i have recently been getting these messages from Rim saying "this message is used to carry data. Please do not delete,move or respond to this message. it will be processed by the server. "
    each has an attachment that if i go to open, it says "download this attachment? it will not be seen by this device" or close anyway.

how long do i hold on to these or should i even hold on to them? just delete them or are they trying to push something my way? updates?
    sorry i may have been able to look this up by search but not enough time right now

Thanks
    Dog
    Step 1: You have installed Desktop Manager using the 'Desktop Redirector' option.

If you're not using Redirector, you should uninstall Desktop Manager and then reinstall it using the BlackBerry Internet Service
    option.

Step 2: On your device, go to: Options > Advanced > Service Book, and delete all service books for [Desktop]

Also, are you on BIS?
    Last edited by Card Storm; 11-02-09 at 04:16 PM.
    11-02-09 04:13 PM
    i updated my storm and now vz acess manager and media sync will not reconize my device. any ideas. i already tried to reinstall everything. i also updated my desktop manager too.
    11-02-09 04:30 PM
    also pm me if you can
    11-02-09 04:31 PM
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahaha Wow I never knew Peaches aka patches was a girl! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    -_-, ......no comment.
    11-02-09 04:34 PM
    i updated my storm and now vz acess manager and media sync will not reconize my device. any ideas. i already tried to reinstall everything. i also updated my desktop manager too.
    Restart your computer, and while waiting for reboot pull the battery on your phone. Those two things fix most connection issues.
    11-02-09 06:40 PM
    Sorry, search was no help, so here goes...
    What's the fix for crud under the hard keys (the four at the bottom of the screen)? I've tried blowing them out manually because on occasion they start sending random commands which cause the phone to completely freak out as it tries to keep up! It takes several hard pulls to get it to calm down again. Or is this just an unfortunate consequence of the design, i.e. the gap between the touch screen and the four keys?
    11-02-09 06:45 PM
    What's the fix for crud under the hard keys (the four at the bottom of the screen)? I've tried blowing them out manually because on occasion they start sending random commands which cause the phone to completely freak out as it tries to keep up! It takes several hard pulls to get it to calm down again. Or is this just an unfortunate consequence of the design, i.e. the gap between the touch screen and the four keys?
    Warranty covers this. Suggest getting a replacement.

11-02-09 07:12 PM
    Restart your computer, and while waiting for reboot pull the battery on your phone. Those two things fix most connection issues.
    yeah it connects with desktop manager. just doesnt connect with anything else.
    11-02-09 07:14 PM
    Warranty covers this. Suggest getting a replacement.

Well if it keeps it up I just may...
    Can't blow it out with one of those mini cans of compressed air?
    11-02-09 08:48 PM
    Well if it keeps it up I just may...
    Can't blow it out with one of those mini cans of compressed air?
    in my experience, it's not worth trying it yourself, and breaking the phone, and it not being covered under warranty. at that point it would be a $50 insurance claim, not a free warranty replacement....see where i'm going with this?

lots of risk, very little reward....well the same reward that can be had with no risk whatsoever
    11-03-09 04:52 PM
    yeah it connects with desktop manager. just doesnt connect with anything else.
    did you uninstall AND remove the files from the PC? if you uninstall the programs, it could leave behind files and drivers, etc...
    11-03-09 04:53 PM
    Here is my problem. I have multiple calandars on my BB. There is one for each of the 2 email accounts I have and one that is called default. Somehow entries into the calandar are scattered among 2 of the different calandars. I use Outlook to sync. Is there anyway to remove one or more of these calandars so I don't continue to have this problem? Also, in my contacts options, there is a Gmail contact list. How can I remove this since I don't use Gmail.
    Thanks for any help
    11-03-09 05:13 PM
    Here is my problem. I have multiple calandars on my BB. There is one for each of the 2 email accounts I have and one that is called default. Somehow entries into the calandar are scattered among 2 of the different calandars. I use Outlook to sync. Is there anyway to remove one or more of these calandars so I don't continue to have this problem? Also, in my contacts options, there is a Gmail contact list. How can I remove this since I don't use Gmail.
    Thanks for any help
    use DM, go to backup/restore>advanced, and on the left, remove the calendar databases...also delete all calendar service books.

from there, resend service books. this will create new calendars for your email accounts. then use DM to sync the calendars.

as far as the gmail thing, did you use gmail at one time? i'm not sure how to remove it other than wiping the phone, and then restoring only what you want. i'll mess with it and see what i come up with.
    11-03-09 05:24 PM
    You are the best Patches, thanks. Who said Ninjas were mean
    11-03-09 05:29 PM
    You are the best Patches, thanks. Who said Ninjas were mean
    just wait till i send you my bill...
    11-03-09 05:33 PM
    OK, Followed you steps and Removed Calandar DB and All Service Books. That deleted the one calandar called device default. Re synced the Calandar and I am guessing that all entries are now under the calandar I have selected as the default in Advanced Options.

Yes, I did have Gmail briefly and deleting the contact DB and resyncing did put it back to my default contact list, but the gmail contact list is still showing under contact options and is actually the only entry there.
    11-03-09 05:38 PM
    OK, Followed you steps and Removed Calandar DB and All Service Books. That deleted the one calandar called device default. Re synced the Calandar and I am guessing that all entries are now under the calandar I have selected as the default in Advanced Options.
    so then is it fixed?

Yes, I did have Gmail briefly and deleting the contact DB and resyncing did put it back to my default contact list, but the gmail contact list is still showing under contact options and is actually the only entry there.
    go to the BIS site, and make sure it's removed there...

i had to uncheck the "gmail contact sync" from the BIS site. the gmail sync screwed up all of my contacts big time!
    11-03-09 05:41 PM
    Yes, I would consider it fixed. I did delete from BIS website, but I will double check. Either way I would say you have fixed all my issues. Send the bill and thanks.
    11-03-09 05:43 PM
    I installed desktop manager 5 with media manager and roxio in my PC. my phone will connect to the desktop manager, but when i go to manage my media and it opens up Roxio, it never goes. it will either stay stuck on the roxio loading screen, or go to the files screen but when i go to click and drivers or folders it wont let me. could this be the desktop manager, a roxio problem, or just a regular problem with my PC? i had desktop manager that came with my storm 1 installed and there was never a problem. also, i dont know if i have these correct in my blackberry...but when i go to options/memory i have compression Enabled, media card support on, media transger protocol on, mass storage mode support on, and auto enable mass storage upon connection on. what do these mean and is it okay that i have all them on?
    11-03-09 06:11 PM
    in my experience, it's not worth trying it yourself, and breaking the phone, and it not being covered under warranty. at that point it would be a $50 insurance claim, not a free warranty replacement....see where i'm going with this?

lots of risk, very little reward....well the same reward that can be had with no risk whatsoever
    Roger that...if it recurs frequently enough (right now it is infrequent and utterly random) you've made the point!
    11-03-09 08:11 PM
    How in the world does one get that much crud in that tiny little crack?? I don't think I could even get dust in there on mine.
    11-04-09 03:06 PM
    I installed desktop manager 5 with media manager and roxio in my PC. my phone will connect to the desktop manager, but when i go to manage my media and it opens up Roxio, it never goes. it will either stay stuck on the roxio loading screen, or go to the files screen but when i go to click and drivers or folders it wont let me. could this be the desktop manager, a roxio problem, or just a regular problem with my PC? i had desktop manager that came with my storm 1 installed and there was never a problem. also, i dont know if i have these correct in my blackberry...but when i go to options/memory i have compression Enabled, media card support on, media transger protocol on, mass storage mode support on, and auto enable mass storage upon connection on. what do these mean and is it okay that i have all them on?
    This doesnt sound like a settings issue in DM. Have you run a virus scan lately?

Are you talking about roxio DVD burning software?
    11-04-09 03:12 PM
    This doesnt sound like a settings issue in DM. Have you run a virus scan lately?

Are you talking about roxio DVD burning software?
    is everything i have set in my phone correct? and how do i do a virus scan in the phone? & also, the roxio i have installed is the roxio software they give you when you download the desktop manager with the media manager off the blackberry website
    11-05-09 03:42 AM
    I'm not catching what the letters T.h.E. represent. Help?

11-05-09 06:46 AM
    I had to wipe my storm and restore it. Everything seemed to be working fine except for when I go in App World. Click on My World and it no longer shows my downloads. I never purchased any and downloaded free ones only. How do I get this back in order to be keep up-to-date or uninstall any that I don't want?
    When i first install App World months ago I never had to log in and do not have a pay pal. Is this why? Do I need one? I clicked on an app I already have installed. When i tried to install it app world told me this version already exists do you want to replace it? I canceled the installation and now it shows in my downloads. Is this what i need to do with all my apps? This is weird? Please help. I searched for a while but could not find anything and did not know where to post this.

Thank you
    11-05-09 08:00 AM
1,114 ... 3132333435 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD