When I record from my storm and then try to playback on my storm I get
    An error message about wrong format or something. What's up?
    11-11-09 09:23 AM
    Help please. I have done a preiminary search for this
    topic have not seen it.

I am unable to click on most buttons in my browser whether
    it is Balckberry or IE.

I have installed a Win7 theme.

Thanks in advance.

Peace,
    Scott Drew
    11-11-09 11:15 AM
    When I record from my storm and then try to playback on my storm I get
    An error message about wrong format or something. What's up?
    This happened to me on my S1 once. I took 2 videos first one got the error message and second one and all after that were fine. Dont know what caused it but hasnt happened since. Is it still doing it? Try doing a battery pull and see if that takes care of it. Also triple check your settings.

Also, please use "Red" for questions/issues

Help please. I have done a preiminary search for this
    topic have not seen it.

I am unable to click on most buttons in my browser whether
    it is Balckberry or IE.

I have installed a Win7 theme.

Thanks in advance.

Peace,
    Scott Drew
    What have you done so far to troubleshoot this? Was this happening prior to loading your custom theme? If not then it is most likely theme related. Delete, battery pull, and test.

Also, there is no need for the large font size, it is very obnoxious! Please use standard default size with red only for questions/issues.

Thank you!
    11-11-09 03:06 PM
    Boy! Did I end up making a mistake in getting the Tour. I'm on my 2nd one in a week (got an exchange today), but I'm STILL having the same problems. I'm only going to address the biggest one...

Why the helll can't I receive Emails? I am having to resend my service books every few minutes! When I do, a flood of Emails comes in. Then, the next time someone sends me an Email, those don't come in. I once again have to resend service books.

I can send Emails without any problems. I can send/receive SMS and MMS. It's just that these damn Emails will not come through, and I've done everything one can do in terms of setting changes/updates both on my Tour and on sprint.blackberry.com

I never had this problem with the Curve, and in the 7 days I've had the Tour, this has been occurring for the last 5. Anyone care to chime in as to what could be causing this?

The Blackberry techies at Sprint keep telling me it's a bad phone. I don't buy that. Sure, I'm on "only" my 2nd Tour in 7 days, but that itself is still unacceptable.
    11-11-09 07:11 PM
    Suggestion 1: quit dealing with in store tech support. Its obviously not a hardware issue or it would impact all services. You need to call and get them to delete your BIS profile and create a new one.

Suggestion 2: never EVER go into the store unless the people on the phone say your hardware needs to be inspected for damage, or you want to try something out. Stores are for sales, even then its cheaper online.

Hope I helped.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-11-09 07:16 PM
    I wasn't using store tech support. I went there to exchange a phone that had other problems as well.
    11-11-09 07:44 PM
    Suggestion 1: quit dealing with in store tech support. Its obviously not a hardware issue or it would impact all services. You need to call and get them to delete your BIS profile and create a new one.

Suggestion 2: never EVER go into the store unless the people on the phone say your hardware needs to be inspected for damage, or you want to try something out. Stores are for sales, even then its cheaper online.

Hope I helped.

Well, this is probably the last thing I had left to do, and I just completed it. Tech support deleted my entire BIS profile. I registered a new one w/ new user name, etc., entered my 4 Email accounts, and got the activation message for each. A flood of Emails came through.

A little later, however, the Emails stopped. As I'm typing this I received a half dozen Emails on my PC. Not one of them came through to my Blackberry. As I said before, I never had this problem with the Curve. Granted, this doesn't sound like it would be a hardware problem, but it's no coincidence that this all started happening when I switched to the Tour.
    11-11-09 08:03 PM
    Well, this is probably the last thing I had left to do, and I just completed it. Tech support deleted my entire BIS profile. I registered a new one w/ new user name, etc., entered my 4 Email accounts, and got the activation message for each. A flood of Emails came through.

A little later, however, the Emails stopped. As I'm typing this I received a half dozen Emails on my PC. Not one of them came through to my Blackberry. As I said before, I never had this problem with the Curve. Granted, this doesn't sound like it would be a hardware problem, but it's no coincidence that this all started happening when I switched to the Tour.
    Im wondering if it has something to do with Sprint? I have not heard of anyone running a 9630 on VZW with these issues.
    11-11-09 08:10 PM
    I'm sure it does have something to do with Sprint, but God knows what it is. I'm going to post this same problem in the Sprint section to see if anyone else is having the same problem.
    11-11-09 08:14 PM
    I'm sure it does have something to do with Sprint, but God knows what it is. I'm going to post this same problem in the Sprint section to see if anyone else is having the same problem.
    Search it out first and see if you can find any threads regarding it. I am sure that is what it is! I just asked 2 friends that run 9630s on VZW and both aid they havent had a single issue.
    11-11-09 08:16 PM
    I didn't find anything similar so I just posted a thread about this on the Sprint side. We'll see if anything comes of it.
    11-11-09 08:21 PM
    Should the backup file be an IPD file or a BAK file? vz rep told me to look for bak file but all i see are ipd's
    11-11-09 08:33 PM
    Dear The T.H. Council
    For a while now any app I download won't expand to full screen, or go into landscape mode. . . it was ok at first because it only did it to one or two apps so I didn't care - but last night when I upgraded my O.S. I discovered all my 3rd party apps have fallen victim to the full expanded keyboard and uh non landscapeness.
    I'm at a loss. How do I stop this ridiculously annoying constant expansion of keyboard during portrait & refusal to go into landscape of 3rd party apps?

sincerly,
    Frustrated in Florida
    11-11-09 08:58 PM
    Dear The T.H. Council
    For a while now any app I download won't expand to full screen, or go into landscape mode. . . it was ok at first because it only did it to one or two apps so I didn't care - but last night when I upgraded my O.S. I discovered all my 3rd party apps have fallen victim to the full expanded keyboard and uh non landscapeness.
    I'm at a loss. How do I stop this ridiculously annoying constant expansion of keyboard during portrait & refusal to go into landscape of 3rd party apps?

sincerly,
    Frustrated in Florida
    Is Compatibility Mode disabled? Sounds like that is what you are experiencing.

Options>Applications>Highlight App>Menu>Set Compatibility Mode to "Disabled"

Do this for all as well as make sure all permissions are set to allow then do a physical pull and report back
    11-11-09 09:06 PM
    Dear The T.H. Council

sincerly,
    Frustrated in Florida
    Guys help me out here, I think your in compatability mode?? Am I wrong? You may need to go to options/applications menu click on the application thats doing it, then click disable compatability mode.

hope that helps.
    11-11-09 09:07 PM
    Is Compatibility Mode disabled? Sounds like that is what you are experiencing.

Options>Applications>Highlight App>Menu>Set Compatibility Mode to "Disabled"

Do this for all as well as make sure all permissions are set to allow then do a physical pull and report back
    lol cool you confirmed my suspicions.
    11-11-09 09:07 PM
    I know I have seen this somewhere, but I can't find it for the life of me. Since upgrading to .328 when i boot up, the phone asks since i have a SIM card do I want it to search for available networks. I say no and the phone is set to 1XEV. What am i missing here?

thanks
    11-13-09 09:38 AM
    Unless u plan on going out of the US 1XEV is what u want the network on.

11-13-09 09:56 AM
    Unless u plan on going out of the US 1XEV is what u want the network on.

i know, but it keeps asking even after i set it to 1XEV
    11-13-09 10:58 AM

What have you done so far to troubleshoot this? Was this happening prior to loading your custom theme? If not then it is most likely theme related. Delete, battery pull, and test.

Also, there is no need for the large font size, it is very obnoxious! Please use standard default size with red only for questions/issues.

Thank you!
    I was only using a size 3 font. I did not realize it was too large. It has never seemed to be an issue with any
    other forum.

I had only gotten my Storm 2 a day before I loaded the theme, which was
    from this site.

I pulled the battery and this "seems" to have resolved the issue.

Is this size font appropriate?

Thank you.

Peace,
    Scott
    11-13-09 11:08 AM
    I was only using a size 3 font. I did not realize it was too large. It has never seemed to be an issue with any
    other forum.

I had only gotten my Storm 2 a day before I loaded the theme, which was
    from this site.

I pulled the battery and this "seems" to have resolved the issue.

Is this size font appropriate?

Thank you.

Peace,
    Scott
    When in doubt, pull the battery out! Sometimes all the device needs is a fresh restart to iron out little issues. Glad everything is working for ya, keep us posted if it happens again or if you have any other issues.

This font works just fine. Thank you!
    11-13-09 01:47 PM
    I an having trouble downloading music. When I launch the BB media sync It says connect a BB device I do connect and it gives me a error saying unable to connect device I click retry and it just doesn't work. I have the storm1, It's like the BB and computer don't recognize each other.
    Thanks
    11-13-09 08:05 PM
    I an having trouble downloading music. When I launch the BB media sync It says connect a BB device I do connect and it gives me a error saying unable to connect device I click retry and it just doesn't work. I have the storm1, It's like the BB and computer don't recognize each other.
    Thanks
    Please use REDfont when asking questions.

When you connect your device to DM does it recognize your PIN? Have you tried changing Mass Storage Mode Settings, enabling and disabling?
    11-14-09 01:49 PM
    Thanks
    Did you try a different USB port?
    11-15-09 12:31 AM
    i'm sorry Paul, i can't take you seriously with such blatant spelling and capitalization errors in your signature....fix it at once!
    11-15-09 09:22 PM
1,114 ... 3536373839 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD