Just got a ton of songs through Rhapsody, and noticed that they all have small amount of choppiness to them. I'm trying a soft reset to see if that does anything, but does anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you fix it??
    12-16-08 03:10 AM
    Did the soft reset work?
    12-16-08 03:28 AM
    Seemed to. I didn't listen to it through headphones this time, but through the speaker everything sounded fine. The headphones I was using were some cheapos so that may have been it, but I'm gonna try out my Ipod headphones and make sure the problem has gone away.
    12-16-08 03:55 AM
    Well f*ck me! My audio player is still doing this crap. It's not choppy per se, but the song plays and you can hear and slight hitch in the playback. It does it through the speaker on the phone and my headphones, so I know my headphone jack isn't......jacked. I popped the battery cover off and made sure the card was seated properly, but it's still doing it. Must be a faulty card but all my pictures stored and can be viewed fine. Maybe the media player is crap?
    Last edited by Jaysus Cutler6; 12-17-08 at 04:02 AM.
    12-17-08 03:50 AM
    i would suggest trying to add some of your own music if you have a cd trying to add the music from there and seeing if it does the same thing and let us know...... or msg me if you want....
    12-17-08 04:31 AM
    Well f*ck me! My audio player is still doing this crap. It's not choppy per se, but the song plays and you can hear and slight hitch in the playback. It does it through the speaker on the phone and my headphones, so I know my headphone jack isn't......jacked. I popped the battery cover off and made sure the card was seated properly, but it's still doing it. Must be a faulty card but all my pictures stored and can be viewed fine. Maybe the media player is crap?
    Two things.
    Please moderate your language in the forums.

Try removing the card from your phone and playing some of the songs thru' you PC. See if that works. Some members have reported better Media Card performance by splitting their music across a number of folders. I do this myself but I do not have a Storm.

What apps do you have running? Shut down all the non essential ones especially those that stream to the phone. The idea is to reduce the processor load to a minimum whilst the Media player gets the maximum it can.

Backup the Card and reformat it in the phone and then put a small amout of your stuff back and try again. Keep doing this in chuncks of files until it is all back. Check the fault periodically. Leave the Media app open until the line at the bottom (if the Storm has one) of the screen has completed and gone.

Try reseating the card to make sure it is making good contact.

Borrowl another card to try in your phone.

Hopefully one or all the above will resolve this.
    12-17-08 04:43 AM
    I've noticed on the Storm where a message alert can make perfectly good audio sound horrible. The only fix is a reboot. this could be what you are experiencing.
    12-17-08 05:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD