Or really whatever size card it ships with, my questio would still apply:

Will there be a noticeable difference if upgraded to an eXtreme III or something else faster than whats shipped?

When you have a ton of emails are they stored on the card? or in the phone? If on the card, a faster card would mean faster retrieval times, no?

and im sure it cant hurt with the camera performance, as well as other features

Any thoughts?
    11-12-08 12:56 PM
    Thoughts hurt me.....

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-08 01:26 PM
    I believe I read somewhere that the device itself only supports Class 2 speeds... so obviously, you can use a faster class, but it will run at Class 2 in the device. Of course, if you're on/off loading files from your PC with a quicker bus, that would be speedier with the higher classes, but you won't see a performance increase on the Storm.
    11-12-08 01:30 PM
    I've been wondering the same thing. If you check Ebay there's a guy who sells 8 gig Class 2 MicroSD cards for around $25. Comes with a USB adapter and stuff... great deal... but it's kind of slow.

If the reader in the Storm can only read at Class 2 speed, it'd be a waste of money to buy a faster card.

The only guy here who'd probably know is CX and something like that is still under the NDA I would imagine.
    11-12-08 01:38 PM
    I wouldn't buy memory cards from ebay. Just go to newegg to make sure you are getting the real thing and they are not expensive there.
    11-12-08 06:34 PM
    everything i've heard is class 2.
    with a couple year old pc, you need an adapter to read the card outside
    of the BB.
    I'm sure this has come up, what's the max size support 16g? 32g? advertised, the specs just say removable memory...
    11-12-08 06:41 PM
    16gb

11-12-08 06:53 PM
    so would the emails be stored on the card?
    11-12-08 08:59 PM
    so would the emails be stored on the card?
    That's a good question. I hope so...
    11-12-08 09:09 PM
    I wouldn't buy memory cards from ebay. Just go to newegg to make sure you are getting the real thing and they are not expensive there.
    I've bought three on Ebay and not had any problems. I didn't realize there was a potential risk. Maybe I got lucky?

What are they doing? Selling off branded stuff as branded?
    11-12-08 09:10 PM
    I'm kind of curious of who this "we" is that you are referring to in the subject...
    11-12-08 09:16 PM
    I've bought three on Ebay and not had any problems. I didn't realize there was a potential risk. Maybe I got lucky?

What are they doing? Selling off branded stuff as branded?
    Alot of times they sell blems, stuff that's not outright defective, but for whatever reason wouldn't pass full quality control. Last year there was a bunch of barely oversized 4g cards that came out, they worked fine, but only fit into phones and such after you sanded them down a bit..
    amazon.com also has really good deals on card/reader combos, but if they're coming with 8g cards why does it matter.....8 gig is mighty big, i've never had mine over 5g and i'm a media *****......
    11-12-08 09:20 PM
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll shop around in the future...
    11-12-08 09:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD