Hello All,

I am on 03 and all of a sudden I cant make or receive phone calls or play MP3's through my speaker. I can only use my phone if i have the wired stereo head phones plugged in. Anyone else have this problem? Is their a fix? Should I return my phone?

-KG
    02-18-09 12:20 PM
    There was a problem that existed on some storms that involved the wired headset port. What was happening was that the device was still thinking a headset was connected even when unplugged. The solution was to play a song and stick a toothpick or something small into the port. Then you want to slightly jiggle it until you trip the pin and your sounds should return.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-18-09 09:23 PM
    why not just stick a headphone connector in and out of there a couple of times? Surely a much safer bet than taking a chance of breaking off a toothpick, and it possibly getting stuck? Or even something less breakable like a sewing needle?
    02-18-09 10:47 PM
    I had the same problem today. I found a post that recommended using a q tip to clean out the port...removed about half the cotton and carefully cleaned it out and shazam, no more problems!

Trav
    02-19-09 12:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD