Did anyone notice the very audible "click"? From the video it was very loud.

My question is to those who have been able to use the device (very few I would imagine) Was the click that audible when you used it?
    11-10-08 02:22 PM
    It said on the front page, by Kevin himself, right under the video, that he had no recollection of it being that loud.
    11-10-08 02:24 PM
    Did anyone notice the very audible "click"? From the video it was very loud.

My question is to those who have been able to use the device (very few I would imagine) Was the click that audible when you used it?
    I haven't noticed a click in any of the other videos. So my bet would be it's either a setting (like the click with older iPods that have wheels) or was added to the video for effect.
    11-10-08 02:43 PM
    When I played with the phone at the LA launch party, you couldn't hear the click at all. It doesn't make any more noise than a regular phone does when you press a key. I think that they emphasized the sound in the videos to really bring the point across.
    11-10-08 03:18 PM
    i like the click click leave the click

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-10-08 03:53 PM
    they were saying on the video comments that the click was NOT that loud which is good. But I've ask many times will be be able to silent that click? that's what i want to know. I mean it is cook for now but will not be after 3 months. lol!

11-10-08 03:56 PM
    i just read anothe thread about the click yes another thread and someone mention its not all that load kinda like typing on your keyboard

11-10-08 04:41 PM
    Yeah that click would get annoying after the newness runs out. Imagine texting in quiet place and everyone turns around wondering wtf is going on.

11-10-08 05:51 PM
    Yes there is an audible click. It is not as loud as that video, but there is a click. Just like theres a sound when you press a button on your keyboard.
    11-10-08 06:05 PM
    even when it in silent mode? there a click ??
    11-10-08 06:07 PM
    if im texting in class is it loud enough where people can hear if so that is not smart. i bet verizon has an option to turn the click sound off
    11-10-08 07:04 PM
    if im texting in class is it loud enough where people can hear if so that is not smart. i bet verizon has an option to turn the click sound off
    I don't think it's a matter of software but of mechanics, therefore if it's loud it just is.
    11-10-08 07:06 PM
    ok, you guys are looking waaaay too deeply into this. yes, there is a click, it's a mechanical click just like when you press a button on your phone right now. the phone doesn't actually make a "click" sound from the speaker. As for the loudness, it's not any louder than the sound your phone makes when you press a button.
    11-10-08 07:12 PM
    From the Bradbury videos and from the latest Verizon commercial video, it almost sounds like there's a sound click similar to Pearl BBs having "tick" as the trackball sound. I really hope you can turn that off. I don't have an issue with a mechanical click, but I don't need the phone to make noises electronically.
    11-10-08 11:53 PM
    I'm sure its a setting that you can turn on and off. Although I hope with it on, the click isn't that loud.
    11-11-08 12:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD