I found this in Crackberry store today as new application posted. It's a free download so price is right (espeically based on other similarly advertised apps.

AutoWifi by Krisware

Based on the description it will turn Wifi on/off based on location. I used the Crackberry tech support form to drop the developer a question on the app, it was bounced by as invalid email (gmail address).

Curious if anyone had used any previous version or had experience with this. Somewhat concerning that the email bounced to the developer, just trying to see if this is legit and worthwhile app or not.
    04-30-10 10:22 AM
    never used that one but smartwifi works perfectly!
    04-30-10 03:46 PM
    Yeah, I use WiFi Hero, works well.
    04-30-10 03:53 PM
    I'm pretty sure it's legit if its on Crackberry Store. They wouldn't post it if it wasn't. But that's not to say how good it is, only that it does what it claims.
    04-30-10 05:20 PM
    CB Appstore has stuff that 'boosts your memory' 'makes your battery last longer' 'adds 6 inches in a week!' though too, so I would either find someone who's used it or take the plunge and see.
    04-30-10 06:23 PM
    I mean if its free I don't really get what the "plunge" is. I guess ill download it and test it out since I haven't purchased any of the other wifi managing apps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-30-10 10:36 PM
    Oh, I totally missed the part where he said it's free.

Then yeah, try it! WiFi Hero is like 2 or 3 bucks, and SmartWiFi costs a couple bucks I think too, so definitely give this AutoWiFi thing a shot.
    04-30-10 11:01 PM
    Haha no worries I was just thinking I was missing a subscription fee or something

04-30-10 11:31 PM
    Its lame. Idk if it has compatibility issues or what but I don't deal with apps that don't allow you to hide the keyboard. I had it installed all of 15 seconds.

04-30-10 11:47 PM
    Sounds like you had compatibility mode on..
    05-01-10 12:15 AM
    Its lame. Idk if it has compatibility issues or what but I don't deal with apps that don't allow you to hide the keyboard. I had it installed all of 15 seconds.

Before knocking software because of a user error, turn compatibility mode off and it works.
    05-01-10 12:48 AM
    I found a great new program called "Turn it off when you're not using it." It's great because it works for WiFi, bluetooth, data while roaming, household appliances, and any battery operated devices. It's free!
    05-01-10 11:47 AM

idk bt ibet if u new wtf u wr doin ud trn off cmptbl mode.

lzyspk 4eva
    05-01-10 11:49 AM
    idk bt ibet if u new wtf u wr doin ud trn off cmptbl mode.

lzyspk 4eva
    For the third person to point out my error, you sure did do it extremely inefficiently.

05-01-10 11:58 AM
    For the third person to point out my error, you sure did do it extremely inefficiently.

Still, it was more efficient than an install/uninstall/complain/learn/reinstall combo.
    Last edited by neocaster; 05-01-10 at 12:58 PM.
    05-01-10 12:11 PM
    Still, it was more efficient than that an install/uninstall/complain/learn/reinstall combo.
    Ouch...my pride...

05-01-10 12:13 PM
    Why don't you give our app a try? WiFi Hero has a free trial so you can give it a try and see if you like it....

AND... it's on sale through Mother's Day 20% off!
    05-01-10 12:28 PM
    rorycs, do you work for Twinkler? If so, I actually have a few questions; I tested for the (basically) CDMA version, and I don't think I have it set up correctly. I actually bought a copy so I could get a registration code as well. Let me know how to best contact you guys.
    Last edited by GlitchZero; 05-01-10 at 12:47 PM.
    05-01-10 12:37 PM
    I installed it, set the User Data permissions to blocked and the application was constantly trying to access those files. For me, just didn't feel comfortable with an application that required permissions for User Data to be set to allow, especially given this shouldn't need access to those and that the email provided to Mobihand by the developer had bounced. Uninstalled it right away before I could figure out if it really worked or not....
    05-01-10 04:23 PM
    rorycs, do you work for Twinkler? If so, I actually have a few questions; I tested for the (basically) CDMA version, and I don't think I have it set up correctly. I actually bought a copy so I could get a registration code as well. Let me know how to best contact you guys.
    Yes I do... you can just PM me here or send an email to [email protected]
    05-01-10 05:29 PM
    does anyone know if it is a reliable app tho
    05-01-10 11:36 PM
    I need to know if this app is compatible with bedside mode and soft power off.
    Smartwifi is good, but it keeps wifi on even in bedside mode or soft power off, so if autowifi can disable wifi in bedside mode or soft power off, I could witch from smartwifi to this.
    Please help!
    05-04-10 06:43 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD