is everything i have set in my phone correct? and how do i do a virus scan in the phone? & also, the roxio i have installed is the roxio software they give you when you download the desktop manager with the media manager off the blackberry website
    Settings are correct, but he meant virus scan on your PC.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-05-09 09:10 AM
    I had to wipe my storm and restore it. Everything seemed to be working fine except for when I go in App World. Click on My World and it no longer shows my downloads. I never purchased any and downloaded free ones only. How do I get this back in order to be keep up-to-date or uninstall any that I don't want?
    When i first install App World months ago I never had to log in and do not have a pay pal. Is this why? Do I need one? I clicked on an app I already have installed. When i tried to install it app world told me this version already exists do you want to replace it? I canceled the installation and now it shows in my downloads. Is this what i need to do with all my apps? This is weird? Please help. I searched for a while but could not find anything and did not know where to post this.

Thank you
    I do believe that if you have app world attached to a pay pal account with a credit card then the app history is saved under your pay pal Login info. If you didn't have one before then you prolly won't be able to restore that info.

But most apps have a "check for update" option in the menu somewhere, or they notify you of upgrades available, etc. Doesn't really seem like too big of a deal.

11-05-09 09:14 AM
    Honorable Council, I have a question...I have a noticible memory leak on my Storm (3-4 megs per day, down into the teens by day 3 or so after a battery pull) since upgrading to .328. When I upgraded, I only restored my contacts and settings using the app loader - downloading all of my apps from scratch. The only app that I can figure is causing my memory leak is the new "enhanced gmail plugin," which runs in the background.

I searched the forums and found someone who deleted their gmail account and re-added the account to get rid of the plug-in. I tried deleting, battery pull, then re-adding, but the plug-in seems to be reinstalled when the email account is added to the phone.

Any suggestions ??
    11-05-09 10:11 AM
    Honorable Council, I have a question...I have a noticible memory leak on my Storm (3-4 megs per day, down into the teens by day 3 or so after a battery pull) since upgrading to .328. When I upgraded, I only restored my contacts and settings using the app loader - downloading all of my apps from scratch. The only app that I can figure is causing my memory leak is the new "enhanced gmail plugin," which runs in the background.

I searched the forums and found someone who deleted their gmail account and re-added the account to get rid of the plug-in. I tried deleting, battery pull, then re-adding, but the plug-in seems to be reinstalled when the email account is added to the phone.

Any suggestions ??

it leaks with absolutely nothing installed. it's just the OS. you have two options:

take it or leave it

just like dinner when i cook
    11-05-09 10:18 AM
    it leaks with absolutely nothing installed. it's just the OS. you have two options:

take it or leave it

just like dinner when i cook
    LOL...ok. I guess that's the normal rate as well ?? I see so many others post about how stable this OS is...not sure what the difference is
    11-05-09 10:28 AM
    BTW Patches....why are u showing "Banned" ???

WHAT DID U DO ??? LMAO

Thanks for the help !!
    11-05-09 10:33 AM
    woooo it fixed itself well kind of lol! I was walking from dropping my wife off and got the 5.0 update email. I rushed on home downloaded the apploader and once I connected my storm everything worked flawlessly, downloaded the new software to my stormy and I am in love with the phone again. THe only flaw now is in the process of downloading the new software I noticed the storm 2. I just got my storm in july and now I want the new storm!!!!
    Ok so the new os is really nice, phones much faster. Had some issues with quickpull and pandora, I set the application defaults for quickpull and now it works flawlessly. As for pandora I have no idea whats wrong. It use to play continuously and now it seems as though it just freezes towards the end of the song, and I have to click the fast forward button for it to continue. I will be updating pandora to the new version right now, I am hoping this may help.
    11-05-09 02:12 PM
    ok works perfectly now as well!
    11-05-09 02:20 PM
    if i drop my BBS2 in the woods where no one is around to hear it, will i lose my browser?
    11-06-09 10:12 AM
    BTW Patches....why are u showing "Banned" ???

WHAT DID U DO ??? LMAO

Thanks for the help !!
    he stole the wifi out of the storm 1......
    he has also been known push apps onto your phone while you sleep....
    11-06-09 10:14 AM
    Good question. Imo the only way it will get lost is if a squirel takes a shyt on your storm. That will deactivate your browser. If a bear does it, nothing will happen.

11-06-09 10:16 AM
    if i drop my BBS2 in the woods where no one is around to hear it, will i lose my browser?
    No, your browser stays with you no matter what.
    11-06-09 11:42 AM
    Good question. Imo the only way it will get lost is if a squirel takes a shyt on your storm. That will deactivate your browser. If a bear does it, nothing will happen.

well does the breed of squirrel matter? if it is a grey squirrel am i ok? if it is a red squirrel do i need to resend my service books? also if the bear takes a picture of the squirrel is there an app to silence the camera click?

J/k guys...its cool you wanna help out the noobs
    if there is another spot on the jedi council id be glad to help out
    after five S1s and every operating systems that came out, i think i know a thing or two
    11-06-09 01:09 PM
    I just upgraded my OS to V5.0. I can't turn on the mobile network. I tried to switch back and forth from CDMA to GSM. But it didn't work. Please help.
    11-06-09 01:10 PM
    click on the antenna symbol in the upper right corner of the home screen. then click on mobile network
    11-06-09 01:14 PM
    well does the breed of squirrel matter? if it is a grey squirrel am i ok? if it is a red squirrel do i need to resend my service books? also if the bear takes a picture of the squirrel is there an app to silence the camera click?

J/k guys...its cool you wanna help out the noobs
    if there is another spot on the jedi council id be glad to help out
    after five S1s and every operating systems that came out, i think i know a thing or two

I just PM'd you!
    11-06-09 01:40 PM
    click on the antenna symbol in the upper right corner of the home screen. then click on mobile network
    I tried that. When i clicked on the Mobile Network, the check mark appeared but other than that, nothing happened. I couldn't even undo check mark.

I also tried to wipe my phone with JL_Cmder, installed it with OS 4.7, it still didn't work. Above the clock, it said "Service Required". What does it mean?
    Last edited by newbab4ever; 11-06-09 at 04:32 PM.
    11-06-09 03:49 PM
    I tried that. When i clicked on the Mobile Network, the check mark appeared but other than that, nothing happened. I couldn't even undo check mark.

I also tried to wipe my phone with JL_Cmder, installed it with OS 4.7, it still didn't work. Above the clock, it said "Service Required". What does it mean?

did you try a *228 option 1
    11-06-09 04:44 PM
    I just unboxed a 9530 storm i bought on ebay and unlocked it. The seller claims it was new, but it has IMEI numbers on the back whited out. I proceeded to insert the simcard (movistar colombia) and found no way of getting the phone to register with the network. I configured the networks settings to manual, GSM, and MY netowrk provider but it only gave me what seemed to be SOS dialing. I tried dialing an SOS call, and no luck. What am i missing? Is the phone bad? HELP!! thanks!
    11-06-09 04:45 PM
    Couple more things, the phone is unlocked. It shows up on OPTIONS>ADVANCED OPTIONS>SIM CARD>MEPD Network INACTIVE. I only get SOS on the top right screen.. even when i get GSM, there is no way to make a call.
    11-06-09 05:26 PM
    does you carrier offer the BB service books? Have you tried contacting the seller and see if the phone is a good working one or did you just get ripped off?
    11-06-09 05:35 PM
    did you try a *228 option 1
    i tried that. But it's not working since i don't have any signal. The antenna is always in off position.
    11-06-09 05:46 PM
    i tried that. But it's not working since i don't have any signal. The antenna is always in off position.
    and your sure your in a good coverage area? Did you try changing your network settings to 1XEV than do a battery pull?
    11-06-09 06:15 PM
    tried that. Still didn't work
    11-06-09 08:21 PM
    I just unboxed a 9530 storm i bought on ebay and unlocked it. The seller claims it was new, but it has IMEI numbers on the back whited out. I proceeded to insert the simcard (movistar colombia) and found no way of getting the phone to register with the network. I configured the networks settings to manual, GSM, and MY netowrk provider but it only gave me what seemed to be SOS dialing. I tried dialing an SOS call, and no luck. What am i missing? Is the phone bad? HELP!! thanks!
    Hey what carrier are you on!

Is it showing a red SOS in the top right corner of the screen???? Where signal should be??
    11-06-09 08:24 PM
1,114 ... 3233343536 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD