Has anyone using Audilbe Air (8800 version etc..) on your Storm been able to successfully listen to any of your subscriptions. I have been able to get my book library to show but when I try to get subscriptions I get a connection error...

I understand a beta is out and may be avail in the next month's -- but would like to figure out a way to listen to my WSJ on the BB Sap.
    01-26-09 05:13 PM
    As per your email, I understand that you are not able to update your subscriptions. The Blackberry Audible Air application currently has an issue in which you receive a Communication Error when you attempt to update your subscriptions. This issue is caused by our subscription server and a resolution is currently being implemented by development. Please download your subscriptions using your desktop computer and transfer the files to your Blackberry device. I do apologize for any and all inconvenience and we are working on resolving this issue.

IN FACT, THEY'VE BEEN USING THIS SERVER EXCUSE SINCE BEFORE THANKSGIVING!!
    01-26-09 06:36 PM
    What a crapper -- So many times during my 4+ maybe 5+ years with Audible I have come so so close to hanging up the towel - from having to deal with useless tech reps to screwed up billings it amazes me at times that Audible is still in business.

Thanks for the post - at least now I know everyone is having the issue. I would get rid of Audible if it was not for the AIR program and being able to auto download WSJ on a daily basis.... Just a PITA that I have to keep my PPC device just to get these.

Hoping they release the Beta soon and its not a pure teatherd solution.
    01-26-09 07:23 PM
    I'm glad I found this thread.

I didn't even know about the air app until this evening. I downloaded it to my 8330, and then read that it wouldn't work with Alltel.

Well the books do, but not the subscriptions. Good job I looked here, or I'd have spent hours tinkering about..

Thanks for the info. Lets hope there is a fix soon.
    02-23-09 10:47 PM
    I'm glad I found this thread too, though I am SO irritated that this KNOWN problem isn't addressed on Audible's help menu. In fact, it is not even mentioned. So I assumed my settings were wrong or the installation was wrong or I was doing something wrong. I emailed them and asked them to just say, "Subscriptions aren't yet working and we are working on the problem."

Jeez!!
    04-14-09 11:01 AM
    I got it to work. I re-installed it. When it asked me if I wanted to download the test file, I said yes, and the subscriptions worked after that. I didn't do anything else. I also got it to work on my wife's phone the same way too.
    04-20-09 01:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD