I love my storm and my vzw service. All except vzw decides to just send crap to my phone I don't want. Is there any way to get rid of theses auto downloaded crap? Also I have deleted a ton of stuff from my phone and I cant seam to get my available memory to increase any at one time I had 20mgb available not I'm lucky with 14mgb
    05-08-10 10:29 PM
    Those carrier pushed icons are launchers, not actual apps, so they will not use up memory if you do not actually click on them and download them. They are sent via service books, so you cannot delete them. Every time you reboot your device, they will come back again.

The best way to deal with them is to create a new folder and call it "junk" and move all the carrier pushed launchers to the junk folder. Then hide the junk folder.

For your memory issues, try the steps in this thread.
    05-08-10 10:33 PM
    i just found out about clearing the app world cashe and that was a huge difference
    05-08-10 10:47 PM
    i just found out about clearing the app world cashe and that was a huge difference
    I don't even use App World or have it installed. If there is an app that I cannot get from the CrackBerry App Store, and I have to use App World, I'll install App World, download my app, and then delete App World. App World is a huge memory leak in and of itself.
    05-08-10 10:49 PM
    If you have not already done so, also clean up your old email and text messages and clean your browser cache
    05-08-10 11:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD