I have been following AstraSync for some time as my place of work does not support BlackBerry anymore. I am excited for the Storm to come out and look foward to picking it up... but this is the icing on the cake!!

I got this from them today when asking for an update:

To: sales@astrasync.com
    Subject: Status/Update?

With the BlackBerry Storm set to be released in less than a month, is there any chance that this will be ready by then?

----
    Hello,

AstraSync will be launched later today.

Dave Ryder
    AstraSync Sales Team
    10-09-08 12:09 PM
    It is available now
    10-09-08 05:07 PM
    Has anyone tried this service? I'm considering getting it once I get a hold of a Storm, but wanted to see what the feedback was on it.
    10-10-08 11:17 AM
    I am using the trial right now. It is nice but needs better e-mail integration. Your e-mails are in a separate account under the astrasync menu button and not in the standard Mailbox. If they went to the standard mailbox I would like the program MUCH MUCH more.
    10-10-08 04:13 PM
    I am using the trial right now. It is nice but needs better e-mail integration. Your e-mails are in a separate account under the astrasync menu button and not in the standard Mailbox. If they went to the standard mailbox I would like the program MUCH MUCH more.
    Good to know. Ya, that does seem like a little bit of a goofy workaround. My guess is that RIMM doesn't want anything to do with this working because it cuts into their BES Server $$.
    10-13-08 09:20 AM
    This product feels like it is still in beta. It is a java app that runs all the time so I saw my battery die much quicker than normal. I'd love to see it integrate more with the default BlackBerry apps, namely the messages app. Also having some type of LED or icon notification would make it better to me. The calendar and contacts portions work great.
    10-23-08 01:52 PM
    Good to know. Ya, that does seem like a little bit of a goofy workaround. My guess is that RIMM doesn't want anything to do with this working because it cuts into their BES Server $$.
    You might wanne take a look at this one too...

notifysync.notify.net/Portal.asp

Notify has an alliance agreement with RIM and it seems that this is their latest product on the Berry. Through that mutual relationship they should be able to do a much better integration with berries I guess (they prooved it with Notifylink). Notify didn't yet an official announcement on Notifysync, but it already is available for Exchange 2003 and 2007 server (other collabs like Communigate and Kerio that have support for EAS are still in beta)
    I've no idea about the price for Notifysync, but it should be more affordable than their behind the server solution called Notifylink. The latter is their premium, professional quite succesful product, offered on premise AND on demand. Ik suggest you to give them a call as they were pretty much responsive for me (regarding some Notifylink questions)...

M
    11-06-08 08:36 AM
    I am a new owner of the curve 8330
    11-09-08 09:14 PM
    I would give NotifySync a try. Superior product by far

Thanks for the spam. And usually when people are trying to spam, they don't use the product logo as their avatar.
    02-04-09 04:28 PM
    Notifysync never got back to me on an email I sent regarding question of price and a trial. I tried calling and emailing and neither worked. This compared to Astrasync who returned an email within 30 minutes AND have their pricing/buying available right from their website. Notifysync does look like the slightly better product but they just don't care to answer a sales call :/
    02-05-09 02:53 PM
    I am not trying to SPAM or anything like it. I work here and I am not trying to hide it. I have used both products, and I contiue to use NotifySync based upon funtionality
    Sorry, but hijacking a thread for a DIFFERENT product and SUBJECTIVELY trashing that product is SPAM.

It would be nice for the mods to start tossing these jackasses out.
    02-09-09 08:27 PM
    The lack of pricing on Notify is definitely frustrating. I also agree with mjc that they dont return calls or emails that quickly. I was finally able to hunt down someone after trying for a long time.
    02-10-09 03:56 AM
    I am not trying to SPAM or anything like it. I work here and I am not trying to hide it. I have used both products, and I contiue to use NotifySync based upon funtionality
    3 posts and two of them was kicked out by the mods. Yep, spammer!
    02-10-09 08:00 AM
    I just finished the 7 day free trial and signing up for their service. Much cheaper than via AT&T (~$20 vs. $5/month with AstraSync). Here are the major bugs that I found so far:

1. New calendar items are duplicated on desktop
    2. sometimes, it asks “you are attempting to connect to secure..mobile.domain.com..” (I just hit continue to get rid of it)
    3. can not accept meeting requests
    4. Sometimes have to “sync now” or “get updates” to get new emails
    5. little more drain on batterylife.
    At the low price, it's worth the bugs. Hopefully AstraSync will work on fixing the bugs soon!
    02-18-09 06:00 PM
    Hi all -

I have been using Astrasync now for the past month or so. I have been through 4 versions so far. Currently (as of 10 minutes ago) am running v12. I am using it with my personal BB 8330 OS 4.5 to sync to my corporate Exchange server without using BES. I really like that aspect.

Here's what I know -
    - it has a serious issue with recurring meetings with Outlook (I'm using 2003). Many users have had issues with this.
    - As mentioned before, the email is seperate from your other messages, which I have gotten used to - but it is not HTML.
    - you cannot, (as previously mentioned) accept meeting requests. This really isn't too much of an issue for me since I'm typically in the office near my desktop, but could conceivably be an issue if you relied on your BB for these things.
    -v11 caused some weird stuff to happen with duplicates for a few recurring meetings...don't know what was up with that. Hopefully v12 will correct this.

As far as support goes, I really have had no issues with these guys. They have been responsive and quick to release new versions in attempt to correct the known issues - sometimes within a day.

When I first installed, the sync ran 24/7 - which drained the battery terribly. You now have the ability to set days/times which is quite groovy. I sync M-F from 5a to 9p ONLY. Nice.

So, bottom line for me...I have to agree with tiny_dancer - it's worth the price and I really feel they are working toward getting these bugs resolved.
    02-27-09 09:28 AM
    Not sure I want to pay $49 a month for this. I used to get Active Sync with Palm through Verizon for free. Was hoping they would have something like that soon.
    02-27-09 11:09 AM
    $49.00 per year
    02-27-09 12:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD