So I just heard from a friend that there's a $35 restocking fee even within the 30day trial period? What's up with that? I just returned my curve this past tuesday withing my 30 day trial so I can wait for the storm but they didn't charge me. Why did they start this? Is it because they don't have faith in their phones??
    11-22-08 10:07 AM
    I haven't heard or read anything about that yet. I don't see how that can be done when you're receiving a 30 day trial. You may want to check on that again.
    11-22-08 10:10 AM
    11-22-08 10:13 AM
    read the contract on your reciept...

$ 35 restocking fee if phone is returned later than 3 days from purchase
    11-22-08 10:13 AM
    So I just heard from a friend that there's a $35 restocking fee even within the 30day trial period? What's up with that? I just returned my curve this past tuesday withing my 30 day trial so I can wait for the storm but they didn't charge me. Why did they start this? Is it because they don't have faith in their phones??
    No it is beacuse people get one phone then return it cause a new and improved (so they think) one came out. It was abused so now it is gone!
    11-22-08 10:14 AM
    the 35.00 restocking fee started on the 16th of November. This applies to purchases after that date not purchase returned after that date. We cant charge a restocking fee of 35 dollars if its not printed on the terms and conditions on your reciept. From now on though there will be a 35.00 restocking fee for any exchange of a phone to a different model or color. no ifs ands or buts. Verizon loses way too much money when people deside to do the rental phone deal. We have some people who come back every 2 weeks and exchange there phone for a different type. now you only have 1 exchange within 30 days and there is a 35 dollar restocking fee. If you are within 3 days of purchase and have used less then 30 minutes on your phone then they do not charge the restocking fee.
    11-22-08 10:16 AM
    I returned mine yesterday and it clearly stated on the reciept that there was a $ 35.00 fee if I kept it more than 3 days. The manager who checked me out even highlighted it and that is why I did not keep it longer...
    11-22-08 12:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD