I have been trying for several hours to get my Storm to be able to "drag and drop" tracks from Rhapsody onto the Storm but everytime I do it I get the money sign and it tells me I have to purchase the song because the Storm hasn't been authorized.

Everytime I right-click on "Sources" I do not get the option to authorize my Storm. I have tried disabling/enabling Mass Storage Mode Support and neither way works, I also have Media Transfer Protocol (MTP) on as well.

Any help here?
    02-01-09 04:21 PM
    this is happening because you enabled the mass storage mode on the blackberry so its just looking at the memory card as a usb flash drive.

turn the mass storage mode off and it'll work fine..
    02-01-09 06:04 PM
    I turned off mass storage and tried it and I still cannot authorize it. Now my Storm won't even show up on the left under "Sources" as a device at all. Did a battery pull and still cannot authorize it, nor will it appear under Sources.

I'm sure its my fault I just cant figure out what I'm doing wrong....... Is it because I have a leaked OS? I'm running .90 right now until I install .99 probably tomorrow....
    Last edited by BlackBerryStormTrooper; 02-01-09 at 11:54 PM. Reason: not enough info
    02-01-09 11:43 PM
    I turned off mass storage and tried it and I still cannot authorize it. Now my Storm won't even show up on the left under "Sources" as a device at all. Did a battery pull and still cannot authorize it, nor will it appear under Sources.

I'm sure its my fault I just cant figure out what I'm doing wrong....... Is it because I have a leaked OS? I'm running .90 right now until I install .99 probably tomorrow....
    my 9530 worked fine with 0.90. You need to be in MTP mode NOT mass storage for rhapsody-togo to work.

if it still is not working you will need to delete the hidden DRM folder in your device memory. to do this you will need to enable MASS STORAGE mode. connect your 9530 to your computer and use the windows explorer to navigate to the hidden DRM folder and delete it. Then disconnect your 9530 reconnect in MTP mode and try again with rhapsody.
    02-02-09 06:13 AM
    deezmfnutz - I'm having issues resynching - actually - I haven't been able to. Have you been down that road yet? If so, can you give a step-by-step?

Also - what's the difference between MTP and mass storage?

I love it when it works - but this is getting REALLY frustrating

BTW - I'm using 0.99.
    02-02-09 06:20 AM
    I deleted the hidden RDM folder, plugged it in with Mass Storage OFF and MTP ON. When I open up My Computer, under "Other" I see an MTP Device. And my PC desktop shows a little icon in bottom right tool list, but Rhapsody still won't recognize my Storm.

Any ideas?
    02-02-09 02:58 PM
    Aha! I figured it out. Thank you guys for all your help.

I've been trying to figure this out for days... I had to open the device manager on my PC, then go to the MTP device, right-click and select Update Drivers, then do the automatic option and boom Rhapsody is recognizing it.
    02-02-09 03:08 PM
    OK - after I open Device Manager - how do I get to the MTP device?
    02-02-09 06:20 PM
    When you get to Device Manager (Start>Highlight "My Computer">Right-Click>Manage>System Tools>Device Manager), it should be located under Portable Devices or just under MTP Devices. Right-Click on the MTP Device and click "Update Drivers." That should do the trick! It worked for me anyway...
    02-03-09 12:48 AM
    deezmfnutz - I'm having issues resynching - actually - I haven't been able to. Have you been down that road yet? If so, can you give a step-by-step?

Also - what's the difference between MTP and mass storage?

I love it when it works - but this is getting REALLY frustrating

BTW - I'm using 0.99.
    yes lots of people with re-syncing issues. i have finally gotten re-syncing to work as well. here's how it worked for me.

so every 30 days you have to re-new your DRM licenses for rhapsody-togo music to continue playing. this has been a major problem for myself and other users as posted in other forums. connect storm in MTP mode, and open rhapsody PC client. let rhapsody automatically scan and update device memory/media card. once that process is done right click on "my library" in the rhapsody app, and select "update licenses". once that is done, right click on device memory and select license. then right click on memory card and select license. this whole process should only take a few minutes. finally press the disconnect buttom. unplug storm from PC and now play your music. should work.

i have only done this once (as you only need to do this once every 30 days). fyi - i was running firmware 0.90 at the time. the last time i had this problem last month i just erased everything and reloaded but at the time i was all FUBAR because i was switching to my replacement 9530 FRU. if the above process doesn't work at first try again. the rhapsody client is a buggy little app that is very particular.
    Last edited by deezmfnutz; 02-03-09 at 05:37 AM.
    02-03-09 05:35 AM
    It didn't work for me - I'll try it again when I get home tonight. Interestingly enough - if I try to disconnect, it says that it's still working, even though there is nothing on the bottom of Rhapsody.

Also - started getting a DRM issue - and now - we have a thread here, and at Hofo. LOL
    02-03-09 11:47 AM
    update - now everything says "Cannot play media while phone is active"

edit: Did a battery pull - back to "normal". Non subscription tracks play fine - subscription tracks do nothing.
    Last edited by Philly-Sports; 02-03-09 at 08:51 PM.
    02-03-09 08:26 PM
    Thanks!!!! Got it to work using this method. Took weeks but this post did it.
    11-15-09 09:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD