Im using .113 right now, and this bug has been around forever.

When you are using audio boost, and you receive any kind of alert, the volume goes down and wont go back up until a battery pull. Can someone please confirm if this bug is fixed in the latest release? Or anything after .113 for that matter? Thank you.
    04-25-09 07:49 PM
    I cannot confirm its fixed. I cannot even get audio boost to work. I can set it, but nothing is boosted. Ive had trouble with this buggy feature from day 1.
    04-25-09 07:52 PM
    Turn all your alerts off, reset your phone and it will work. That's the only way and its obviously ridiculous.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-25-09 09:09 PM
    yeah i had the same problem since day 1 and still do...its really annoying and bugs me hope a fix will be released soon.
    04-25-09 09:30 PM
    Yes

This bug os fixed in .132

I tried it out the other night. An issue I did have however was that the warning abot damaging your hearing always came back.

What o mean is that even wjen I checked the box saying not to warn me again, if o turned off audio boost and then back on again ot would still warn me.

04-25-09 10:50 PM
    Double post

Double post
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 04-25-09 at 10:54 PM.
    04-25-09 10:51 PM
    Its not fixed for me. I put in headphones earlier today and the volume was super low and it sounded horrible. Had to do a batt pull as usual.
    04-25-09 10:51 PM
    i confirm it's not fixed either, sounds great until you get any kind of message alert, then the vol is reduced until you reboot.

it's odd how a phone designed to get you your emaill messes up the media player everytime you get said message.....
    04-26-09 09:14 AM
    Has anyone tried any 3rd party media players that have better (louder) sound?
    04-26-09 09:22 AM
    Has anyone tried any 3rd party media players that have better (louder) sound?
    i haven't ,but i'm not sure that would work. the default media player is loud, UNTIL, you get a message alert. I'm not sure the message alert wouldn't mute a 3rd party media player as well.

If you find one that works , please let us know.
    04-26-09 09:34 AM
    Does this bug exist with .75? If not, is there any way to make a hybrid?
    04-26-09 01:44 PM
    Does this bug exist with .75? If not, is there any way to make a hybrid?
    I cant say for sure, I was only on .75 for about a week. But I think it existed in .75.

Ive been hoping for a fix since I got the Storm. Its funny how everyone complains about things like 'color banding' or memory leaks, but never mention bugs like this.

I havent had any luck finding another mp3 player app for the Storm but Ill keep looking. If anyone has tried another app, let us know how it works, and if the volume is louder, even after a call or other alert.

Thanks.
    04-26-09 02:10 PM
    okay so have 132. and the bug is fixed but.....since i updated my speaker and headset is like too loud that its crackling? anyone else?
    04-26-09 03:15 PM
    okay so have 132. and the bug is fixed but.....since i updated my speaker and headset is like too loud that its crackling? anyone else?
    All I know is that I am on .132 and the bug still exists for me. lovintheclub has stated the bug has been fixed in .132, can anyone else confirm this?
    Last edited by wmscottmc; 04-26-09 at 05:21 PM.
    04-26-09 05:14 PM
    This bug has existed since .65, and to be honest I'm surprised it doesn't get more attention. IMO it far worse then the color banding people are obsessed with.

If you want to know if you have it:
    1. Reboot your phone
    2. Start listening to music full volume, audio boost on..note the volume
    3. Send your storm a text or email with another phone or computer.
    4. After you get the message alert, your storm WILL NOT resume the volume you had prior to the message. This will continue until you reboot.

04-26-09 06:54 PM
    Works fine for me on.132

I used be annoyed as all **** with this bug on .75

Side note- the delta in volume level between boost and no boost does seem to be much less than when I did have this bug.
    It seems louder with no boost at max volume would be my best guess.
    Whatever the case , there is still a difference and my volume level is good and not freking out when I get an alert anymore so I am happy.
    Last edited by blaisedinsd; 04-26-09 at 07:38 PM.
    04-26-09 07:27 PM
    Just did a fresh install of .132, didnt even import my settings and I tried audio boost, and the bug is still there for me.
    04-26-09 08:28 PM
    Just did a fresh install of .132, didnt even import my settings and I tried audio boost, and the bug is still there for me.
    Im reading from some users that the audio boost is working for them, on .132. Im skeptical, but hope they are right. My guess is that they just havent tested it yet, and as soon as they get an alert the audio boost will be gone.

For those of you that claim that this has been fixed, please test it (audio boost on, recv an email or text while listening, then restart the audio player and compare the volume with audio boost on, and off. Please let us know if you can REALLY hear a noticable difference between audio boost on and off.

Please let us know if it is really working for you, on .132

Thanks!
    04-26-09 08:58 PM
    Yes there is a noticable difference in audio level for me and I used to hate this bug.

I no longer have the issue. Listening to music through the media player, get an alert: my music pauses the alert sounds, then the music resumes at the same audio level even when maxed out.
    I turn audio boost off manually and I can hear the volume level drop. This drop does not happen frim getting an alert.

I tested this several times on different days.

As a note I have the vibration turned off, wonder if that makes a difference.

04-26-09 09:19 PM
    I have noticed it works in .132 but the level it gets boosted is not a whole lot. If I had to guess I would say a 10% to MAYBE 15% increase.

04-26-09 09:36 PM
    I have noticed it works in .132 but the level it gets boosted is not a whole lot. If I had to guess I would say a 10% to MAYBE 15% increase.

Im not sure I agree with that. When mine is working it is much louder, too loud to play at full volume. Id say the audio boost is as much as its always been. You may just be listening to the non boosted audio, and assuming that it is working. On my phone if it is working, it is obvious, way more than 10%.

Try rebooting your Storm, I think you'll hear a big difference when the audio boost is working. The problem/bug is that it only works for a while.
    04-26-09 10:44 PM
    So, I did a full security wipe from the security options menu and told it to erase all my third party apps.
    Now the bug is back.

The delta still seems less between boost and not but the alert during listening crapped out the boost for sure. Also I can't get it back without a pull.

I am going to investigate to see if I can find out what had the bug fixed.

04-27-09 12:40 AM
    Im not sure I agree with that. When mine is working it is much louder, too loud to play at full volume. Id say the audio boost is as much as its always been. You may just be listening to the non boosted audio, and assuming that it is working. On my phone if it is working, it is obvious, way more than 10%.

Try rebooting your Storm, I think you'll hear a big difference when the audio boost is working. The problem/bug is that it only works for a while.
    Hmmmm.... Maybe I am going through the wrong menu? I use an "enhance audio" menu selection where you can choose bass boost, treble boost, etc.... And select "loud" I think.

Before .113 or .132 I got no responses on any of the boost options. Now I do but just not much.

Let me know what menu you are going through, maybe it will help. For me, .132 is the best OS yet. I don't know if you have noticed, but the whining and sniveling level has dropped significantly in here since .132 dropped...

04-27-09 07:34 AM
    Hmmmm.... Maybe I am going through the wrong menu? I use an "enhance audio" menu selection where you can choose bass boost, treble boost, etc.... And select "loud" I think.
    i think you are using the wrong feature..audio boost is under media> options> audio boost.

when it's working correctly, it substantially increases the headset volume, as wmscottmc stated. problem is, one you get a message alert, it becomes disabled despite what the ui is saying, until you reboot. it has done this in EVERY os, up to 132
    04-27-09 08:24 AM
    I'll have to give this os a shot and see, I'm using .122 now and have been annoyed by this bug since I've had my storm. It took me a few days to realise it was the first alert sound the phone made after a reboot which screwed up my sound. This PISSED me off when I first figured it out, I was very close to going back to a Curve because of it and it's always the very first thing I check to see if it's fixed after an OS update!

I plug my phone into my car and also use a Blackberry Bluetooth Audio Gateway and notice it on both.

It's not the media player program because if I'm listening to slacker it's great, till I get a message and it F's up again.

So till it's fixed if I know I'll be playing music I put my phone on vibrate and reboot it.

2 of my friends also have storms and have the same issue. They didn't know it existed at first till I rebooted their phones, plugged it into my car, and then messaged them, they all said "wow, I had no idea".
    04-27-09 08:46 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD