I use AutoLock and just upgraded to .85 from .75 and noticed something strange. It seems like the phone's manual lock function changed in that when you lock it, after the screen dims, the screen is completely disabled. Clicking on the screen does nothing, which is a great feature because you don't have to worry about the screen lighting up and draining your battery.

AutoLock, however, does not do that. If you let it lock your phone for you, clicking on the screen will turn the screen back on and display the "Screen is locked" notification. The notification is also different (AutoLock's looks like the original with the lock icon where the manual lock notification has no lock icon).

Doesn't AutoLock use the phone's lock functionality, or does it use it's own? Is that something that may get updated? Has anyone else noticed this?
    01-04-09 03:28 PM
    If you use Auto or manual lock and you get an incoming call, do you have to unlock to answer the call?
    01-04-09 03:37 PM
    If you use Auto or manual lock and you get an incoming call, do you have to unlock to answer the call?
    No, it unlocks for you.

I really like AutoLock and hope they fix it to disable the screen.
    01-04-09 03:47 PM
    Yeah, for .85 i think its supposed to disable everything except for the lock button, that is the reason why my battery life is so ****ty, because it keeps getting pressed in my pocket. Thats why in .85 battery life is SOO much better .75 sucks completely.
    01-04-09 03:50 PM
    I noticed this also

http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/au...k-85-a-125064/

I have removed autolock until this is fixed.

Ken
    01-04-09 04:39 PM
    I did the same, it seemed to hang alot with locking the phone. The phone seemed slow to unlock or just would not respond. I have removed it and just manually lock phone. I think that is best for the time being.
    01-04-09 05:29 PM
    one problem i have always had with Autolock is that it would still lock the phone while it was charging. doesn't matter which OS i was using let it be .75,.83, or.86.

anyone else have that problem?
    01-07-09 07:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD