Is there an auto redial option that I am missing?
    03-16-09 08:26 AM
    auto redial? as in, you bring up the phone, and hit the send button, itll give you the last number that called you or that you called? if thats auto redial then yes. if not, sorry for wasting your time...
    03-16-09 08:28 AM
    The phone I had before this would keep redialing until the call went through then ring the phone to let you know that it connected. I didn't know if that was available for the storm or not.
    03-16-09 08:32 AM
    The phone I had before this would keep redialing until the call went through then ring the phone to let you know that it connected. I didn't know if that was available for the storm or not.
    Yes, I know what you mean...

I was wondering the same thing, since I used to have this feature on my Motorola Star Tac...about 12 years ago...

Could be a provider feature perhaps, I don't recall.
    03-16-09 09:31 AM
    Such feature is not going to work in these days and age when everyone has voice mail, both mobile phones and land lines. If someone won't answer or couldn't answer your call, it will go to the voice mail, and as far as the carrier's concern, it is CONNECTED.

The only destination phone number that you need auto-redial service is fax number. But will you be faxing through your BB?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by substring; 03-16-09 at 09:43 AM.
    03-16-09 09:41 AM
    Such feature is not going to work in these days and age when everyone has voice mail, both mobile phones and land lines. If someone won't answer or couldn't answer your call, it will go to the voice mail, and as far as the carrier's concern, it is CONNECTED.

Most of the time, but I do miss that feature nonetheless.

I call my favorite Chinese take out at least twice a week, and a lot of times they are busy taking orders so I get a busy signal. Having auto redial would come very handy in these situations, instead of me having to re-dial about 15-20 times to get through.

On Edit: I am talking strictly about busy signals, not Voice Mails, etc.
    Last edited by Neurobit; 03-16-09 at 09:49 AM.
    03-16-09 09:46 AM

The only destination phone number that you need auto-redial service is fax number. But will you be faxing through your BB?

I used this feature when the line was busy. I have to call warehouses to place orders all day and 9 out of 10 times the line is busy.
    03-16-09 11:46 AM
    I used this feature when the line was busy. I have to call warehouses to place orders all day and 9 out of 10 times the line is busy.
    Well, I never thought people will do such business transactions over a cell phone and not using a land line to place orders. But apparently, I am wrong about that. =)

03-16-09 12:13 PM
    Well, I never thought people will do such business transactions over a cell phone and not using a land line to place orders. But apparently, I am wrong about that. =)

I just had to carry way too much phone cord with me when I use my landline.

I'm in a truck all day.
    03-16-09 01:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD