How did you do it? This is addressing people with 8 or less icons on their homescreen. Did you just hide everything and throw links into QuickLaunch? Did you just file stuff away into folders? Did you delete most things?

Thanks
    05-28-09 11:19 PM
    I did a combination. I placed my main used icons in quick launch and hid everything except BBM, SmS, Messages, and Weather.
    05-28-09 11:20 PM
    I have 4 folders on my homescreen, I forget exactly what they're named but its organized into online stuff, apps, media and options.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 11:59 PM
    same here, i'll post as soon as i get a chance
    05-29-09 12:03 AM

Left convenience key = Messages
    Right convenience key = BeeJive
    Lock button = PatternLock
    05-29-09 12:17 AM

That's nice. Where do I find it?

05-29-09 12:35 AM
    05-29-09 12:39 AM
    Is she taking a picture or is there light coming out of her hoo-hoo-dilly?

05-29-09 12:43 AM
    How did you do it? This is addressing people with 8 or less icons on their homescreen. Did you just hide everything and throw links into QuickLaunch? Did you just file stuff away into folders? Did you delete most things?

Thanks
    Home screen do you mean if you backspaced out in portrait? Or the app page? You can change how man you want in the options ie 1 row 2 row or 4

05-29-09 12:47 AM
    Is she taking a picture or is there light coming out of her hoo-hoo-dilly?

She's takin' a pic. I thought it would be cool to have the camera button right in the spot though.
    05-29-09 12:50 AM
    I use Appleberry Glass 1.3...
    Five icons at the bottom of my screen, until I click the file folder for "stacks" & I get 5 additional icons that appear vertically on the r/h side of my home screen... is that cheating??

05-29-09 12:52 AM
    Ok, so of course the way you set yours up to be clean will depend on your theme first, but here is my example:

Everything closed

Dock opened

I put my 5 most important apps here (browser, email, sms, bbm, media)

home screen

i added two folders (entertainment and utilities) and deleted the downloads and game folder

application folder

all apps that i don't put in entertainment or utilities pretty much

entertainment

apps that deal with, well entertainment

utilities

apps that deal with the setup of the phone

setup

the basic folder already included

i also organize apps within the folders based on differences such as how often i use them, if they are similar in function, etc
    Last edited by ncsttsccr; 05-29-09 at 01:17 AM.
    05-29-09 12:56 AM
    oh, also needed to mention, you were right about quicklaunch...or any shortcut app

use a shortcup app for other apps you want to get to quickly

i have quicklaunch setup so i can go to options, storm slider, and others, for example
    05-29-09 12:59 AM
    Love that Glass Theme, thanks for the link.
    05-29-09 06:14 AM
    When the weather turns to rain does her top get wet like a wet tshirt contest? Lol

05-29-09 07:15 AM
    __

__

Almost never use my app screen with Vista Complete theme, and QL2 helps alot to.
    Last edited by Krymz; 05-29-09 at 07:51 AM. Reason: more pics
    05-29-09 07:39 AM
    Since Browser and BB Messenger are always available through the app switcher, I've buried those in a folder. On my home screen I have four icons (WB, Facebook, SMS, and CB Launcher), then when I go landscape I have those four across the top plus: e-mail, contacts, calendar, ubertwitter, (next line) media, options, Applications Folder, and Setup Folder. Right convenience key is camera, left is Pandora. The only two apps that I regularly use that are buried in a folder are the two app stores.
    05-29-09 07:57 AM
    Yeah I was curious what people did with folders like "Setup" and and "Applications" that have important stuff in them, but that you don't use often. For example, MemoPad is in Applications and I use it once in a blue moon, but for those rare instances, it is useful to have. I guess the best answer is to hide those. I am using the Storm Today Plus Hidden theme, so I at least need 8 icons for the shortcuts on the homescreen. I also like that glass theme. Thanks for your help guys.
    05-29-09 01:26 PM

Thanks

Combination of multiple things that you said here.

I even created a couple new folders for different things.

Like a media folder for all things like video camera camera, anything media related youtube app etc.

then I have 4 email accounts on my device so I made a folder called mail and put the base mail folder for all of them in that folder along with settings for mail etc..

I typically just use the messages folder anyway.

then moved things into the tools folder etc etc...

pretty much a combination of things.
    05-29-09 02:51 PM
    __

__

Almost never use my app screen with Vista Complete theme, and QL2 helps alot to.
    Nice theme. looks great. gotta get it.
    05-29-09 03:28 PM
    Ok, so of course the way you set yours up to be clean will depend on your theme first, but here is my example:

Everything closed

Dock opened

What theme is that?
    I put my 5 most important apps here (browser, email, sms, bbm, media)

home screen

i added two folders (entertainment and utilities) and deleted the downloads and game folder

application folder

all apps that i don't put in entertainment or utilities pretty much

entertainment

apps that deal with, well entertainment

utilities

apps that deal with the setup of the phone

setup

the basic folder already included

i also organize apps within the folders based on differences such as how often i use them, if they are similar in function, etc

Last edited by sixstringedmatt; 05-31-09 at 03:10 PM.
    05-29-09 04:13 PM
    the glass theme is is the only one I've ever downloaded that I plan on keeping.
    I have it setup with a plain black background for a very plain and simple black and gray look.
    The exception is QuickPull which is in the very bottom position in the circle.
    Other than that I have the browser in the top position.
    The other 4 are options, applications, media, and messages.

05-29-09 06:21 PM

Dude! Stay on topic. Besides your home screen is not clean. I only have 8 icons on my "homepage" by putting all my apps, games and other bs into one of three folders. Along with messages, browser, sms, options and my e-mail makes 8! Runs super smooth on .75 suckas!

05-29-09 06:43 PM
    Nice theme. looks great. gotta get it.
    agreed. theme works well with QL too.
    05-29-09 08:10 PM
    Here is mine

i got the modified wii theme from the guy who made the original wii theme...click here for OTA download. I love it. Same cool clickabilities of the wii theme, with 4 extra icons. Everything else i need i keep on quicklaunch. I do have 12 on the full display, but i rarely ever go there, only if i hit menu by mistake.

And yes, the back ground can be modified to what you want. I use an app for a constantly changing background.
    05-29-09 08:25 PM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD