I have .85 loaded on my Storm.

I read an article (I believe here on crackberry) about using the Auto On/Off to turn the phone off at night to save on battery life. I had the phone set to turn off at 11:00 pm and turn back on at 7:00 am.

Everything was working fine until I noticed a couple times the phone had turned itself on but all network connections were OFF. I only noticed this because I've had the phone for a month and have yet to get a 3G connection, just 1XEV so I'm constantly checking the connection.

Has anyone else had these issues?
    01-08-09 08:23 AM
    They haven't fixed it in .85? Only on .65 has it ever worked for me, and its been more than 1 phone, others report the issue works sometimes and then sometimes not. It never works for me. I stopped using it. VZ says its a known bug.... edit. 1X EV is the 3g on the network
    Last edited by zookeper3; 01-08-09 at 08:27 AM. Reason: 3g
    01-08-09 08:26 AM
    I was going to say I don't think this feature has ever worked right, but maybe it did in .65. I updated to .75 almost immediately upon giving my phone a quick test spin and charging it. In any case, this feature has been broken for a long time. Seems to be about 50/50 whether or not it will turn your antenna back on or not. It can also trigger the Verizon Screen of Death when it turns your phone back on, so be warned.
    01-08-09 10:57 AM
    1XEV is VZW's version of 3g. they just chose to call it what it was instead of putting a hokie 3g on your phone. 3g=3rd generation and 1XEV actually is more like 3.5g
    01-08-09 11:17 AM
    Have had the same problem.....turns on in the morning with connections off. Really getting frustrating dealing with all the glitches reminds me of my Palm Treo 700p days lots of glitches and I've been fairly defensive regarding Blackberry loved my Curve, 8830WE and still like the Storm just hoping a resolution is coming.
    01-08-09 12:45 PM
    Ok glad its not just me. Well NOT glad but ya know....
    01-08-09 12:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD