leaks upon leaks but RIM and VZW still can not progress beyond .75

4 months and nothing except the upgrade to .75 at the start.

This is some weak ****................ Yes WEAK *** ****!!!!!!!

Local people have come to your defense with mindless, but fun apps, but where are YOU!!!!!!

I chose you over the god for saken Iphone, so prove me right. or confirm you have lost or our you are trully behind. A few hundred bucks is not a concern for me in regards to switching to the ipone. However I made a commitment to the storm. It is just to bad that it seems that those inovlved don't have the same commitment

Sorry, forgot to add that battery pulls are so much fun!!!!!!! Especially when you just want to make (whaT!!!!!!!! a PHONE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Is there something I'm missing???? Seriously????

post something here if you are in the same boat to get to count up!!!!!!!!!
    Maybe we can make the *** hats realize that we care!!!!!!!
    Last edited by PA blackberry; 02-15-09 at 04:08 AM.
    02-15-09 03:47 AM
    I share your frustration as the keyboard lags this very moment. I too am holding on tight with .75 and just hope when vzw finally rolls out an rim updated os, that its effing amazing.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

02-15-09 04:01 AM
    I share your frustration as the keyboard lags this very moment. I too am holding on tight with .75 and just hope when vzw finally rolls out an rim updated os, that its effing amazing.

Thank You for posting your frustations as well!!!!!
    02-15-09 04:04 AM
    anyone else? numbers are an amazing thing?
    02-15-09 04:41 AM
    I'm with you 100% .... Where is our god damn update already... Seriously how many leaks do we need before a damn official drop

02-15-09 04:53 AM
    PA. Blackberry

Is this your first smartphone? The storm has only been out 2.5 months not 4 months and there has been an official update. That is unprecedented. I also want an official update but until then the leaks will suffice.

02-15-09 05:49 AM
    besides the .75 OS being laggy and some what slow. IT WORKS. i don't really think battery pulls were necessary when i was on .75 OS anyways....my mem. app. never went extremely low either. i think these threads are getting to you. but that's just what i think.
    02-15-09 06:03 AM
    I am going to go ahead and say DL the leaks man. It helps me sleep at night and not throw my storm into on coming traffic.

It is like getting a new phone all over again. This is my first BB, 5th smart phone, and trust me it is highly advanced over the rest. When it is out for as long as the iphone the kinks will be fixed. Patience and OS leaks buddy.
    02-15-09 06:34 AM
    RIM is the one who is working on improving the OS for the phones. They keep working on updates not only for your Storm, but also every other device they have out there. Even ones that are 3-4 years old. Don't take your frustrations out on RIM. They work constantly to built better devices and OS. That is apparent with all of the "leaked" ones.

All carriers are slow to accept a new OS. Look at all the �leaks" and finally Vodaphone accepted one, even though there are leaked versions that are of a higher build. It is just the way it is. AT&T took forever to accept a 4.5 release for the Curve. So really don't take it out on Verizon too much, although they are the ones who are stalling.

It has always been this way for Blackberry. The leaks are great though and if you ever run it to a problem with one then you have all the people here in the forums to help you!
    Battery pulls have always been something that has to be done on Blackberries. Not just the Storm or OS .75. If you get an �official� update you should/will still have to pull that battery every so often depending on what 3rd party apps you install and run.

I do understand where you are coming from because I use to feel the same way when I got my first bb.

02-15-09 06:56 AM
    I agree. Some of my friends have the iphone and one has the G1. The grass is not always greener on the other side. I understand the frustration, especially when Vodafone Greece gets an upgrade yesterday and us in the states are left to play more of the waiting game. Two years and an upgraded phone and Apple still can't get it right. Yea you can play quirky apps on it that people go "wow" over but look what apps people are making for the storm and the app center is not even out yet. Its gonna be sick within the next 6 months with the cool apps that are gonna rock your storm and put those fanboys to shame with. They can't even send or get MMS let alone the other basic features that a basic dumb phone can do and they cant. Lets not even go the route of making a phone call on that thing and on that service. You want to talk about frustration. We are blessed with the best network with cell sites everywhere. I've been with verizon for 8 years and I don't remember the last time I dropped a call. The best part is that the people with the iphones and G1 turn off their 3G so they can make it through the day without their battery draining...Come on!! You mean to tell me that you are turing off one of the main features of the phone because your battery cant handle the workload. I'm rockin EVDO Rev. A 24hrs a day and my phone goes well past a day without a charge. In all, yea they rolled out the phone before they were ready to take on the world full force but time and patience will make this phone the best device on the market on the best network. By the way, I am not a Verizon or RIM employee, I just love my storm and will never go over to the dark side and give them the satisfaction. Patience my friend, we are all in the same boat.
    02-15-09 06:58 AM
    I agree with the posters that say "patience, grasshopper". The only thing I can fault RIM for was using bad judgement (as often happens in business) based on "getting it on the market ASAP!", before it was ready. It reminds me of a software package I bought years ago that was rushed to get to the shelf before christmas.... and was so full of kinks and flaws that a half a dozen internet patches couldn't fix it fast enough to satisfy the thousands of people that bought it.... to find themselves looking up the the sky weeks later saying "Why God, WHY???"
    02-15-09 07:53 AM
    one within 4mths i a lot better then any other blackberry I've ever had. It will come out when its ready why would you want it to come out with bugs? then you would complain about that too.
    02-15-09 08:06 AM
    OP: Here's what you should do, take the Storm in your right hand, pull your right hand back, and hurl it like a javelin into the nearest body of water. What you want is an iPhone.

The problem with aiming a device towards consumers is that you start introducing the device to immature people who just don't do their research before purchasing anything. Cursory perusal of ANY of the 8 billion reviews on the Storm would've shown the OP that the right fit for them was the iPhone and not the Storm.

Oh, and absolutely bang up job with the rant here. Typically, a coherent, focused, and directed rant will allow us to help and at least start with an idea. You have *s and .'s and !'s and ?'s littering your entire post. It's something a middle schooler would have concocted. I need to stop frequenting this forum.
    02-15-09 08:12 AM
    Grow up! If you want a toy go get the iPhone. If you want a serious business tool, get the Blackberry.
    02-15-09 08:12 AM
    Grow up! If you want a toy go get the iPhone. If you want a serious business tool, get the Blackberry.
    I agree. Obviously he is an iPhone fanboy. That's great. Take your little toy and go on an iPhone forum where the rest of the fanboys reside. As for us "serious" business tool users, we will get our updated OS in time. Like was said, I would rather wait for a polished update, rather than a rushed one like .75.
    Last edited by iitaalliiaann1; 02-15-09 at 08:33 AM.
    02-15-09 08:31 AM
    I need to stop frequenting this forum.
    But then who would spot the Trolls? Goodness knows the Mods have a tough time finding them without a good spotter. [/sarcasm

And to the OP. This IS The place for you to vent your frustrations. Go ahead... let it out. This is your Oprah, your Jerry Springer Show, your Tyra Banks and we are your Tyra.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go watch myself in the mirror if I'm Tyra...
    02-15-09 08:41 AM
    we've gone from .75 to .103 and i've really not seen any amazing, groundbreaking, life-changing differences in the firmware at all. The MMS has remained broken ever since, the new portrait keyboard is inaccurate and hard to use, and now the color depth has been reduced.

And that's just off the top of my head.

The only good thing is that the camera takes pictures a little faster.

We need REAL improvements here. Improvements to features and usability.
    02-15-09 08:43 AM
    I don't get the waiting for an official update. Any OS VZ slaps the 'official' tag on will be based on or will be one of the leaks. So why wait?

If there's a way or chance to improve your experience yourself, do it.
    02-15-09 09:27 AM
    But then who would spot the Trolls? Goodness knows the Mods have a tough time finding them without a good spotter. [/sarcasm

And to the OP. This IS The place for you to vent your frustrations. Go ahead... let it out. This is your Oprah, your Jerry Springer Show, your Tyra Banks and we are your Tyra.

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go watch myself in the mirror if I'm Tyra...
    Annoying and not funny. Congratulations, you continue to outdo yourself.

02-15-09 10:33 AM
    Just my opinion but we probably wont see an official OS update untill next month when the App. store rolls out. I did join the dark side for about 6 months and went to the iPhone from my curve and now back again with my Storm... I dont know if Apple and BB are even close but the only time i ever saw an OS upgrade from them was when they changed the App. store and that was only twice in the 6 months i had the phone. If you or anyone are having that may problems with your phone than request another one, there is a one year warrinty on them. I am on my third one and this one is working great eventhough there are some quirks that i can live with.
    Great things will come with time with this phone.
    02-15-09 11:02 AM

BOY YOU ARE JUST TOO DAMN FUNNY
    02-15-09 11:14 AM

Jerry...Jerry.....Jerry....Jerry....Jerry......

We need one of those bouncer guys in here.
    02-15-09 11:56 AM
    I got anxious and went to .99. Lasted two days, then I went back to .75 Hopefully they come out with an official one soon. I wouldn't change devices, because I'm still a BB fanatic!
    02-15-09 12:56 PM
    OP, this is the correct place to vent. This also a place where people can give you varying opinions. Doing my own research, I would never recommend the Storm to my parents. Although, I would recommend it to my brother. You have to have patience and be tech savvy. Otherwise your frustrations will grow. Your expectations aren't being met. May be your expectations are unreachable as of right now. Do you really expect this phone to work better than a laptop? Because even laptops run programs that need updates. Since the Storm's release, there has been one official update and countless many betas by the week it seems. I am relieved at the fact that RIM is constantly doing revisions to their OS and thankful for the many Crackberry addicts that give feedback to help improve the next leak. In hopes that the next leak becomes the official one. Like many have stated already, we want a stable OS; not another released item for the sake of releasing it just to simply opine over inferior product. I would think that RIM has learned its lesson from unleashing the Storm prematurely.

02-15-09 03:01 PM
    leaks upon leaks but RIM and VZW still can not progress beyond .75

4 months and nothing except the upgrade to .75 at the start.

Actually its 6 almost 7 months. There was a lot of videos out a couple months before release.

The performance of the Storm on those videos is the EXACT same you are seeing now.

If they have not gotten it right by now I don't think they ever will.

02-15-09 03:08 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD