Before I start the story, I ask that you please try to believe me. I wouldnt lie just to impress you people. I believe this is the truth...swear on my life (at least what I was told).

Ok, so my friend, Adam, interns at Verizon. Not Verizon Wireless, just Verizon. He works in the promotions department, I believe. Yesterday we went for a bike ride and I asked him if he wanted to go to a party later on. He said he couldn't because he had to be up extra early for an "Intern Lunch and Learn" at Verizon (the place he works at...its in some office building, not a store). He said that the COO of Verizon would be there and so would the VP of Marketing from Verizon Wireless. I perked up a this and asked him to ask the VP of Marketing a question for me. "When do you think the Blackberry Bold and the Blackberry Thunder will be coming to Verizon Wireless?" He laughed and made me text him the names because he wouldnt remember them (he isnt a Blackberry addict like us).
    Sooo, he just called me and told me a funny story. He wasnt the only one who asked about the Bold and Thunder. Two other people asked a different VP about the "touch-screen Blackberry" and the "competition for the iPhone" and he successfully dodged the questions by saying "I can tell you but then I'd have to kill you". Im sure that got a couple of chuckles. My friend, though, got to ask the VP of Marketing about the Bold. He asked when is it coming out on Verizon? The VP had a smile on his face and said, "Well, I dont know anything about that Blackberry, but we are launching an exciting one in October!" I started laughing when he told me this and knew I had to tell you guys!

Believe me if you want, but this is the TRUTH!

Thunder in October! You heard it here first (kinda).
    07-23-08 07:00 PM
    hmmmmmmmmmmmmm..........
    07-23-08 07:03 PM
    Well wouldn't that be nice?! And even if that is what their intentions are, there will most likely be some delays. I'm counting on the holiday season

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-23-08 07:05 PM
    Well wouldn't that be nice?! And even if that is what their intentions are, there will most likely be some delays. I'm counting on the holiday season

Yea, you might be right. I want it now! Or at least some videos or something!
    07-23-08 07:11 PM
    October is what Boy Genius reported...
    www boygeniusreport.com/2008/07/16/blackberry-bold-blackberry-thunder-release-information/
    07-23-08 08:03 PM
    This would be good news.
    07-23-08 09:59 PM
    October is what Boy Genius reported...
    www boygeniusreport.com/2008/07/16/blackberry-bold-blackberry-thunder-release-information/
    Yea, but I have concrete evidence! ...at least for myself haha, the rest of you just have to trust me.
    07-23-08 10:19 PM
    Well, only time will tell..

07-23-08 10:26 PM
    i can't wait till some other intern reads this and then reports it....
    then your friend loses his job.
    kidding, of course.
    thanks
    07-23-08 10:32 PM
    I'll believe it once we start seeing reviews. I don't care much for the touch-screen. I'd rather have the Bold. When will it be out? A long time from now
    07-23-08 10:40 PM
    Hey my birthday is in October
    Maybe this will work out
    07-23-08 10:48 PM
    it is times like this I wish I was with verizon so I could get my hands on a touch screen blackberry. Time will only tell though about when it comes out.

07-23-08 10:49 PM
    My girlfriends dad works fro RIM in waterloo and sometimes LA. He said there's a small delay with multi touch, and patents but he thinks November 4th. As for the bold. August for att and tmo. January for the rest of em. Kickstart in august also.

07-23-08 10:59 PM
    My girlfriends dad works fro RIM in waterloo and sometimes LA. He said there's a small delay with multi touch, and patents but he thinks November 4th. As for the bold. August for att and tmo. January for the rest of em. Kickstart in august also.

tmo is getting the bold?
    07-23-08 11:08 PM
    i can't wait till some other intern reads this and then reports it....
    then your friend loses his job.
    kidding, of course.
    thanks
    He wouldnt lose his job because the VP told them at a luncheon with like 40 other interns there. He obviously didnt care, he just didnt want to comment on the Bold...probably because its going to ATT first!
    07-24-08 06:39 AM

Why would tmo get the bold in August when they wont be rolling out 3G in more major markets until October? Doubt we will see the Bold on tmo period! Would be a pleasant surprise though.
    07-24-08 06:53 AM

tmo is getting the bold?
    I wish those rumors would stop. Let's wait till we hear from RIM or the cariers.
    07-24-08 08:19 AM

Yea, I dont think it is going to come out on Election Day in the US. That would not be a smart idea. It is coming out in October...unless there are any unforeseen delays. But as of yesterday, it is set for October.
    07-24-08 10:14 AM
    october of '08 on verizon... that means more like may of '09.. right
    07-28-08 07:50 PM
    LIES! it wasnt the thunder he was hinting at. it was the 9220!!! rofl
    08-22-08 07:11 PM
    I know these are all rumors but I'll believe October for the Thunder. Only because I want this phone already.
    08-24-08 04:08 AM
    I believe that you are telling the truth with regards to your story, but I honestly don't think the CEO of RIM (let alone the COO of Verizon) can pinpoint a date for release.

There's no doubt in my mind they know more about the phone than we ever will, but my skepticism is paired with my (and likely, your) excitement. RIM knows good and well there are people anxiously awaiting this touchscreen BlackBerry, and if they knew when it would be ready for final production, they would make an announcement. Why on Earth would they purposefully postpone the launch if they could sell millions of units now? The answer, of course, is that they wouldn't.

That being said, I do believe that the Verizon COO--and any others with inside information--suspect an October release, but that they don't expect the people they've told to be leaking information. They would have been much more guarded with that information at a press conference (for fear of public backlash) than at a casual info session among fellow employees.

So, in conclusion, I believe what you say about their expectations for an October release; however, CEOs, CFOs, even developers can't foresee all the possible problems with the device, so only time will tell for certain.
    08-25-08 10:40 PM
    Yeah, I can agree with you on that. But what about the reports about Verizon and RIM launching a huge ad campaign in September for the Thunder? Surely that must mean it would arrive soon, no?
    08-26-08 08:19 AM
    Yeah, I can agree with you on that. But what about the reports about Verizon and RIM launching a huge ad campaign in September for the Thunder? Surely that must mean it would arrive soon, no?
    I totally agree with your statement. Most reports say there will be a huge campaign come September. All I know is...I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!
    08-26-08 09:43 AM
    Well, word is that this device will show itself at CTIA which is coming up very soon.

08-26-08 10:20 AM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD