Could anyone describe what this feature does? From what I can tell it is a random dimmer, it seems to change regardless of what I am doing or the intensity of the ambient light.

What exactly is this feature supposed to do?
    01-04-09 07:49 PM
    I was wondering the same thing, my screen randomly dims, for no reason. Is there a way to turn this annoying 'feature' off?
    01-04-09 08:26 PM
    options....screen keyboard....6th thing from top Auto dim Backlight on/off
    01-04-09 08:28 PM
    options....screen keyboard....6th thing from top Auto dim Backlight on/off
    Don't come back when you can't dim your screen when your trying to sleep !!!
    01-04-09 08:30 PM
    Don't come back when you can't dim your screen when your trying to sleep !!!
    it still goes into timeout atthe time you choose, all the "auto dim" feature does is keeps it from doing the whole light/dim thing when your using it
    01-04-09 08:37 PM
    It senses light through the sensor located with the alert led. If it senses more light, say you point the sensor directly at a light bulb, then it makes the screen brighter to compensate for the light increase. You will notice it the most in bright sun light. If it seems to do it randomly, pay attention to what bulbs are behind you when it does it. I bet it's just sensing more light.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-04-09 09:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD