I just got off the phone with my local Perrysburg, OH store and I have some new information, which I felt should be a new thread...sorry if those thought this should be posted elsewhere.

When I got off the phone with the manager I asked about my 9:00 am appointment I had scheduled with them. I was told by the manager that they finally did get a directorate from Corporate saying they ARE NOT ALLOWED TO HOLD STORMS AND THEY ARE TO SELL ON A FIRST COME FIRST SERVE BASIS.

I then asked why my 9 am appointment was made in the case that Storm sold out to those in line. He told me they have access to phones in the warehouse that can be shipped. Simply stated, if I would not have called and double checked on this and in the event they sold out before my appointment, I would have been waiting for mine to come in the mail.

So I strongly urge those with appointments to call again and ask the specific, Will all the available handsets be given to those waiting in line on a first come first serve basis and what if you are all sold out by the time your appointment time reaches? I would love to see what others have to say.
    11-19-08 09:49 AM
    knew this would happen.
    11-19-08 10:04 AM
    Yup, all of my local ones have been saying all week that it's a first come first serve....hence why I'm getting there a couple of hours early.
    11-19-08 10:06 AM
    Yup, all of my local ones have been saying all week that it's a first come first serve....hence why I'm getting there a couple of hours early.
    This is what I have been reading, hence the reason I called again and checked. And yes, now I will be arriving a couple hours early also.
    11-19-08 10:10 AM
    Man im glad i got an appointment at best buy!
    11-19-08 10:18 AM
    So that means everyone who said yall were wrong were....right?

...Told you they couldn't hold anything.
    11-19-08 10:22 AM
    So that means everyone who said yall were wrong were....right?

...Told you they couldn't hold anything.
    I don't believe I ever said anyone was wrong. With the mass amounts of people saying I was wrong, led me into doubting the manager that called me. Which in turn led me being right to trust you guys and doubt him(the manager) If that made sense!!!
    11-19-08 10:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD