Is there any way to make the screen auto lock after a certain amount of time (15 sec, 30 sec, etc.) so when you put it in your pocket, it will be locked and you won't accidentally be pressing any buttons? The Iphone, Dare and Voyager all lock their screens like this and you have to press a certain spot to unlock?
    11-23-08 06:36 PM
    if you find out how to do this, please post, i'm wondering as well.
    11-23-08 06:49 PM
    I'm also looking for this. Tried searching the user manual, no luck. I remember someone posting that they set it to auto-lock on holstering. I'd love that.
    11-23-08 06:51 PM
    There has to be an option for this. It's a touch screen and anything that touches it is going to press a key. A friend of mine called me like 3 times just by having the phone in his pocket. Don't tell me that RIM forget something as simple and necessary as this???
    11-23-08 07:05 PM
    does RIM have a suggestion box? lol
    11-23-08 07:09 PM
    Well, you do have the "lock" softkey that is built into the top of the bezel to the left and above of where it says "blackberry" but I still manage to unlock it.
    11-23-08 07:26 PM
    Yeah...it really isn't that hard to run your finger over the top left end of the device...
    11-23-08 07:31 PM
    11-23-08 07:38 PM
    Only way I have found is to set a password in security settings.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 07:45 PM
    Search google for autolock. It's a BB app that does exactly what you're describing. I wouldn't go without it.

Edit : see TBryant82's link for the autolock OTA download.

Last edited by jackattacck; 11-23-08 at 08:59 PM.
    11-23-08 08:56 PM
    Search google for autolock. It's a BB app that does exactly what you're describing. I wouldn't go without it.

Edit : see TBryant82's link for the autolock OTA download.

AutoLock - Free software downloads and reviews - CNET Download.com

I'm about to do it, but I need to ask if anyone knows how to quickly unlock it?
    11-23-08 09:14 PM
    Can you download this directly to the Storm? Anyone try it on the Storm yet?
    11-23-08 09:35 PM
    Perfect app! Although this feature should really be available right out of the box.

11-23-08 09:36 PM
    Can you download this directly to the Storm? Anyone try it on the Storm yet?
    It works! Locks right after the backlight shuts off.

11-23-08 09:37 PM
    Yeah, but how quickly can you UNLOCK it??
    11-23-08 09:39 PM
    The unlock button on the top left of your storm unlocks it. I have it on my storm working perfectly.

11-23-08 09:40 PM
    This app is awesome. I really thought I was missing the setting somewhere on the storm. I didn't think RIM would have left something like this out.
    11-23-08 09:53 PM
    I have noticed that even a *locked* phone auto-unlocks when an incoming call arrives. At least when there isn't a password.

So, even if the phone is locked an in your pocket, it will unlock itself when it rings, and might answer the call due to pressure in your pocket.

Not quite as bad as making random calls, but still not desirable.
    11-23-08 10:04 PM
    I must be missing something. My phone locks. I went to options > security and set the time for it to lock and the time for the back light to turn off. why do you need another app for this?
    11-23-08 10:06 PM
    touchscreen wont get activated without heat from fingers, and plus you have to press the screen in...

why are so many people having trouble with the lock?
    11-23-08 10:08 PM
    I must be missing something. My phone locks. I went to options > security and set the time for it to lock and the time for the back light to turn off. why do you need another app for this?
    i def don't have that option at all?

anyone else have it?
    11-23-08 10:18 PM
    i don't see those options under security?
    11-23-08 10:24 PM
    touchscreen wont get activated without heat from fingers, and plus you have to press the screen in...

why are so many people having trouble with the lock?
    the point is we want to be able to put the phone into standby mode so when it is in our pockets, every time the screen is pressed it will not light up and wear the battery down faster.

yes...lock prevents you from making calls...opening apps, etc. but we don't want our phone's screen on all day in our pockets.
    11-23-08 10:27 PM
    If you disable password and hold the lock button it puts it in
    Standby to unlock you do it again

11-23-08 10:31 PM
    If you disable password and hold the lock button it puts it in
    Standby to unlock you do it again

nope....that just locks the phone. screen presses still wake up the phone. in true standby mode...a screen press would not wake the screen.
    11-23-08 10:37 PM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD