02-24-10 01:54 PM
36 12
tools
    Does anyone a good .BAC Calculator program. Last night I was at a bar and one of my friends had one of his iphone called last call. The app was really helpful you would input how many drinks you had, what time you had it your weight gender. Then it could calculate your .BAC and tell you when you would reach the peak. Also it told you approximately what time would sober up if you went over .08. I just wanted to know if BlackBerry had any comparible apps to that. The one i saw so far was an app put out from handango it was $12.99 though.
    Last edited by Billy23; 12-30-08 at 10:39 AM.
    12-30-08 10:34 AM
    If you're wondering because you think you're borderline, you should be using your Storm to call a cab.
    12-30-08 10:45 AM
    If you're wondering because you think you're borderline, you should be using your Storm to call a cab.
    I would agree with shaggymatt! it is much cheaper to call a cab then get a DWI...

Just my thought!
    12-30-08 10:47 AM
    Billy23, sorry I have to agree wih the previous two posts, the odds of being able to input that data when you are actually drunk and then being able to comprehend that the application is saying your drunk.... slim to none If you have to question if you've had too much...
    12-30-08 11:01 AM
    I'm not going to put my input on whether I agree with the previous post, but I don't see how that program could be accurate. So I think it would just be a waste...
    12-30-08 11:25 AM
    Billy23, sorry I have to agree wih the previous two posts, the odds of being able to input that data when you are actually drunk and then being able to comprehend that the application is saying your drunk.... slim to none If you have to question if you've had too much...
    0.08 isn't drunk apparently, it's just supposed to impare you, but it's mostly a load of crap since during testing most people aren't actually impared until 0.1 but they can't use that as an excuse for revenue raising as much then.

PS my beef is with politicians lying for supposedly our own good, why is it if companies lie they can be sued, yet politicans can't, or even jailed?

Bring on the revolution I guess, bout time for one.
    Last edited by delta_foxtrot2; 12-30-08 at 11:31 AM.
    12-30-08 11:26 AM
    Oh and I believe the last call app has the ability to find a list of the phone numbers for local DUI lawyers if caught...
    12-30-08 11:27 AM

PS my beef is with politicians lying for supposedly our own good, why is it if companies lie they can be sued, yet politicans can't, or even jailed?
    Politicians can be sued and jailed for lying.

The revolution will not be televised.
    12-30-08 11:49 AM
    0.08 isn't drunk apparently, it's just supposed to impare you, but it's mostly a load of crap since during testing most people aren't actually impared until 0.1 but they can't use that as an excuse for revenue raising as much then.

Bring on the revolution I guess, bout time for one.
    Its too much trouble to approximate legal BAC levels for different weights, gender's, ages. There are many variables that go into how drunk you'll feel at .08 and how long it'll take you to get there.

They just figured they'd aim low to cover all bases.

And to add...politicans are jailed for lying (depending on what they lied about).
    12-30-08 11:52 AM
    And to add...politicans are jailed for lying (depending on what they lied about).
    Usually nothing of real importance, just how much they jerked some other politician/lawyer about

How much time did Nixon spend in jail?
    12-30-08 12:07 PM
    listen, if you're worried about being drunk do the drunk test.

stand next to someone and nudge their forehead and if you nearly fall or throw your head backwards... you're drunk.
    12-30-08 12:11 PM
    on another note...

if you need help getting drunk the Mobile Bartender app just came out with a storm version
    12-30-08 12:12 PM
    if you need help getting drunk the Mobile Bartender app just came out with a storm version
    I was thinking the same thing before I saw your post
    12-30-08 12:33 PM
    12-30-08 12:42 PM
    Something like that has to be way more acurate than a guess-o-meter app like last call.
    12-30-08 01:03 PM
    just buy a breathalizer. they are more fun anyways, and you can't screw them up by mis-inputting something by being say... drunk! (unless you dont wait the recommended 20 minutes before blowing.. but even then, it'll just register a higher number, never lower!)
    12-30-08 01:32 PM
    just buy a breathalizer. they are more fun anyways, and you can't screw them up by mis-inputting something by being say... drunk! (unless you dont wait the recommended 20 minutes before blowing.. but even then, it'll just register a higher number, never lower!)
    Or if someone is stupid enough to spit alcohol into the thing.
    12-30-08 01:39 PM
    Usually nothing of real importance, just how much they jerked some other politician/lawyer about

How much time did Nixon spend in jail?
    None, AT THE TIME (keyword there) there was not enough evidence to link Nixon with any involvement in Watergate (if I remember correctly, the audio tapes that were under subpoena had a lot of sections missing so they did not have enough evidence to charge Nixon with anything).

After the case, the story continued to make headlines and people kept probing him all the while his approval rating began to fall. He eventually did admit that he did know of the Watergate scandal but, at the time, never admitted to any criminal wrongdoings.

He resigned soon after and I guess the Federal DA didn't deem it worth his time to bother convicting a guy who no longer holds public office.

lol but I get your reference, although its not entirely accurate. What about that lovely governor out in IL? Anyway lets not get this topic too off course.
    Last edited by fecurtis; 12-30-08 at 01:51 PM.
    12-30-08 01:49 PM
    When you arrive just take a picture of the ugliest girl at the bar. Reflect back to that pic after every drink. When she starts looking good..It's time to put down the Jack and Coke.
    12-30-08 01:49 PM
    He resigned soon after and I guess the Federal DA didn't deem it worth his time to bother convicting a guy who no longer holds public office.
    I thought he was given a presidential pardon by the next guy?

Although it's amazing how many politicians quit for health or to be with the family and suddenly what ever issue was dogging them and their party disappears.
    12-30-08 01:54 PM
    Does anyone a good .BAC Calculator program. Last night I was at a bar and one of my friends had one of his iphone called last call. The app was really helpful you would input how many drinks you had, what time you had it your weight gender. Then it could calculate your .BAC and tell you when you would reach the peak. Also it told you approximately what time would sober up if you went over .08. I just wanted to know if BlackBerry had any comparible apps to that. The one i saw so far was an app put out from handango it was $12.99 though.
    Here is the thing you need to be careful of about .08. That is the level at which an officer HAS to arrest you. He can still arrest you for a BAC of less than that if he feels you are unsafe (and this happened to a friend of mine who got popped for .06).
    12-30-08 01:57 PM
    When you arrive just take a picture of the ugliest girl at the bar. Reflect back to that pic after every drink. When she starts looking good..It's time to put down the Jack and Coke.
    Now that is funny................lmao
    12-30-08 04:27 PM
    I'm not going to put my input on whether I agree with the previous post, but I don't see how that program could be accurate. So I think it would just be a waste...
    Aww come on GQatHU, it was more tongue-in-cheek than anything else. LOL Can you imagine how many people would actually try to use that program and get it all messed up?

Ogre '94
    12-30-08 04:56 PM
    Ford pardoned Nixon.

Also, as an attorney who does quite a bit of DUI work, I must also say that at the point you're questioning whether you've had to much, you've had to much. Plus you can be arrested for DUI in most states with ANY alcohol in your system, even a .01, if the officer has probable cause to believe you were impaired. Also, lest us not forget about the per se laws... i.e., having more than .02, .04, .06, .08 or whatever your state statutes allow.
    12-30-08 05:50 PM
    Ford pardoned Nixon.
    Thought that was the case...

Also, as an attorney who does quite a bit of DUI work, I must also say that at the point you're questioning whether you've had to much, you've had to much. Plus you can be arrested for DUI in most states with ANY alcohol in your system, even a .01, if the officer has probable cause to believe you were impaired. Also, lest us not forget about the per se laws... i.e., having more than .02, .04, .06, .08 or whatever your state statutes allow.
    I'm glad things are a little less subjective in Australia, you actually have to blow 0.05 (I think the whole country is) except if you hold a restricted ie learner/provisional license then it's 0.00, and even if you go over 0.05 you can request an actual blood test. I suppose they could claim you were impared but I haven't heard of anyone being convicted unless the blood tests or breathalyser said so.
    12-30-08 06:07 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD