You have every right to be upset, in all honesty I was upset for a while myself.. That is untill the leaked OS' started coming out.. I think what got this device to a bad start was its extreme pre-mature birth, and the "sometimes unresponsive clicking screen", as well as the picking up a call lag.. For the record all these problems have been fixed for me with the leaked updates, for those who got the updates and didnt work, You mightve gotten a lemon or something.. If a youtube video is to prove too you "Storm haters" that it is improving dramatically, say the word and itll be done..

The only real issue I personally have with the phone is the light kinda leaks through the bottom keys, but dust is not a problem..

The hardware is NOT outdated nor is it extremely basic, this "IS" the best blackberry you can buy.. Especially for browsing the internet.. its just a terrible execution.. Alot will agree and alot will disagree, and thats fine, personal choice is what makes BB so amazing and I respect that.. I can name dozens of things wrong with the launch Storms.. But now I seriously cant, camera snaps in a second for me now, typing was hard at first but feels normal again, and internet browsing is the best I've ever done on a phone period..

Remember people.. The IPhone was a perfect example of "terrible execution, faulty hardware, lagtacular browsing and ALOT of hatemail and trolling"..Now its considerd one of the hottest things on the technological market due to "constant updates and fixes" just like the Storm is right now..

All it takes is patience people.. 3 months seems steep without an OS update but it will come.. Baby steps, every newborn has to take them.. If anyone is to blame its Verizon for pushing RIM into a corner for releasing this thing so early.. Wonder how much more pushing and shoving it took for them to get a Bold and that other phone now lol..

As much as I love Verizons Network and its reliability, they can be real turds sometimes..
    02-22-09 08:14 PM
    V.O.S., kudos to you and your patience. A good and positive post!
    02-22-09 08:20 PM
    Nicely put.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-22-09 08:32 PM
    Very true.

02-22-09 10:48 PM
    Intelligence and reason grace this section after ages of people chugging the haterade

02-22-09 10:54 PM
    Agree... especially the turd comment... lol
    02-22-09 11:02 PM
    Well said.

02-23-09 08:27 AM
    3 months seems steep without an OS update but it will come
    Wasn't .75 an OS update.....?
    02-23-09 09:13 AM
    What os are you running?

02-23-09 09:32 AM
    You have every right to be upset, in all honesty I was upset for a while myself.. That is untill the leaked OS' started coming out..
    I have installed every "leaked" os and it is still a turd.

I think what got this device to a bad start was its extreme pre-mature birth, and the "sometimes unresponsive clicking screen", as well as the picking up a call lag.. For the record all these problems have been fixed for me with the leaked updates, for those who got the updates and didnt work, You mightve gotten a lemon or something.. If a youtube video is to prove too you "Storm haters" that it is improving dramatically, say the word and itll be done..

The only real issue I personally have with the phone is the light kinda leaks through the bottom keys, but dust is not a problem..

The hardware is NOT outdated nor is it extremely basic,
    Yes it is, made obvious by its sluggish behavior and poor media playback

this "IS" the best blackberry you can buy.. Especially for browsing the internet.. its just a terrible execution..
    I would rather have a Bold, it has a responsive OS and WiFi.

Alot will agree and alot will disagree, and thats fine, personal choice is what makes BB so amazing and I respect that.. I can name dozens of things wrong with the launch Storms.. But now I seriously cant, camera snaps in a second for me now, typing was hard at first but feels normal again, and internet browsing is the best I've ever done on a phone period..

Remember people.. The IPhone was a perfect example of "terrible execution, faulty hardware, lagtacular browsing and ALOT of hatemail and trolling"..Now its considerd one of the hottest things on the technological market due to "constant updates and fixes" just like the Storm is right now..
    Simply not true, Apple took their time with the iPhone, the initial release was rock solid and responsive, some subsequent releases were more buggy but no where near the disaster that the Storm was and still is.

All it takes is patience people.. 3 months seems steep without an OS update but it will come.. Baby steps, every newborn has to take them.. If anyone is to blame its Verizon for pushing RIM into a corner for releasing this thing so early.. Wonder how much more pushing and shoving it took for them to get a Bold and that other phone now lol..

As much as I love Verizons Network and its reliability, they can be real turds sometimes..
    02-23-09 10:30 AM
    You have every right to be upset, in all honesty I was upset for a while myself.. That is untill the leaked OS' started coming out.. I think what got this device to a bad start was its extreme pre-mature birth, and the "sometimes unresponsive clicking screen", as well as the picking up a call lag.. For the record all these problems have been fixed for me with the leaked updates, for those who got the updates and didnt work, You mightve gotten a lemon or something.. If a youtube video is to prove too you "Storm haters" that it is improving dramatically, say the word and itll be done..

The hardware is NOT outdated nor is it extremely basic, this "IS" the best blackberry you can buy.. Especially for browsing the internet.. its just a terrible execution.. Alot will agree and alot will disagree, and thats fine, personal choice is what makes BB so amazing and I respect that.. I can name dozens of things wrong with the launch Storms.. But now I seriously cant, camera snaps in a second for me now, typing was hard at first but feels normal again, and internet browsing is the best I've ever done on a phone period..

Very true, I can still remember the uproar over the initial bugginess of the iPhone.
    02-23-09 10:34 AM
    I have installed every "leaked" os and it is still a turd.

Yes it is, made obvious by its sluggish behavior and poor media playback

I would rather have a Bold, it has a responsive OS and WiFi.

Simply not true, Apple took their time with the iPhone, the initial release was rock solid and responsive, some subsequent releases were more buggy but no where near the disaster that the Storm was and still is.
    Yes, we all realize, RC, that you don't like the Storm. One wonders why you keep using your Storm if indeed you are still a Storm user. I am not saying you do not have a right to disagree, but many ppl are happy with their Storms and it WILL get better when official OS releases occur. I tend to take faith in what Crucial and others with far more experience with Storm usage have to say.
    02-23-09 11:17 AM
    The hardware is NOT outdated nor is it extremely basic, this "IS" the best blackberry you can buy.. Especially for browsing the internet.. its just a terrible execution..
    You can't say some will agree and some won't when you're trying to state a fact. And this statement is NOT a fact, it's not the best you can buy.
    02-23-09 11:20 AM
    iPhone initial release was not rock solid.... I am not sure where you gathered that.

iPhone took about to year to get stable on the OS
    iPhone (Apple & ATT) could not get the registration stable and did not plan on such a large number of people getting the phone
    iPhone had numerous issues during launch

Please see forest and the trees nut just one or the other. I am not saying Storm launch was perfect but saying the iPhone launch was perfect is just ignorance and blind apple fanboy love. In fact both iPhone launches had major problems.

Look here is an article about the iPhone 3G where it was having problems be activated. Major screwup here!

iPhone OS issues also

Now as you see here in the wikipedia it took Apple quite a few OS releases to get their iPhone OS somewhat right and stable... But so many people here cant recall that and have selective amnesia when it comes to saying Apple iPhone is great ZOMG it is perfect......

Again I am not saying the Storm launch went smooth and was better than Apple. I think they both had their major and minor screwups and the Storm will get better as it matures and new OS versions are released. It took Apple quite a few released to get it right but again so many people have selective amnesia when it comes to this........

This is by no means a bash to you RC but you gotta look at the logic and the facts of the real world not some make believe fantasy world....

Also I know the BB Storm has had some major issues with the OS, but lets look at Win95 when it was released... Most horrible OS until OSR2 was released. Then WinME, lets not even go there. Now Vista.... Most bloated OS to date from M$ and it is a bloated rotten cow festering and waiting to explode. Apple has had some pretty craptastic OS releases also, not to mention hardware releases. OS X is nice and I cant complain one bit about it. Linux I am not going to touch cause it is hit and miss with every software package release at times, even though I love me some linux.

But to bash one product saying it is crap and not realizing that almost every software/hardware release in the past 10-15 years easy has had some major screwups and hiccups all coming from PR, Advertising, Upper Management, or just plain company stupidity. Think about all of that as you bash just once device running a variation of the 4.7.x OS software.
    Last edited by ainvar; 02-23-09 at 01:52 PM. Reason: Added more info
    02-23-09 01:47 PM
    iPhone initial release was not rock solid.... I am not sure where you gathered that.
    Forget the initial release. There were still problems with the iPhone 3G release. Nothing is perfect.
    02-23-09 02:04 PM
    Yes, so like I said, the iPhone had/and still has some bugs, but no where near the complete disaster that the Storm is. An initial release that is unusable, hybrid OS's floating around the internet, "Leaked" OS'es that RIM is using the general public as their beta testers. It is no wonder their product sucks.
    02-23-09 02:22 PM
    Ok the OS will get better but there is still the playing one sound at a time no matter what OS and it still can only do Java so it will always be basic in the multimedia department.
    To be honest the OS itself is a pile of crap and is just a rehash of the bolds code. Hence the problems they should of built touch screen OS.

02-23-09 06:02 PM
    Yes, so like I said, the iPhone had/and still has some bugs, but no where near the complete disaster that the Storm is. An initial release that is unusable, hybrid OS's floating around the internet, "Leaked" OS'es that RIM is using the general public as their beta testers. It is no wonder their product sucks.

You never owned an origninal iphone then because they have as much bugs as the storm. Random resets, no apps(jailbreaking didnt exist at the time), no text messaging. There was so much bad reviews about the iphone and it wasnt the Jesus phone until somebody hacked the iphone open the flood gates to actually make the iphone a real smart phone. Really why do you think the iphone is great. It is not because of the "Official OS" its because of the custom OS where people can actually get real useful apps for free.
    02-24-09 10:50 AM
    You never owned an origninal iphone then because they have as much bugs as the storm. Random resets, no apps(jailbreaking didnt exist at the time), no text messaging. There was so much bad reviews about the iphone and it wasnt the Jesus phone until somebody hacked the iphone open the flood gates to actually make the iphone a real smart phone. Really why do you think the iphone is great. It is not because of the "Official OS" its because of the custom OS where people can actually get real useful apps for free.
    I will repeat it again, yes the original iPhone had issues, no where near the complete disaster that the Storm is.

You do not need to jailbreak your iPhone to access the app store, there are thousands of great apps that I would use every day. The original iPhone could display complicated web pages ("Web 2.0" apps) that the Storm can not muster almost two years later.

The Storm app store is called "application center" and anything more is a pipe dream. It will never rival the iPhone app store.
    02-24-09 11:05 AM

Amazing how you can foretell events in March.

02-24-09 11:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD