Although I eagerly migrated to Verizon Wireless's BB Storm when my Windows Mobile based Samsung i760 died last week, I miss the complete wireless synchronization I had with ActiveSync. For my small business, I need to maintain all received and sent email on my desktop PC, along with an instantly updated appointment calendar and contact list, while simultaneously having all this up-to-date data on my PDA, now a BlackBerry. Which one works best with the Storm -- AstraSync, BBerrysync, SyncJE, or NotifySync? I'm considering one of these if it is fully compatible, if it forwards attachments that can be opened, and if it synchronizes reliably and consistently. Thanks for any guidance!
    03-01-09 06:16 PM
    Have had astrasync for several weeks, but it DOES NOT allow attachements to be opened without downloading them to the media card, and does not support HTML links in your messages. Both are "being worked on" but are not functional at this time. Like it otherwise.
    03-02-09 03:51 PM
    Notifysync works on my bold. I can view attachments and i get pretty much everything i hd on BES without the cost. Forget Astra its rubbish
    07-31-09 04:43 PM
    I agree about astrasync I tried it and it blows mainly because of the no attachment. Keep in mind the way RIM handles this will force you to use the icon for the program to read your mail. The mail will not be in your regular messages folder. I found this annoying too, and went top regular BIS the delay isn't too bad. Usually under 5 minutes. BIS doesn't sync calendar or contacts though.
    07-31-09 08:19 PM
    I used Astrasync for the past year.

It'd a mediocre application at best, the interface is awkward. Their development team pleads with the Astrasync community to petition BB to grant them a development license to access advanced APIs. I don't know why they can't get one. I thought that Astrasync was the only way to use EAS on my storm for the last year.

Luckily I was only our $49. My Astrasync subscription (yearly) came due, and I resigned myself to no longer synchronizing EAS content on my BB. It was a painful experience.

Then I did a search for alternative solutions. I stumbled upon NotifySync from a company called Londonweb. Their website was somewhat confusing regarding what the product did, and it did take a while to get a trial key, and then a real key. And their product is more than twice as much as Astrasync.

But I couldn't be happier. Notifysync is a fully licensed Blackberry application, it's super stable, doesn't drain my battery. It has a great Direct Push implementation that automatically adjusts the network timeout based on the quantity of traffic you're getting, it has remote wipe, HTML support, PDF support, excellent folder management and the security lock mechanism is well done.

It doesn't had Flagged message support right now, but their dev team is working on it, so they say in an email I asked them about the feature. I've read that the follow-up maintenance fees are more reasonable, so it's not $100EU each year.

Given the amount of productivity I gain from EAS, it's well worth the money. No I don't work for them, but Astrasync didn't really boost my productivity. It only marginally allowed me to access my email with significant pain points.

NotifySync hands down. Get the trial software, and try it.
    04-09-10 02:35 PM
    Google Funambol BlackBerry Sync, it's a free app which wirelessly syncs your contacts, calendar,and tasks right from outlook. Or you can do it from anywhere on the Web and set reminders. Works great syncs my stuff and the wife can login on the web and add stuff to my calendar with a reminder, not that I forget stuff lol.
    04-10-10 03:31 PM
    Hello,

last year, in december, I used notifysync and it works great.
    But what I have missed, that IM+ and the new RIM twitter client isnt integrated in this app, so that I could see new messages in the inbox of notifysync like the RIM mail client.

Thorsten
    04-11-10 07:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD