If your lazy like me, wiping the log everyday is a Beech. Heres a quick n dirty auto clear app. Itll wipe ur event log every hour and it should work on any blackberry(tested on Storm).

type this in ur bbBrowser:

http://phrehnck.com/stuff/logMaid.asp
    01-15-09 11:51 AM
    Sweet! Thanks. I just installed this app but when I click it, nothing happens. Is it supposed to do anything visually or just clears the event log every hour?
    01-15-09 11:59 AM
    Sweet! Thanks. I just installed this app but when I click it, nothing happens. Is it supposed to do anything visually or just clears the event log every hour?
    Well to check do this: Clean/check your event log from time to time.
    just bring up keyboard in landscape mode on your home screen and type "/"/ this will bring up your event log. Press the BB button to Clear it.
    01-15-09 12:14 PM
    I just loaded and tried it and I even checked the log before and after and like you mhp5 nothing happened.

I deleted it.
    01-15-09 12:23 PM
    you dont need to launch it, it runs when your phone starts up and runs in the background. it clears every hour so yes youll start to see events piling up again after the wipe until the next one.

it doesnt stop your phone from logging, it just clears it every hour.

i guess ill hide the app icon and "clear" the confusion. a dialog notifying a wipe would be annoying so i wont add that for now.
    Last edited by phrehnck; 01-15-09 at 02:36 PM.
    01-15-09 01:01 PM
    Okay. That makes sense. It works. I checked the time of my last event, which was 1:43pm. Then I checked back an hour later and this time the time of the last event was 2:55pm.
    01-15-09 02:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD