ok i have a storm 9500 i am in uk on vodafone 600 min and unlimited internet tarrif

i have 5 questions im hoping i could find the answer too

1.tethering --- is this possible for me? is this an option uk users can do ?
    2.radio --- through reading these furums last few weeks seems to me like the us version has in built radio ? do we have this also and im just not finding it ?
    3.what has people deleted (programme software wise) in order too improve speeds of phone
    4.what the best internet settings are for running .85 for best speed
    5.whats with the pin see people with it showing some people saying pm for it ? is this a bb social network or such?

i am a bb n00b as can prob tell but great furum that has helped me with all my troubles thanks guys
    01-09-09 05:28 AM
    kenny1980,

Hello and welcome, Hope you are enjoing your Storm.

1) Yes you can, you will have to configure your Pc/Laptop to do this, over on the uk vodafone forums their is a good how 2 for this.
    2) the radio that is mentioned is the device radio for receving/sending on mobile phjone networks not a traditional radio that picks up BBc Radio stations, if that makes sense.
    3) I have deleted messanger, vodafone live and a few others, again on the uk vodafone forums their is some good info
    4) pass ?
    5) yes, it is essentally an email tag so you can chat to fellow BB members. Each Blackberry device has a unique pin attached to it.

Hope this helps.
    01-09-09 06:00 AM
    I can answer a couple of those questions:

1. This thread: (sorry can't post links yet)

forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=11139&hl=tethering+storm

on the vodafone forums describes how to use your storm as a modem. Vodafone let you do it but be warned as you'll run into the 500MB fair use limit mighty fast, not too much of a problem but if you do it regularly you'll get a letter from them.

2. Haven't come across radio on my storm and haven't seen anyone talking about it anywhere, so can't really help.

3. There are several posts in an around the storm part of these forums, generally speakinganything that people have written about the Verizon 9530 and speeding up the phone is applicable to the Vodafone 9500.

4. I don't have .85 (as I left my USB cable behind somewhere otherwise I would) but I'm not really sure there are terribly many settings on the phone that would affect internet speed anyway.

5. The PIN is a unique number assigned to your blackberry, the easiest way to find it out is to compose a new message and type 'mypin'. It can be used for communication directly between blackberry devices. It's also displayed on desktop manager when you connect to your computer.
    01-09-09 06:04 AM
    regarding #5 - I tried adding my bros pin as a contact in BBM.

He hasnt received anything saying that I have added him though. How does this work?
    01-09-09 06:13 AM
    thanks everyone for ur input great results as always
    im thankful
    01-09-09 06:37 AM
    regarding #5 - I tried adding my bros pin as a contact in BBM.

He hasnt received anything saying that I have added him though. How does this work?
    I haven't used this myself, but try sending him a message and see what happens.
    01-09-09 07:31 AM
    You can also use the PIN as an email address, not just in Blackberry Messenger. It will show as a red message, and you also receive delivery reports.
    01-09-09 08:09 AM
    Hey Guys, Vodafone has made a free application to set all this up. It also supports Bold and a bunch of other handsets too.
    You can down load it from www dot betavine dot com
    or the vodafone supporte site at support dot vodafone dot com
    01-21-09 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD