did it with the Palm Pre and HTC Touch Pro 2 most recently. I never sold the BlackBerry because I basically knew that the switch would be temporary. When it comes down to it for me, nothing beats a BB with QuickLaunch + the few apps that satisfy my needs. Anything else is a bonus. I'll take a productive phone over a flashy phone, any day. Getting caught up in specs and apps is not worth it. I don't plan on leaving anytime soon unless its for another BB.

02-17-10 01:35 AM
    Well, after owning 2 bad S2s, I decided to make the switch to Droid. The Motorola Droid. It was a cool device and all, but I have to say, it certainly isn't what everyone makes it out to be. The only thing I really miss about the Droid was the free navigation. But even that had it's flaws. Many times leading me the wrong way!

So I sold the Droid, and I'm now trying my luck a 3rd time with the BlackBerry Storm 2. I have since loaded the new hybrid .451 on here (Thank you Crackberry) and so far, no issues. So here I am, back again.

Nothing beats a BlackBerry!
    I have to ask you, what were you expecting the Droid to do for you? The Droid is everything that people make it out to be....sales don't lie. This what I don't understand. For every BB user that comes back( that has used a Droid) I really believe you had no real intention to stay with the Droid or any other phone for that matter. It took me quite some time to get used to the Storm 1 and 2 coming from a curve. I really had to give it time to adapt and learn a whole new phone. The same goes with the Droids or any other phone.

Navigation is flawless on my Droid and it works just as well as Navigator ever did when I used it on my BB's. The Droid Browser speeds and theathering capabilities are way above what the BB can do. Like I have said many times before, if you like spending an extra 30 bucks a month for texting and instant e-mail....Godspeed to you. For me, the Droid gives me way more bang for my buck.
    02-17-10 10:55 AM
    Welcome back!
    02-17-10 10:59 AM
    welcome back home
    02-17-10 10:59 AM
    I have to ask you, what were you expecting the Droid to do for you? The Droid is everything that people make it out to be....sales don't lie. This what I don't understand. For every BB user that comes back( that has used a Droid) I really believe you had no real intention to stay with the Droid or any other phone for that matter. It took me quite some time to get used to the Storm 1 and 2 coming from a curve. I really had to give it time to adapt and learn a whole new phone. The same goes with the Droids or any other phone.

Navigation is flawless on my Droid and it works just as well as Navigator ever did when I used it on my BB's. The Droid Browser speeds and theathering capabilities are way above what the BB can do. Like I have said many times before, if you like spending an extra 30 bucks a month for texting and instant e-mail....Godspeed to you. For me, the Droid gives me way more bang for my buck.
    Personal Perference....That's why they make BB's and Droids, so you can chose the right one for YOU...
    02-17-10 11:04 AM
    A buddy and I were driving around this weekend and we put his Moto Droid up against my TomTom. It was pretty dead on... until about three blocks from our destination his phone lost GPS signal. It got it back right as I pulled up to the red light to turn left. His Droid told us to turn right, taking us away from where we wanted to go. Odd.

He likes his Droid, says it's like having a miniature computer. The only thing that sucks, he says, is the actual phone part. I can't help but to laugh. :-)
    02-17-10 11:07 AM
    A buddy and I were driving around this weekend and we put his Moto Droid up against my TomTom. It was pretty dead on... until about three blocks from our destination his phone lost GPS signal. It got it back right as I pulled up to the red light to turn left. His Droid told us to turn right, taking us away from where we wanted to go. Odd.

He likes his Droid, says it's like having a miniature computer. The only thing that sucks, he says, is the actual phone part. I can't help but to laugh. :-)

That was another thing. Phone call quality. It was terrible on the Droid, for ME at least. For everyone else, it may be just wonderful and all. And to the person whoever said I had no intention to stay with the Droid to begin, or any phone for that matter. I have to say, yeah I did intend on staying with the Droid. That's usually everyone's intention when buying a phone. To stay with it. I'm not really sure on why you said what you did, but I'll address it nonetheless.

The Navigation on the Droid is good, don't get me wrong, but when it constantly has me holding on for "Searching for GPS signal", that's a problem.

Call Quality on the Droid is absolutely terrible in my experience. Garbled calls, etc. (I have a full signal where ever I go , that is NOT the problem"

The Droid doesn't support multi-touch on (2.0.1) whereas the Storm2 does!

Everyone who has a BlackBerry is familiar with the ever-so-popular "battery pulls". But since the Droid is such a "superior device" as everyone claims it is, why is that they are doing battery pulls to fix problems as well? Granted, not as often as you would a BlackBerry, but they still do it. Just go read Android forums, or Droid Forums.

The slide out keyboard is a joke! What's with the little bitty keys!? Did Motorola think everyone was a midget with baby hands? The keyboards on the Sidekick were better! BlackBerry has the best physical keyboards out. I think everyone here who owns a BB with a physical keyboard will agree to that.
    02-17-10 04:05 PM
    Been there done that...glad you're back.
    02-17-10 04:31 PM
    Welcome back!

02-17-10 05:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD