I just got a replacement phone yesterday and I guess i never payed attention until now abouw what this dim light does....

I have my screen light set to 100, and the auto dim "off" when i walk into a room thats bright, the phone kicks it up a notch and gets one step brighter!?? but when i walk into a darker room, it gets one step lower.?

are all storms like this? I guess I never payed attention to it, even though I have it set for no auto dimming, it still does it though in very bright rooms?
    02-26-09 06:45 PM
    Has anyone had the same problem with the scren getting brighter in very bright rooms even though the auto dim option is turned off?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-26-09 07:35 PM
    It gets brighter because when you go outside in the sun, it's the only way your going to see the screen. In a darker room there is no need for it to be nearly as bright.

However when I disable auto dim, it's good at listening to me and staying at the set brightness.
    02-26-09 08:05 PM
    It gets brighter because when you go outside in the sun, it's the only way your going to see the screen. In a darker room there is no need for it to be nearly as bright.

However when I disable auto dim, it's good at listening to me and staying at the set brightness.
    I understand thats what it should do when the auto dim is ON, but I have it off, and the screen still gets VERY bright in the sun. I'd like to get that screen to stay that bright, but it won't. I have my screen set at 100, but I know it gets brighter then that becuase it gets very bright in the sun yet even though auto dim is off.... its weird... never noticed this before
    02-26-09 08:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD