Hello everybody. Is it possible to assign which contact number the text will go to? Some of my contacts have 2 numbers stored, a home number and a cell number. When I go to send them a text the phone asks which number to send it to. Is it possible to automatically send it to the cell phone number? I tried searching but couldn't find anything.
    Thanks
    01-23-09 05:35 PM
    I don't have a Storm, but on my 8830, if I select a name in the Address Book and press Menu / SMS Text, it will select the Last Phone Number I used. So if my most recent contact with that person was via SMS or mobile voice, the selection will default to that mobile number. There's not an option to always make SMS select the mobile number. The Storm may work the same way. It's worth trying.
    01-23-09 07:37 PM
    Set up the person with two different contact entrys. Name one John Doe Cell and John Doe Home. Anyone else got any better suggestions?
    01-23-09 07:44 PM
    My Storm asks me that even if I only have a cell number and an email address for the same person. Why it asks to SMS an email, I dont know. Seems like RIM designed it to ask every time.
    01-23-09 07:59 PM
    Thanks everybody. I don't really want to have 2 listings for a contact so I guess I will deal with it. Not a big issue, just kind of annoying.
    01-25-09 11:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD