My apps Im running by the way:
    Viggo
    ScoreMobile
    BerryBuzz 2.0
    QuickPull
    NHL Mobile
    Are you sure that's all your apps? Viigo does up a lot, but I have a lot more than that and I run close to 33 until the end of the day when get to 17.5 did you go to the applications list under advanced options? It might have some apps you don't remember you had or ones you might have forgetten
    Last edited by m89maru; 10-05-09 at 02:12 PM.
    10-05-09 02:03 PM
    Where'd everybody go? It's a good thing this thread is stickied.
    10-05-09 07:24 PM
    I'm still here.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-05-09 07:26 PM
    Me too.

Kinda

10-05-09 07:33 PM
    Lol. Well, if anyone wants a chat, I'm on BBM.

10-05-09 07:34 PM
    I'm always on bbm... I just can't wait for bbm 2.5!

10-05-09 07:38 PM
    Agreed! I heard Wednesday is the day.

10-05-09 07:39 PM
    Are you sure that's all your apps? Viigo does up a lot, but I have a lot more than that and I run close to 33 until the end of the day when get to 17.5 did you go to the applications list under advanced options? It might have some apps you don't remember you had or ones you might have forgetten
    Yeah i did foget a few ..... I was rebooting and thats the ones i could remember off the top of my head ....... lets try that again.

Viigo
    BerryBuzz
    QuickPull
    NHL Mobile
    Pandora
    FaceBook Mobile app
    Myspace Mobile App
    TwitterBerry
    Blackberry App World
    Crackberry App store
    Slide2_Purple Theme ( I won that one here woot!)
    ScoreMobile
    Travel Genius ( I deleted it earlier I dont use it)
    Google Sync (which Im about to start using again)
    WeatherBug

That should be it other than the crap VZW pushed to my phone i.e. Slacker Radio

I also jsut got done upgrading to .151 ...... thanks for all the advice so far by the way. Anything else that I might be able to do to optimize my app memory would be greatly appreciated.

(after the .151 install and reboot says my memory is 26.0MB. alot better than 7ish-8ish MB I was runnign earlier)
    10-05-09 09:17 PM
    I'm always on bbm... I just can't wait for bbm 2.5!

BBM5 not 2.5 anymore! hahaha. But I'm always down to help or just to chat.
    10-05-09 09:19 PM
    Yeah i did foget a few ..... I was rebooting and thats the ones i could remember off the top of my head ....... lets try that again.

Viigo
    BerryBuzz
    QuickPull
    NHL Mobile
    Pandora
    FaceBook Mobile app
    Myspace Mobile App
    TwitterBerry
    Blackberry App World
    Crackberry App store
    Slide2_Purple Theme ( I won that one here woot!)
    ScoreMobile
    Travel Genius ( I deleted it earlier I dont use it)
    Google Sync (which Im about to start using again)
    WeatherBug

That should be it other than the crap VZW pushed to my phone i.e. Slacker Radio

I also jsut got done upgrading to .151 ...... thanks for all the advice so far by the way. Anything else that I might be able to do to optimize my app memory would be greatly appreciated.

(after the .151 install and reboot says my memory is 26.0MB. alot better than 7ish-8ish MB I was runnign earlier)
    just leave it and not check it til right before bed and then report back where it is....it should remain around that and it if does you are fine....if its dropped alot we can try another attack to fix it
    10-05-09 09:23 PM
    just leave it and not check it til right before bed and then report back where it is....it should remain around that and it if does you are fine....if its dropped alot we can try another attack to fix it
    Also, remember to close apps properly. Just hitting the red phone button will not close the app completely, and constantly running apps take a toll on the BlackBerry's memory.

10-05-09 09:47 PM
    Twice now my Storm has gotten stuck. The device will not load no matter what. It displays the thinking icon and a nifty black screen. It does this until it dies from lack of juice and then once recharged will function again. I am running .151 with Win 7 theme version 1.5 by Tyler Cox. What is up cause I don't know?
    10-05-09 10:32 PM
    have you tried deleting the theme yet?
    10-05-09 10:46 PM
    So, quick question fellas. Could someone explain to me how this thread subscription works. I've been subscribed for several days now and it just seems completely random which posts get delivered to my email.

For instance, I just got Patches comment, which he posted at 7:33P at 10:46.
    10-05-09 10:55 PM
    So, quick question fellas. Could someone explain to me how this thread subscription works. I've been subscribed for several days now and it just seems completely random which posts get delivered to my email.

For instance, I just got Patches comment, which he posted at 7:33P at 10:46.
    not all posts will get emailed. normally you will have an initial email stating another post has been added....you will not recieve another email until you log in and see that post normally
    10-05-09 11:01 PM
    Okay, I get it. Thanks howarmat.
    10-05-09 11:07 PM

Well since you said it all improved after loading .151, I think you'll be alright after a few days the OS should settle and the calendar problem should be fixed. If I was going to delete any other app it might be Pandora unless you load .167 which would not allow themes. IMO that's the best solution since I've found some themes suck up a lot of app memory too. Weigh your options and see what works for you

10-05-09 11:41 PM
    have you tried deleting the theme yet?
    No, but I will. I just dont want to have to move all that stuff on the OEM theme. I was just wondering if this was a common problem and what solutions you brains could offer. I will try theme removal, then OS reload, then... lets hope it gets worked out prior to that. Thanks
    10-06-09 12:57 AM
    I'd say delete theme and see where you're at.

10-06-09 02:00 AM
    BBM5 not 2.5 anymore! hahaha. But I'm always down to help or just to chat.
    Only us interwebz nerds call it BBM5. Internally its BBM 2 or BBM 2.5.

BBM 2 = "BBM5" for devices NOT on OS 5.0
    BBM 2.5 = "BBM5" for devices on OS 5.0

And boom goes the dynamite.

10-06-09 02:02 AM
    Only us interwebz nerds call it BBM5. Internally its BBM 2 or BBM 2.5.

BBM 2 = "BBM5" for devices NOT on OS 5.0
    BBM 2.5 = "BBM5" for devices on OS 5.0

And boom goes the dynamite.

Not to "question" your information. On the front page of 2 forums BBM is going to be release as bbm5. Atleast thats what the email says . If the email holds true BBM5 will be available tomorrow
    10-06-09 07:51 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/s-...-5-0-a-319907/

10-06-09 10:27 AM
    I was saving some old themes off of my storm using BBSAK. I then deleted them from my device to free up app mem. I saw one .cod file named "net_rim_theme_precision_zen_360x480_t" its version 4.7.0.148. I saved the cod and proceeded to remove it from my bb because I thought this was the default zen theme for the phone. I had my slideberry theme selected at the time. BBSAK deleted the cod and rebooted my phone. When it turned back on, I no longer have a theme selected and all the icons are really small. I reinstalled the cod file but it did not work. When I go to options > theme it says "None [Active]". Battery pulls ineffective.

How did this happen and how can I fix it?

I am going to install .230 and see if that fixes the problem.
    Last edited by bbdillon88; 10-06-09 at 11:22 AM.
    10-06-09 11:19 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f151/s-...-5-0-a-319907/

I read that. Then I read this

New BlackBerry Messenger to Launch October 7th?!!
    Posted in News & Rumors on 05 Oct 2009 16:49 by Kevin Michaluk | 131 comments

Dang. Apparently I'll have to eat my own words on this one. So for the longest time both me and most members of the BlackBerry community have referred to the "new BlackBerry messenger" as BBM 5.0. Then, after hearing from so many RIM-connected peeps that internally "it's not BBM 5, but more like BBM 2 or BBM 2.5 depending on the device" then today we receive this email on the tipline with following update and overview"

Now I don't know what that means but...it sure looks like its BBM 5 to me ...This was posted AFTER the other thread was.
    10-06-09 11:33 AM
    UPDATE:Nevermind, I thought I could assume that the simplest of all fixes was established, but all it took was a battery pull.

I recently loaded .230 on my dad's storm but every time he tries to use it, it "Could not process your request. Please try again." so my question is....
    How do I get VZNavigator working on .230?
    hit me up on BBM 30544022
    Last edited by m89maru; 10-06-09 at 01:07 PM.
    10-06-09 12:52 PM
1,114 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD