Actually its 6 almost 7 months. There was a lot of videos out a couple months before release.

The performance of the Storm on those videos is the EXACT same you are seeing now.

If they have not gotten it right by now I don't think they ever will.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    And you'd know the performance how exactly?

Seeing as you have zero direct experience with the phone, prerelease / release /current

Sorry, since you're back:
    Troll Post
    02-15-09 03:12 PM
    Trolls travel in packs.
    02-15-09 03:18 PM
    To the OP. I�m guessing you've never owned a PDA before. From the day you buy it to the day you loose/break/flush it, there will be software updates. I own Pearls, Curves, and a few others. It takes time to fix some issues. Verizon released the Curve on May 13th; The 4.5 update wasn�t available until Oct 31st. And consider that Verizon was one of the last to pick up the device.

So the Storm was released on Nov 28th, and already has had one software update within the first month (Dec 15th). In the cell phone world, that's unheard of. And considering Vodaphone (A majority share holder of Verizon Wireless) has released an update, I would assume that an official release will be available for VZW very shortly. Even if it doesn�t happen for another 30 days. That's still two official software releases available within four months of the device being released to the public.

I'm impressed with RIM's dedication to making this device better. And though there aren�t many visual differences, speaking from a programmer�s point of view, there have been massive improvements.

Honestly if you think you could do better then an entire team of highly trained and educated programmers, please, I beg of you, step in.

If not, I'll trade you my old iPhone for your storm any day of the week. (Being serious, my wife really wants one.)
    02-15-09 03:29 PM
    And you'd know the performance how exactly?

Seeing as you have zero direct experience with the phone, prerelease / release /current

Sorry, since you're back:
    Troll Post
    Go back and look at the old videos. They don't lie. They clearly show the laggy OS in action.

If that's not enough for you do a search and see for yourself all the chatter back in October about the poor performance.

Lastly enough with calling all my post "troll post" already Kur. It doesn't add anything to the thread. PM me that if you'd like but let's leave that offline. Thanks.

02-15-09 03:42 PM
    If you would stop trolling, I bet he'd stop labeling your posts.

Commenting on the performance of a phone you don't own = trolling.
    02-15-09 03:45 PM
    Hilarious... 12 hours later I check the thread to find maybe 25% objective opinion and 75% accusations, insinuations and name calling. WoW
    02-15-09 03:56 PM
    Hilarious... 12 hours later I check the thread to find maybe 25% objective opinion and 75% accusations, insinuations and name calling. WoW
    I had an honest question that wasn't answered:

What's so important about VZ pushing out an official release? Any official release will be based on a leaked OS. Proven with .75, people (for some reason) will have a problem with it.

If loading a leaked OS improves your experience with your Storm, why not do it?
    02-15-09 06:49 PM
    Go back and look at the old videos. They don't lie. They clearly show the laggy OS in action.

If that's not enough for you do a search and see for yourself all the chatter back in October about the poor performance.

Lastly enough with calling all my post "troll post" already Kur. It doesn't add anything to the thread. PM me that if you'd like but let's leave that offline. Thanks.

Yes they do show a laggy OS. And you're basing the current state of the phone on what experience? And I remind you, you are addressing people who have had the Storm since its release and who have direct experience with the .65 OS. And all OSes, official and leaked, that followed.

Until you have some direct experience to back up the opinion that things are unchanged, you are posting unfounded accusations. Since you haven't stated a reason for doing so, I give my opinion on the post's purpose: trolling.

Now see how that works? Opinion given with the reasons for its foundation. And to finish this discussion as far as I'm concerned, anyone who says there was no improvement from .65 to just .75 is trolling or never had .65.
    02-15-09 06:56 PM
    Trolls travel in packs.
    Billygoats travel in packs too... I think I see the littlest one now...

I'm sorry.. this thread is a pure rant. Does anyone here have any objective information for the OP that doesn't consist of:

"It will get better"
    "Have faith"
    "Me too me too"
    "You should have/couldn't have known"

The "trolls" at least were trying to add to the content of the thread. All the little billygoats do all day is bleat "theeerreees aaa trooollll"

I think Vzw will get it right eventually, but not before the Pre and the newer, cheaper and possibly more functional iPhones are on the shelves. They gambled big to get market share... I hope it pays off. I love RIM.
    02-15-09 07:10 PM
    I'm sorry.. this thread is a pure rant. Does anyone here have any objective information for the OP that doesn't consist of:

"It will get better"
    "Have faith"
    "Me too me too"
    "You should have/couldn't have known"
    Why should I provide objective info in response to a rant? The only response should be: you should have known and if not, ditch it and find a phone you like.

I thought docs were supposed to be bright?
    02-15-09 07:23 PM
    Feels good to attempt to insult your superiors, eh?

Um.. I wasn't saying that that YOU ever provide any kind of info to ANY OP.. you simply look for people to personally attack in a thread. You actually adding something to a thread would be refreshing.

Big difference.

Now if you'll excuse me, I've had this conversation with my kids already to day and I actually try to follow the rules here so I won't be back.
    Last edited by jdoc77; 02-15-09 at 07:29 PM.
    02-15-09 07:27 PM
    You actually adding something to a thread would be refreshing.
    Gee, like posting on the forums of a phone I don't own? Good advice
    02-15-09 07:35 PM
    Well this Is rave and rant forum so whatever raving or ranting I doubt it really matters.

02-15-09 07:38 PM
    Wow. These comments make me glad I decided to wait a little while for the storm...give it time to mature..lol. I'm fine with my curve for now, and hopefully the Niagra soon enough
    02-15-09 07:43 PM
    Opinion given with the reasons for its foundation..
    Brother-in-law/Atlanta (screen click, lag, video and camera
    /) phone returned post .75

Cousin/Vegas (lag, reboots, camera) bought new 2-3 weeks ago? May return.

"Friend"/Los Angeles (lag, screen issues, random reboots, camera) phone returned post .75

And the obvious crackberry rants and raves, crackberry iPhone forums, crackberry Verizon forums, Storm forums and finally the occasional thread popping up in the 8330 forums.

02-15-09 07:57 PM
    Brother-in-law/Atlanta (screen click, lag, video and camera
    /) phone returned post .75

Cousin/Vegas (lag, reboots, camera) bought new 2-3 weeks ago? May return.

"Friend"/Los Angeles (lag, screen issues, random reboots, camera) phone returned post .75

And the obvious crackberry rants and raves, crackberry iPhone forums, crackberry Verizon forums, Storm forums and finally the occasional thread popping up in the 8330 forums.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/who...-storm-154396/

Knock off about 30 posts for off-topic and you still have over 200 people I'm willing to bet will say you're wrong.

But that's hearsay. What's YOUR direct experience? Oh yeah, none. Mine, you know the direct experience, contradicts your troll post. That the phone has improved enormously past the pre-release videos. Has improved since .65. Has improved since .75. Has improved past .86.

People with direct experience counter what little you can add to any thread about the Storm. Because the only thing you can add to any thread on the phone can be summed up with 2 words:

Troll Post

K? Thnx? Buh-Bye!
    02-15-09 09:24 PM

People with direct experience can counter what you can add to any thread about the Storm.
    right back at ya ; )
    02-15-09 11:15 PM
    right back at ya ; )
    I gave you a shot, replied to a post of yours answering your question like you were actually attempting to have a discussion. My mistake.

Troll post till in reply you can add your direct experience with the phone.
    Troll post in reply till you can add anything substantial to threads on the phone.
    Troll post in reply to basically everything you say on the Storm

Basically, you troll. Your posts are designed to do nothing more than inflame and infuriate people. Doesn't really affect me since I can summarize almost everything you post in this forum by labelling it:

Troll Post

K? Thnx! Buh-Bye!
    02-16-09 12:35 AM
    Basically, you troll. Your posts are designed to do nothing more than inflame and infuriate people.
    Quickly heading down the same path as last time. We all know how it ends.
    02-16-09 04:22 AM
    If you would stop trolling, I bet he'd stop labeling your posts.

Commenting on the performance of a phone you don't own = trolling.
    You really are a small child. Just because someone says something negative about the Storm does not mean they are trolling. Wow....imagine someone not liking the Storm....they must not know how to use it..or they are crazy according to you. You are as much of a troll as anyone.
    02-16-09 07:40 PM
    You really are a small child. Just because someone says something negative about the Storm does not mean they are trolling. Wow....imagine someone not liking the Storm....they must not know how to use it..or they are crazy according to you. You are as much of a troll as anyone.
    Claiming that the Storm has made no improvements from the pre-release videos and previews, without having any direct experience with the phone, is attempting to provoke a response. Anyone who currently has a Storm and has seen any of the prerelease videos would tell you that's a lie. Anyone who had .65 and upgraded to the official .75 would tell you that the Storm improved. Even people experiencing bugs with the leaked OSs would tell you that there's a marked improvement in speed.

And that was the entire point of his post: to get people to tell him the Storm improved. cereal spiller has spent the majority of his posts in thissubforum trying to provoke people into replying to him.

I simply minimize the time I waste replying to him by keeping it short and sweet: Troll Post

K? Thnx! Buh-Bye!
    02-16-09 09:52 PM
    jetman if you would click on ck profile and go look at his post count you will see that 500+ of his posts are spewing garbage about a phone he has no personal experience with. ok he doesnt like the storm, we get that. but quit TROLLING.
    K? Thanx! Buh-Bye
    02-16-09 09:54 PM

And that was the entire point of his post: to get people to tell him the Storm improved.
    Kuroshio don't spread lies. I NEVER said it has NOT improved I said it STILL has a lot of issues. There is a big difference.........

I don't try and provoke anyone. If 2,000 of my post's are Storm related thats my perogative (say that to the tune of Bobby Browns song) Say what you will about me. Thats your choice.....

Getting ridiculous in here with the level of fighting and name calling.
    02-16-09 10:41 PM
    Kuroshio don't spread lies. I NEVER said it has NOT improved I said it STILL has a lot of issues. There is a big difference.........

I don't try and provoke anyone. If 2,000 of my post's are Storm related thats my perogative (say that to the tune of Bobby Browns song) Say what you will about me. Thats your choice.....

Actually its 6 almost 7 months. There was a lot of videos out a couple months before release.

The performance of the Storm on those videos is the EXACT same you are seeing now.

I dunno CK..maybe you are battling your alter ego...because by what you said in your first post in this thread you CLEARLY said it has not changed..for something to be the "EXACT" same as it was 6-7 months ago is obviously saying it hasnt changed. So I think you need to start paying attention to what you actually say before calling someone else a liar.
    02-16-09 11:02 PM

"The performance of the Storm on those videos is the EXACT same you are seeing now". Are those your words? In case your forgot, here's the entire post so you can reread what you wrote

Please show me how and where I lied

Troll Post

K? Thnx! Buh-Bye!
    02-16-09 11:04 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD