its kind of weired that your phone will delete my SMS msg's , which i have the option set on ( Leave for ever ), i had my palm treo 700wx never delete one msg and never complain about having so much msg;s on the phone which was around 5k msg's and im talking about ( TXT msg's ) ....

have anyone had this! is it a bug ! or what can we do to save the txt msg's as long as we want ?

Please share

Thank you
    Last edited by hraie; 01-05-09 at 12:41 PM. Reason: need help
    01-05-09 11:29 AM
    It could be. Ur phone needed to free up memory

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 11:35 AM
    when your blackberry goes below a certain amount of free memory it will start to delete call logs, text messages, and emails to free up space
    01-05-09 11:46 AM
    when your blackberry goes below a certain amount of free memory it will start to delete call logs, text messages, and emails to free up space
    Which Memory we are talking about? because it dosnt seems like i have no space

Kind of lost here

App Memory free Space 33.MB
    Device Memory Total Space : 879.2MB
    Free Space : 872.2MB

Media Card
    Total 7.3GB
    Free 7.1GB
    01-05-09 11:56 AM
    What are your setting 15 days, 30 days, 2 moths...etc or forever????

Go to Messages options and scroll to the bottom
    01-05-09 12:40 PM
    What are your setting 15 days, 30 days, 2 moths...etc or forever????

Go to Messages options and scroll to the bottom

please read it before you post. i thought this forum for people who reads
    01-05-09 12:44 PM
    please read it before you post. i thought this forum for people who reads
    I READS fine I didn't see for ever although it is FOREVER ONE WORD........

Learn how to spell before say squat about reading.....
    01-05-09 12:47 PM
    I READS fine I didn't see for ever although it is FOREVER ONE WORD........

Learn how to spell before say squat about reading.....
    Master just posting and replying as you going to do now ,,,,, still it was between ( ) your eyes should catch it

come on man just if you have an answer that will be really appreciated ... Thank you
    01-05-09 12:54 PM
    its kind of weired that your phone will delete my SMS msg's , which i have the option set on ( Leave for ever ), i had my palm treo 700wx never delete one msg and never complain about having so much msg;s on the phone which was around 5k msg's and im talking about ( TXT msg's ) ....

have anyone had this! is it a bug ! or what can we do to save the txt msg's as long as we want ?

Please share

Thank you
    Go to options SMS text This is where you set the Number of items to keep and the max is 50. The other options are for email.

Actually maybe not, now I'm confused
    01-05-09 01:36 PM
    The only time I've seen the calendar, emails, SMS/MMS, call logs get deleted automatically is when the BlackBerry was getting low on free memory. You may have a program installed that has a major memory leak and ate up the free memory, when you reboot it resets and is higher. MySpace was a memory hog on my BB so removed it. There are others that users here have posted about having "memory leaks"
    01-05-09 01:49 PM

Please share

Thank you
    Hey
    I've had my Storm for a while now, I haven't had any problems with SMS messages. I currently stand at almost 2,683 messages and the phone hasn't deleted a thing...and to boot I don't have anywhere near as much memory left as you. This isn't meant to rub it in; but it sounds like a fault mate and may be worth getting a fix/change from your Carrier before you loose something you don't want to. I know a few people with Storms now, none of whom have this problem so it doesn't seem right if you're set to 'Forever'
    01-05-09 01:53 PM
    Hey
    I've had my Storm for a while now, I haven't had any problems with SMS messages. I currently stand at almost 2,683 messages and the phone hasn't deleted a thing...and to boot I don't have anywhere near as much memory left as you. This isn't meant to rub it in; but it sounds like a fault mate and may be worth getting a fix/change from your Carrier before you loose something you don't want to. I know a few people with Storms now, none of whom have this problem so it doesn't seem right if you're set to 'Forever'

i believe you are right, but i dont know how to fix. yes i asked my friend. he still have his sms msg's and i just find out also it delete my call logs as well.

i still have alot of memory , but i cant figure where is the leak.
    Last edited by hraie; 01-06-09 at 08:09 AM. Reason: add the smily face
    01-06-09 08:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD