Is the storm for verizon n thunder for att or is it the other way around?
    10-09-08 09:28 PM
    Nothing for att

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-09-08 09:32 PM
    so then is the bold the only blackberry comin out for att or is there another 1 after like a touch screen or sumtin?
    10-09-08 09:34 PM
    Have no idea, bold to att, stom to verizon its all I know.

10-09-08 09:40 PM
    Rumor is a Storm 9510 will be out for AT&T next year. In the meantime, you can buy a Storm 9500 from Canada and use it on At&t.
    10-09-08 09:49 PM
    There is only Storm. Thunder was just a name used internally by RIM. There's no Storm on the horizon bound for AT&T but there are plenty of Storms you can buy and use on AT&T's network. 9530 VZW Storm for AT&T's EDGE network or Storm 9500 for AT&T's 3G network. Depends on what you need.
    10-09-08 10:18 PM
    There is only Storm. Thunder was just a name used internally by RIM. There's no Storm on the horizon bound for AT&T but there are plenty of Storms you can buy and use on AT&T's network. 9530 VZW Storm for AT&T's EDGE network or Storm 9500 for AT&T's 3G network. Depends on what you need.
    wait so if i wanted 2 get a storm n i have att what do i do? if i want 3g or whtever
    10-09-08 10:33 PM
    wait so if i wanted 2 get a storm n i have att what do i do? if i want 3g or whtever
    Switch to Verizon. Period. End.
    10-09-08 10:39 PM
    Buy a Storm 9500.
    10-09-08 10:40 PM
    also paying for it. would we pay at & t for blackberry service? or how does that work?
    10-09-08 10:40 PM
    There is a GSM version comming out but for with carrier, dont kno
    10-09-08 10:53 PM
    Is anyone else tired of hearing this question?

10-09-08 11:33 PM
    Apparently AT&T is getting the Storm BB 9510 Q1 of 2009.

I guess I could just wait and not cancel my account.
    10-15-08 08:36 AM
    I don't get how people make bold statements (no pun intended) about the device not coming to at&t. How do you know? BoyGenius hasn't reported on it yet? Lol.

The correct statement would be "I haven't heard of a gsm variant for at&t."

You may be giving false information and you're not the CEO or either AT&T or RIM.

I'm not sure, but I've heard and have a strong feeling at least a device that can be used on AT&T's 3g network is coming out. Whether it's at&t branded or not is another question.

Duvi
    10-15-08 09:06 AM
    I don't get how people make bold statements (no pun intended) about the device not coming to at&t. How do you know? BoyGenius hasn't reported on it yet? Lol.

The correct statement would be "I haven't heard of a gsm variant for at&t."

You may be giving false information and you're not the CEO or either AT&T or RIM.

I'm not sure, but I've heard and have a strong feeling at least a device that can be used on AT&T's 3g network is coming out. Whether it's at&t branded or not is another question.

Duvi
    I am assuming the Vodafone GSM can be unlocked and used on the AT&T network here in the states?
    10-15-08 09:17 AM
    Switch to Verizon. Period. End.
    Are you ignorant or do you just not read?

Others have already stated that you can use BOTH versions of the storm on AT&T, so either read and give correct information, or don't give information at all.

To the OP: You can use either version. If you want to use 3G, you need to buy the 9500 which is the version vodafone released (not sure which one canada is releasing), but if you don't mind not having 3G and just having EDGE access, just buy the verizon 9530.

As far as what you do, buy the phone outright, unlock it, then pop in your SIM, call AT&T, and add a blackberry personal plan to your line. You're done.
    12-04-08 11:32 PM
    Holy bringing back the dead batman! Hey amkls704 I don't know if you are aware of this but... this thread is like 3 months old. I don't think they care anymore.
    12-05-08 12:00 AM
    Are you ignorant or do you just not read?

Others have already stated that you can use BOTH versions of the storm on AT&T, so either read and give correct information, or don't give information at all.

To the OP: You can use either version. If you want to use 3G, you need to buy the 9500 which is the version vodafone released (not sure which one canada is releasing), but if you don't mind not having 3G and just having EDGE access, just buy the verizon 9530.

As far as what you do, buy the phone outright, unlock it, then pop in your SIM, call AT&T, and add a blackberry personal plan to your line. You're done.
    Seriously...did you take a look at when I posted that post? There were still a lot of unanswered questions about the Storm. Geeze. And like clover said...way to bring back a post from the graveyard.

Do your research instead of just posting to bash someone.
    12-05-08 12:05 AM
    Also if you read these forums more you can see that Canada is getting the 9530 because if they weren't then it would be dumb of Bell to release an update for the 9530... DING FRIES ARE DONE!
    12-05-08 12:09 AM
    Apparently AT&T is getting the Storm BB 9510 Q1 of 2009.

I guess I could just wait and not cancel my account.
    You would actually give up the Bold for the Storm?
    12-05-08 12:11 AM
    <soup nazi>No storm for you!</soup nazi>

Just wait around and look at blogs. When it's announce you can bet your sweet *** it'll be posted on the front page of CB...if you haven't heard of it, then 99% chance it's not much more than rumor.

We'll see, but CX has hinted about a GSM version which would be for ATT.

Slightly off topic: Not quite sure why ATT seems to get so many good phones...iPhone, Bold, Storm (maybe), etc....

Also if you read these forums more you can see that Canada is getting the 9530 because if they weren't then it would be dumb of Bell to release an update for the 9530... DING FRIES ARE DONE!
    DING FRIES ARE DONE back at ya!

Telus is also getting it in Canada...past that I'm not sure if it'll be 9530 or 9500 but I'm assuming it'd be the 9500 version? Depends on if Telus is GSM or CDMA.
    12-05-08 12:16 AM
    Whoops, double post.
    12-05-08 12:17 AM
    Telus is also getting it in Canada...past that I'm not sure if it'll be 9530 or 9500 but I'm assuming it'd be the 9500 version? Depends on if Telus is GSM or CDMA.
    I understand that Telus is also getting it, but Telus as far as I know is a CDMA carrier. I know there were talks about them switching to GSM. (I just checked and it looks like they are still CDMA here is a link. about us / press room / backgrounders /CDMA - TELUS Mobility).It is obvious that Bell Mobility is getting the 9530 based on there OS release. So It would be safe to assume the same will happen for Telus as well.
    Last edited by Clover86; 12-05-08 at 12:30 AM.
    12-05-08 12:26 AM
    I just unlocked my Storm.... had it unlocked for 2 weeks. Verizon is really showing my that their service is way more robust than ATT. ATT seems to be very spotty in comparison. But , Verizons plans are high. I have 1350 min, unlimited text and a BIS plan for $129 a month. On ATT I was paying $35 less a month. I hope Att gets the Thunder. But for now, I think I will switch to Verizon
    12-05-08 01:58 AM
    I just unlocked my Storm.... had it unlocked for 2 weeks. Verizon is really showing my that their service is way more robust than ATT. ATT seems to be very spotty in comparison. But , Verizons plans are high. I have 1350 min, unlimited text and a BIS plan for $129 a month. On ATT I was paying $35 less a month. I hope Att gets the Thunder. But for now, I think I will switch to Verizon
    Thunder was the code name for the Storm.
    Options > Advanced Options > Applications
    Click on either the Core Apps or System SW and you will see in the description of them it says THUNDER
    12-05-08 02:09 AM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD