Gday All,

I am Ben from NSW, Australia and I have just recently purchased a Blackberry Storm from ebay (aust) - that works and is all OK (phew).

I have had the phone unlocked from Vodafone and then changed over to Virgin Mobile as Virgin Mobile offer a no contract prepaid service with a data pack of 50mb per month. What Virgin Mobile did not tell me when signing up with a phone I already had is they do no support a Blackberry Storm with internet. (Would of been nice to know this at time of signing up - but that is anothe story).

I have a few questions relating to my Blackberry that may seem a little novice - but - it is annoying me I cant find the info and felt this was the most appropriate place to ask.

- Since I can not access the data pack through Virgin Mobile as they can not complete the setting on a Blackberry Storm - besides going to another carrier that only offer contracts - how can I browse the internet or use applications like facebook / instanf messaging etc.

- The phone stil shows Vodafone wording on the screen - is there anyway this can be removed and if so how?

That is my questions so far - and if anyone could assist - would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers - Benno
    05-20-09 11:32 PM
    Can anyone assist?
    05-21-09 05:15 PM
    Surely someone must be able to assist?

Any help would be appreciated.
    05-25-09 02:53 AM
    Have you tried downloading opera mini.
    Before I got my storm, I had the use of a pearl for a few weeks.
    I didn't bother setting up a blackberry account but I used opera mini.
    I am not sure about the various apps - facebook etc but you should be able to get them through opera mini.
    05-25-09 04:48 AM
    Gday AprilStorm,

Opera Mini doesnt appear to support the Blackberry Storm?

Regards - Benno
    05-25-09 05:43 AM
    Gday AprilStorm,

Opera Mini doesnt appear to support the Blackberry Storm?

Regards - Benno
    there you go, whirlpool isn't a good place to ask :P

opera mini works fine on my storm except it doesn't use bis, a bit annoying...
    05-25-09 06:52 AM
    Unfortunately, OP. Without a Data Plan from your carrier, you can't access the internet/data. I would shop around to other carriers. I know Voda down there supports the Storm. I would give them a shot.

As far as your second Question, you are talking about the load up screen where it says "Vodaphone" then goes to the homepage. That, you cannot change. It is written into the phone.
    05-25-09 07:10 AM
    Hi Ben,

I'm in Sydney and use 3 for phone and data. My Storm picked up 3's internet settings automatically so no probs there for me. Maybe you can ask the guys on crackberry.com.au. Gary and Greg (Moderators) have a wealth of BB info between them. Good luck.
    05-25-09 07:36 AM
    Gday All,

Ollie N has been a great help and Opera Mini has worked on my phone.

I might try 3 and see what they offer etc.

Excellent - thank you to all! brilliant.

Cheers - Benno
    05-25-09 05:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD