I live in FL, but my phone has been inside on my desk, plus it is like 75 degrees in my house.
    10-24-09 08:44 PM
    I got it to work sort of. I notice when I try to go to options and select screen/keyboard it wont let me open it. I can open anything else in options, trying an OS restore.

NO a battery pull did not solve my problem,
    10-24-09 08:47 PM
    I'm having a couple of issues I'm hoping someone can help me with. Issue 1- I am on the official .148 OS on my 9530 Storm. I use to be able to go into advanced options and resend my service books. This is no longer there. A couple of days ago, I was able to go into the Help app and resend the service books from there. Now that option is gone too. Any ideas?

Issue 2- I can no longer successfully forward a text to a BBM contact. I tried sending one that contained text as well as pictures. That contact received only the text portion of the message. Any ideas here?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help!!
    To be honest with you I would just go ahead and upgrade to .323 and see if you still have these problems. You will spend less time upgrading than you would trying to figure out whats wrong with these original issues.
    10-25-09 06:13 PM
    I 've tried everything.This same issue occurs when i tried to install .323 yet any other OS i can install with no problem I updated the new OS from verizon itself, trued with and without vendor file. I loaded through device manager aswell as apt loader and yes all other OS are removed. I also reset my phone and computer numerous times. I install through app loader , I can make it through the first 2 steps ( download device software, and Load JVM and system software). Now this is where the problem occurs. When it comes time for the device to initiate the device will not turn on. Instead it goes into a constant loop of black screen red light and with a brief power up goes back out to the black screen red light. I receive no error messages of any sort . I've tiered a upgrade as well as a clean install. Most times when I reboot I get a screen that has the looping circle. It stays on this screen and doesnt do anything. I left this screen up for atleast 30 minutes should I leave it up longer. Has anyone else gotten this loop circle screen , left it up and eventually the phone reconnected? Any help is appreciated.

Last edited by nphilly1; 10-27-09 at 09:17 AM.
    10-26-09 07:37 AM
    I 've tried everything.This same issue occurs when i tried to install .323 yet any other OS i can install with no problem I updated the new OS from verizon itself, trued with and wothout vendor file. I loaded through device manager aswell as apt loader and yes all other OS are removed. I also reset my phone and computer numerous times. I install through app loader , I can make it through the first 2 steps ( download device software, and Load JVM and system software). Now this is where the problem occurs. When it comes time for the device to initiate the device will not turn on. Instead it goes into a constant loop of black screen red light and with a brief power up goes back out to the black screen red light. I receive no error messages of any sort . I've tiered a upgrade as well as a clean install. Any help is appreciated.

Here is what I would suggest.
    * Back up all your data including 3rd part apps (you can use BBSAK for the apps)
    * Wipe your device (also with BBSAK)
    * From your PC control Panel, delete all prior DEVICE software
    * I also like to go to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\Shared\Loader Files and delete any reference of a prior install
    * Re execute the 328 exe file and start the instlal process again. If you are on Verizon and have downloaded the official build, then there is no need to delete the vendor.xml file.

Let me know if you need anything else.
    10-26-09 08:03 AM
    ^^^ I've used bbsak to do a wipe. I also made sure that I have no evidence of a prior install. I even reset my computer and phone after the uninstall and after the install (on the computer). There is no loader folder on my computer as this was deleted after the uninstall of the OS from my comp. I'm on tmobile so I have to delete the vendor file. Any other things I could try?
    10-26-09 08:26 AM
    ^^^ I've used bbsak to do a wipe. I also made sure that I have no evidence of a prior install. I even reset my computer and phone after the uninstall and after the install (on the computer). There is no loader folder on my computer as this was deleted after the uninstall of the OS from my comp. I'm on tmobile so I have to delete the vendor file. Any other things I could try?
    Have you tried launching the loader.exe file manually and not going through DM?
    10-26-09 11:23 AM
    ^^^ Yes I tried doing the install through App Loader which doesn't work.
    10-26-09 11:38 AM
    Is the YouTube Launcher(not the icon that links to the mobile site) unrecoverable from the .230&.323 builds in .328? I can't see anything in recent posts in this thread about it when I searched. I loaded all my apps when I restored (including my recent youtube app) and it is gone, not hidden. I found it more convienent than going to the mobile site
    10-26-09 12:11 PM
    Is the YouTube Launcher(not the icon that links to the mobile site) unrecoverable from the .230&.323 builds in .328? I can't see anything in recent posts in this thread about it when I searched. I loaded all my apps when I restored (including my recent youtube app) and it is gone, not hidden. I found it more convienent than going to the mobile site
    have you tried dling it again?
    10-26-09 04:37 PM
    ^^^ Yes I tried doing the install through App Loader which doesn't work.
    Did you delete the old OS? I suggest you delete every OS you have, install the one you want (.238 is nice, to much edge, but it's getting better after the 4th bat pull) and then if it isnt the official wipe and then install using BBSAK... easy and clean.
    10-26-09 04:40 PM
    have you tried dling it again?

Where is this linked to? Is it hosted by Google? or VZW?
    10-26-09 04:43 PM
    I'm sorry if this has been posted already, but I searched and couldn't find any info on it. Basically, I wasn't sure exactly how the GMail contact sync was going to work. After wiping my phone and installing OS 5, I installed Google Sync and transferred my contacts. After that, I added my two GMail accounts to my phone, and chose to sync the contacts. Unfortunately, I forgot to change the option to disallow duplicate contacts. Therefore, now I have duplicates. I have disabled the contact sync through Google Sync. What is the easiest way for me to delete all of my contacts and then have my phone re-sync to my two GMail account contact lists? Thanks in advance for your help.
    10-26-09 04:45 PM
    Can someone help mee .....

On my Storm (9530) i had 140 contacts on my BBM list running on the older BBM version. Once i installed the 5.0 version, it works fine-except i wasn't able to update my status. I mean, i was able to make one on Edit my Profile, but it would not get sent out nor appear on my name on my list or my name on my friends' contacts list. So i played around with it at home, thus coming to realize that when i stripped my list down to 100 people, then i was able to update my status...sent out-appeared on my recent updates-appeared on my friends' contacts list-the whole nine yards. Basically, the limit on my phone for some odd reason is 100. if i add atleast one more person over 100, giving me 101, it brings me right back to the same problem i had when i had my original 140. Does anyone know why is this? or am i the first person to be dumb enough to have 140 on my list, or even have this problem? Please Help.....
    10-26-09 05:29 PM

On my Storm (9530) i had 140 contacts on my BBM list running on the older BBM version. Once i installed the 5.0 version, it works fine-except i wasn't able to update my status. I mean, i was able to make one on Edit my Profile, but it would not get sent out nor appear on my name on my list or my name on my friends' contacts list. So i played around with it at home, thus coming to realize that when i stripped my list down to 100 people, then i was able to update my status...sent out-appeared on my recent updates-appeared on my friends' contacts list-the whole nine yards. Basically, the limit on my phone for some odd reason is 100. if i add atleast one more person over 100, giving me 101, it brings me right back to the same problem i had when i had my original 140. Does anyone know why is this? or am i the first person to be dumb enough to have 140 on my list, or even have this problem? Please Help.....
    Kevin the founder of crackberry did a stress test on the new bbm. If I can find the post I will put it up or you may be able to google Kevin bbm stress test. I'm mobile now but maybethe problem might be explained in there.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-26-09 05:36 PM
    okay thank you so much. i was asking because my friend has over 100 on his list, but hes got the curve for Tmobile, but everything still works fine even after 100 people. so im thinking maybe its a storm problem...ill never know.
    10-26-09 05:53 PM
    Are you still getting this error? Usually you just need to unplug your device, restart your computer and try a different USB port and then try again.
    10-26-09 06:05 PM
    okay well i checked kevins thing...he said he passed a couple thousand but he doesnt mention anything about the status and what not =/
    10-26-09 06:06 PM
    Have you tried redownloading it?
    10-26-09 06:06 PM
    Where is this linked to? Is it hosted by Google? or VZW?
    YouTube on your mobile phone
    10-26-09 06:08 PM
    please post questions in red. Beleive it or not it does help.
    10-26-09 06:11 PM
    I don't know why my facebookk app won't show up on my storm after i install it i have the official version of Os 5 someone help
    10-26-09 06:11 PM
    I don't know why my facebookk app won't show up on my storm after i install it i have the official version of Os 5 someone help
    are you installing the correct version? Delete any signs of facebook from your phone and then re install it through DM.
    10-26-09 08:31 PM

Mmk. Sorry for the late response. What OS are you running and what version os BBM 5 are you running. Also, have you tried uninstalling BBM and reinstalling it? Make sure you back up your contacts if you try this. Get back with me.
    10-26-09 08:34 PM
    the OS im running on is the updated 5.0 OS. the BBM im running is also 5.0, the Official version.

2 days ago, i was on the 4.7 OS with 4.7 bbm, everything was fine. i installed the new BBM 5.0 official version with 140 contacts. then realized i couldnt make a status like described in my question above. so i deleted 40 people off my contacts list, leaving me with 100 people, and BBM was working perfect like its supposed to be. This morning, i upgraded to 5.0 OS...it deleted my BBM but i re-installed it through blackberry.com instead of Appworld. When i restored my contacts from my previous version of BBM (through Email), it brought back all 140 contacts like i originally had, but again, i was still unable to update my status. it saves in my Edit My Profile-but does not send out. So, I Uninstalled, Deleted, and Re-Installed BBM and still the same problem. Mind you this is a brand new storm. ive had this problem since last week when i installed the new 5.0 BBM and thought it was the phone-so i brought my phone into verizon themselves-they told me it was a glitch and gave me a brand new phone. But the funny part it, the same problem still consists even WITH a new phone and everything fresh. im soooo lost.
    10-26-09 09:31 PM
1,114 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD